Home

Music In JA

Toimisk

Well you can just run media player in the background and turn off ingame music.

You might be able to add music to the music folder in the assets.pk3 file in base directory. Possible just change the file name to whats in there now and replace the files with your own music. However, I'm not sure whether this would stop you from joining MP games. You could always try it and replace them if it doesnt work.

Create a folder in your base dir called music and shove whatever MP3s you want to play in-game in there, start the game then in the console type music/music Yourmp3.mp3 change the yourmp3 to the name of your track, and you don't need to put the .mp3. :)

Well....at least it worked before i upgaraded to 1.1, maybe im doing it wrong or something..:(

However, I'm not sure whether this would stop you from joining MP games.

Spoken like a true nOOb.

:p

Couldn't resist that one babe...

Never edit the assets.pk3 files directly, or you won't be able to join any MP servers running as Pure Server, which is approx 95% of the ones out there. If you must edit the pk3s, make a copy of the files and extract them to their own folders; then pull out what you need, edit the files, and recompile them into a new custom pk3 file. Then place that file the base folder.

There have been many suggestions as to how to get your own music ingame, but it's actually somewhat complicated because the file format has to be *exactly* the same file format as the original files, ie. bitrate, samplerate, encoding, etc. As an audio engineeer, I've tried to do custom music several times in my own pk3s and never got it to work perfectly. Search the forums here for the different solutions.

There are also prepared downloads that can be found at JK2files.com, lucasfiles.com, and pcgamemods.com.

However, the ablsolute easiest way to do it without using up any system resources (like WMPlayer would do) is to turn the music off in JA and crank up your home stereo with whatever you want, like Wagner, Rachmaninov, Ministry, Yanni...

True, but I thought 95% of people here sit there playing with padawan level bots. Editing the pk3s would mean it loaded the music automatically each time whilst you're playing bots. I never felt any need to do it as wmp works fine for me, but then again, maybe you're one of the kill tracker 31i73 who find it necessary to tell everyone what song their playing rofl.

Well, I tried to do what Tesla suggested but I can't seem to get it to work. The music command in the console says this music<musicfile>[loopfile] I don't know if anyone knows for sure how to use this with other music from outside of the game but hopefully this will help

I tried the method that Tesla suggested and that worked for me, all i did was create a folder in the \base dir called 'Music' and dropped in the mp3's. During any game i just dropped down the console and typed 'music music/trackname.mp3', at first it didnt work because i was putting a backslash instead of a forwardslash.

Archived