Home

DF fan soundtrack 2nd version

Lundquist

That soundtrack Was MIDI?!?!?! It sounded so real!!! I love that soundtrack I have burned on CD. I hope you keep the original crix madine's fate music, that and The final duel music was my favorite ones. If you could make MIDI sound THAT good than you are a true artist. Keep up the good work.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monkey Mania: Yes, that's why I asked, I wanted to tell you about the kx drivers in case you didn't know - though I don't know how they work.

I use Gigastudio 160

the libraries I used for this is:

Strings: Vienna strings - from the orchestral cube

Brass: Project Sam Horns, Bones & Trumpets and Kirk Hunter Tuba

Woodwinds: Westgate Studios Woodwind collection

Choir: Voices of the Apocalypse

Chromatic Percussion including Timpani: Ultimate Orchestral Percussion

Other Percussion (snare bassdrum toms cymbal etc): G-Town percussion (these are FREE)

a lot of the samples (especially strings) aren't shown their true potential in this soundtrack though...

Here's the first step: ditch IE! ;)

j/k

Okay, serious now. I suggest that you clean out the cache (aka "Temporary Internet Files") and maybe the history in your browser. Assuming you have Internet Explorer, you can find this under Tools, Internet Options. If you don't have IE, you're probably smart enough to find it.

I use IE myself by the way. I have since I decided Netscape 4 was too outdated. I hate AOL. They bought Netscape and ruined all the subsequent versions. Plus they're just plain annoying, although they do send us nice shiny frisbees... :D

WOW...That's amazing. Great job!

Listening to the music gives me a sudden desire to go back and play DF again. Hopefully I'll have time to during winter break.

Just a couple comments on the music:

On #5 After the Massacre, there was an instrument or two that seemed slightly strange-not glaringly so, but just a little weird. It's in the part where its soft and melodic, punctuated by louder blasts on some horn or something. The soft parts are absolutely beautiful, but the blasts seemed slightly strange to me. By the way, that's my only constructive criticism on the whole hour+ of music. Of course there's always something that could sound less electronic, but I'm not complaining.

Also, I loved the sound of the choir in #15 Mohc-The Final Battle.

Once again, great job. I can't wait to see the levels this music goes with.

I forgot to ask if there was stuff missing from this version. I couldn't compare it to the old version because the tracks are organized differently-I think the shorter cues were absorbed into the neighboring tracks or omitted. I noticed that a few of the levels didn't have tracks with corresponding titles, but I though it was possible that they reuse music from other levels.

And yes, I do know that this is the unofficial soundtrack. From Benevolence's work on the TIE Fighter music, it seems that he'll do a similarly wonderful job on the DF soundtrack. Listening to both again, it seems to me that Benevolence's track from TIE Fighter seem's a bit more polished than Lundquist's stuff, but then again, it's 3 and a half minutes compared to an hour and five minutes. I'm looking forward to the finished thing (mod, soundtrack, all that). Yeah right, as if anything is ever truly finished. Seems like the kind of thing people will continue to work on after a complete version is complete.

Thanks for all the kind words:)

The music for the rest of the levels are indeed just reused from the other levels, the shorter cues were mixed in with the bigger ones - I couldn't remember how I did it the last time though, since I don't have the old soundtrack anymore.

I know that it seems 'sluggish' at places:sweat: I tend to get a little restless when I sit with something like this for so long - so I take some shortcuts to finish faster and hopes nobody notices...

Slicerdude:

I'm glad you liked the choir in 'Mohc - The Final Battle' it was an experiment and I was wondering how it would be received, it took a long time to put the right vowel and consonant sounds together to form the words.

Archived