Home

Kill Bill

Pad

I havent seen any Kill Bill threads lately which made me a bit worried so I´m posting one right now.

Has anyone seen this new movie which is from Quentin Tarantino's hand?

I watched it last night and I was very pleased about it. Its the normal Tarantino style we are accumstumed with such as dialog, music, fonts,... It has many blood and fighting scenes, like the Blue Leaves one, where the bride is fightin uncountable oppenents who loose all kinds off body parts and blood is all around.

The story:

Uma Thurman plays a character known as the Bride, a pregnant assassin who is shot by her boss, Bill (David Carradine), on her wedding day, leaving herself and the wedding guests lying for dead. She survives and after being in a coma for four years, she wakes to seek revenge on her co-workers and boss who had attacked her. She sets out to strike down her once fellow assassins, leaving Bill for last.

thebride_01.jpg

Actually, no one has seen 'the whole movie' ... it is like one of those TV episodes where you get half-way into the story and get a 'to be continued'.

Mirimax was pleased and they're all but saying that it was profit motivated.

Lost a lot of credibility with me based on all of that ...

Mike

Originally posted by Chewbacco

The whole thing was originaly suposed to in one but found that it was too long and so the director split it in two.:)

It wasn't unilateral - it was largely Harvey Weinstein from Miramax who made the call. While Quentin may have had the clout to make it in one 4-hour piece, but after all of the delays and cost over-runs, the possibility of upping the profit margin must have been unarguable.

... so yes, I knew. But it is like this - LotR is 3 books = 3 movies. Fine. Matrix was a cool movie turned into an 'always intended to be a 3-parter'. Not buying that. Kill Bill ... ack.

Mike

best film of the year so far by such a long way! (mid you this has been a sucky year for films).

Not as good as Reservoir dogs or pulp fiction, but still great.

Awesome soundtrack too.

You probably enjoy it a bit more if you have seen a lot of the material it is referencing (bruce lee films, 70s HK matrial arts flicks, shaw brothers films, sergio leone westerns, anime and so on), but even without having seen that it still would rock.

The fact it is split into 2 actually works really well, and the ending is great. However it does make it hard to give a final judgement on the film without having seen the second half.

As a film i felt it had far less filler than, for example, matrix reloaded (and a better ending) and i really wish that they had made one 2 1/2 hour matrix movie instead of padding it up to 2 movies. but kill bill works fine (so far) as 2 movies.

best film of the year so far by such a long way! (mid you this has been a sucky year for films).

Not as good as Reservoir dogs or pulp fiction, but still great.

Awesome soundtrack too.

You probably enjoy it a bit more if you have seen a lot of the material it is referencing (bruce lee films, 70s HK matrial arts flicks, shaw brothers films, sergio leone westerns, anime and so on), but even without having seen that it still would rock.

The fact it is split into 2 actually works really well, and the ending is great. However it does make it hard to give a final judgement on the film without having seen the second half.

As a film i felt it had far less filler than, for example, matrix reloaded (and a better ending) and i really wish that they had made one 2 1/2 hour matrix movie instead of padding it up to 2 movies. but kill bill works fine (so far) as 2 movies.

Archived