Home

Enhanced Ideas: New Animations

Samuel Dravis

This thread is to post about the new animations that will be need by things like the saber stances etc.

1) Adding a 'Force dodge jump' where it would act like the side dodges but would make you jump a very short way in the air. This would be rather awesome in saber duels (especially with the new saber fighting). It also is present in the movies.

I don't put much faith in the possibility of new animations that are useful and any good. They're just too difficult to do and we don't have enough manpowe.

Anyway, as for animations we'd like...I can't think of any at the moment but I'm sure I'll find some when I start digging into things.

The hint to making good anims is to do a little research into anatomy. Fluid motion is a must. And I'm not talking about adding tons of frames either. If your motion is fliud there shouldn't be much difference between 5 frames and 100. Other than the slow motion. ;)

Though its alot easier when you can make it up as you go along.

200311182051941517467829.jpg

Styles mostly. I'm debating on working on a Flamboyant style. Like Fencing. I've got a rough stance hammered out for it. where the saber flies off the belt into the already outstretched hand.

I can do a quick replacement job on fast or tavion style before the source comes out so as to get any kinks ironed out. Then I can add a new style when the source is available.

Plus, I'd like to join up with Renegade on the Movie battles mod.

right now I'm hammering out anims for Monsoontide's Acklay.

Nope classic fencing. maybe dooku.

fencing.gif

and to accomplish this I'd need to do new anims.

hence the relevency to the new animations topic. ;)

when I get ready to move on over to implementing different styles and ways of selecting them then I'll move on over to systems. :)

really? Can the override be overridden? Kensai from [sotg] seemed to override the leg animations with his d+f+attack with the dual sabers causing the attack to be slightly skewed. It should be in the samuri stances on lucasfiles. I guess I'll take a look at it.

Due to some issues here at work, I had time to organize and categorize all the animations. I have the saber animations categorized by style, parry, and lock. And now I have a good understanding of what touches what and the naming scheme. So now I know where to start when I begin to make my own.

Animations Changes:

BOTH_STAND1TO2 14943 16 -1 20 saber on

BOTH_STAND2TO1 14943 16 -1 -15 saber off

Custom On off animations for variety

Move L/R Hang bone to hip to facilitate Ace's Saber Hilt collecting ;)

BOTH_SABERSLOW_STANCE 13123 2 -1 60

BOTH_SABERSTAFF_STANCE 1042 10 -1 20

BOTH_SABERDUAL_STANCE 13050 2 -1 20

BOTH_SABERFAST_STANCE 13052 2 -1 60

BOTH_STAND2 15068 2 0 20 Medium Stance

Custom Stances, This may Be doable with just stealing from the current anims

BOTH_RUN_DUAL 12413 26 0 40

BOTH_RUN_STAFF 12439 14 0 20

BOTH_RUN2 12331 26 0 40

Something a little more realistic. I hate how they hold the saber funny. Should hold single with two hands while running or at a sideways angle.

BOTH_SABERTHROW1START 13127 53 -1 20 Throw Forward

BOTH_SABERTHROW1STOP 13180 29 -1 20

I'm changing this to an over head vertical throw instead of the current sideways horizontal.

BOTH_RUN1

BOTH_RUNBACK1

BOTH_STAND1

BOTH_STAND1IDLE1

BOTH_TURNCROUCH1

BOTH_TURNSTAND1

BOTH_WALK1

BOTH_WALKBACK1

Move l/r hang bone to hip. Guns and hilts will then reside there until the turn on/off animation runs. Most are a measly 12 frames of animation should be able to accurately recreate them.

Archived