Home

Zombie pirate Barbosa?

MJ

Hello there, gents. Thought you guys might be interested in a little news I found. :)

Geoffrey Rush has had a big 2003 it seems, the talented Aussie starring in the two biggest box-office earners of the year ('Nemo' & 'Pirates') and plenty more roles on the way for the Oscar winner. For the moment though he's back home Down Under and 'Dan' saw him recently and managed to land a scoop on two films: "Wednesday night I was at the launch of the Australian in Hollywood exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery in Canberra and had a chance to talk to Geoffrey Rush who was opening the photo exhibition. I asked him what he was up to next and he told me that while there are going to be two Pirates of the Caribbean sequels, he'd probably only be back for number two. He told me that the next film and his character's return would have something to do with Voodoo magic. As an aside, Geoffrey mentioned that he had just read the Son of the Mask script and said that it was a cracker of a script and should be better than the first Mask movie with much better SFX. I don't know what his involvement with the film is but he seemed to be quite excited by it. Mr Rush gave an excellent speech about what it meant to be an Australian in Hollywood and he was very funny and easy to talk to. He was honoured by having his hand prints put in cement on the foreshore of Lake Burly Griffith".

Yes, I agree, it would be better. The only character you truly need is Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow.

Unless of course you need the blood of those responsible for his destruction to raise the zombie pirate Barbosa. That would mean the other two as well.

THAT article would go in the scrap book!

Actually, perhaps it will happen visa versa...

or do you mean they'll sue after Mi5?

@Scabb: yes. Dark days in the cinema are coming...

....*looks around* BOYCOTT THE PHANTOM MOVIE!

DO IT!

DO IT RIGHT NOW...err...when it comes out in 2004...

Gabez, NO. We've talked about this! Its not the "best bit of the movie" and its not a cliffhanger!! Its just a.. bit. I don't even know why its there, but I don't think it has a great deal to do with the plot of the sequel. Nevertheless, I will no doubt be wrong, in which case I hate you all.

Archived