Home

So, how many people play this anymore?

jonesdaniel

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've found that since JA brought so much new stuff to the table, especially in duels and what not, that the game online has become even more random, and no real skill is required to get wins anymore. So I went back to JO after beating it in SP. I wasn't too impressed with what I saw in JA.

The little I did see. That brings up a point. Ever since i reinstalled my JO and installed my JA, I havent been able to get more then a small number of servers to show up when i "get servers" and refresh and what not. Somtimes its around 30, sometimes its only like 5, maybe i need to open ports or something? any ideas? I have 1.04. And I have 1.01 for JA...all updated and what not...I cant figure it out, and when I do get servers up, I can join, they just keep trying to connect and eventually give me some error or something equally nerve wracking. I remember when I first got JO, I could play just fine, now all of a sudden I can't do anything, but I expect my router ahs something to do with this, if you have a solution plz let me know, and you JO guys will gain another devoted player :)

I also openned the ports that lucas says to open btw.

Still no go. I have at the current time about 5 servers listing, and i can't join any of them, when i filter in JkII online there is only one server, and i cant join it either :/

Maybe i haven't downloaded something that the servers have thus I dont see them? I have 1.04, thats it.

The strangest thing is that it does it on both JO and JA...I am not too woried about JA at this time, but I'd really l ike to get back into JO if possible...Also, I tried getting the Colleseum mod, and installed it right, and I cant see those servers either.

Bliss Out.

Originally posted by Darth Bliss

Also, I tried getting the Colleseum mod, and installed it right, and I cant see those servers either.

Colloseum Mod is fantastic, but it is a Single-Player mod, not Multiplayer. That's why there are no servers.

Originally posted by P.I.M.P

I have both but I really miss Jedi Master in JK2 :-( I am currently considering taking down my JA server and putting the JM server back up. Just my 2 cents.

If you love JediMaster, come to my JK2 Chop Shop FFA-CTF server (IP is in my sig, scroll down). Two of the maps in the rotation are JediMaster, one on the Deathstar (ffa_deathstar) and one on ctf_bespin. Since they are part of the rotation, there are usually a lot of people on the server and they play it, even though they might not normally go to a JediMaster-only server. Very frequently there will be 10, 15, or even 20 people playing JediMaster, which you never saw even when the game was new, and certainly don't see anywhere else today.

In my last post, I meant to say that if anyone knows why my cousin couldn't see me when I created a server. I obviously know how to create a server. :D It can't be the firewall because I allowed it to run JKII as a server. I tried disabling it aswell and still no luck. My brother says that maybe it's because I have Pure Server on "Yes". Can that be the problem or is it something else?

Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom

In my last post, I meant to say that if anyone knows why my cousin couldn't see me when I created a server. I obviously know how to create a server. :D It can't be the firewall because I allowed it to run JKII as a server. I tried disabling it aswell and still no luck. My brother says that maybe it's because I have Pure Server on "Yes". Can that be the problem or is it something else?

Well... just type /showip in the console, and give him your IP.. then he types /connect [your ip] (no []) and it will connect him to the game :whtsmile:

Originally posted by P.I.M.P

I have both but I really miss Jedi Master in JK2 :-( I am currently considering taking down my JA server and putting the JM server back up. Just my 2 cents.

Just a quick notice: All Jedi Outcast gametypes have been re-enabled for Jedi Academy if you use the OJP Enhanced mod. It would be cool to play those again in JA, hint hint ;)

Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom

Have you got the server in the same network as your self and is it via connection sharing? If so you will need to run the game on the pc that plugs up to the modem to the net. And any pc you are networked with you will see your game via network and not Internet.

Well he lives in the Bronx, so I'm assuming we do not have the same network. Therefore,we cant' play on LAN. Maybe if I disable the firewall, he would be able to see me. But if I do disable it, hackers might "observe" or do something else on my pc. I'll going to tell him to do the whole "/connect (my IP)". Thankz for the tips lukeskywalker1 and Tosh_UK.

Well, after having JA for a few months now, I've suprised myself. As of now, I'm playing JO about as much as JA! The reason being is the fact that I have many top-notch custom SP maps and campaigns for JO, something JA doesn't have right now. I also use JO MP for all my Disruption needs, as the JA version is too laggy.

I usually play duels on Jedi Outcast. I hardly play saber only on FFA servers cuz a lot of the clan servers are lame and people hardly fight on them. I tried looking for server that are not made by clans but there aren't any. To be honest, I have more fun playing against bots and also bots don't kick like some lame people do.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived