Home

So, how many people play this anymore?

jonesdaniel

Wow no one is going to like me here, your probably some nintendo playing fat japanese kid.

Still not learned your lesson? O.o

Well i can tell you if you'll start a fight again (look through your post history it's ALL fights) you'll surely be banned again..

I've got nothing to say about this but if you keep starting fights and insulting everybody i think there's something wrong in your head.

I'm going to stop here and i'll try not to quote on your childish insults again.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm new here. Happy New Year to all the Jedi here!

I started playing again last month and I forgot what a great game this is. Miles better, more fun and challenging than most newer games. I really hope to see a new Jedi Knight game soon (for PC/Mac), either with Kyle having to track down his errant student from the Dark Side ending of Jedi Academy, or a new, original story set in the New Jedi Order time.

I've done a few duals online but noob I am again!

Welcome to the forums, Scooterboy! :D Personally, I have wanted to create a follow-up to the DS ending of Academy, but never gotten around to it. I suppose after I'm done with The Rift Valley I'll get going on that idea, if nobody else has taken it. But that will take a loooong time alone.

(End of rant) Have fun on LucasForums!

Hi all. I'm new here. Happy New Year to all the Jedi here!

I started playing again last month and I forgot what a great game this is. Miles better, more fun and challenging than most newer games. I really hope to see a new Jedi Knight game soon (for PC/Mac), either with Kyle having to track down his errant student from the Dark Side ending of Jedi Academy, or a new, original story set in the New Jedi Order time.

I've done a few duals online but noob I am again!

Hey buddy thanks for stopping on by! Glad you could join some of the finest Jedi in the galaxah.

Oh yeah and I bought a used copy of JO for my little bro before Christmas, I actually didn't see JA.

Then again, it was a pretty crappy GameSpot.

Lucas is not going to make a new Jedi Knight.Academy was the last.

At any rate, when he came home one night, he was about to enter his home when he saw a man standing on his doorsteps. It had been a long day for Michael, and, as such, he was in a tired, grumpy mood, as reflected in his interactions. He walked half way up the steps before demanding, “who are you?”

As witty a quip as the man’s response was, it was fairly slow at that, and was seemingly a bunch of nonsense, somewhat undermining the wit itself. “Pragmatic condescension is the negation of one's belief in the reality of their desires in trade for the belief in the desires of their reality; desire for meaning versus meaning for desire. That is precisely who I am not.”

Michael replied, “yeah, yeah, whatever that’s supposed to mean.. care to say something with the tiniest smidgeon of logic whatsoever?”

“Logic is a meaningless construct in and of itself; it is but a realist illusion, subsidized by the contrived forces of pragmatism. I am the incarnation of the transcendence of logic,” said the Devil.

“Right..” muttered Michael, “why don’t you begin to make sense? Honestly, I’m getting sick of these games.”

“I am the Devil,” uttered the man. Michael subtly shook his head in disbelief. “It is with unrelenting desire that I wish to qualm your dissatisfaction with your life. My proposal should be beneficial to us both, you should know. Quite an economic transaction. You will feel happy, and I sated.”

nervous.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Jedi Outcast (and JA) are the only games I seem to return to, and it's nice to see theres a still a JK community.

Lucas is not going to make a new Jedi Knight.Academy was the last.

That's too bad. I bought Knights of the Old Republic, but stopped playing it only partway into the game because it was boring. Having no direct control over the character takes away much of the enjoyment of playing despite how good the story may be. JA had a stunted story but great gameplay. JO had a great story and great gameplay. That's what I'd like to buy and play, a Star Wars game, set after the movies, where the player controls a Jedi ala Jedi Knight, with an original story or one gleaned from the Jedi Academy or New Jedi Order books.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Jedi Outcast (and JA) are the only games I seem to return to, and it's nice to see theres a still a JK community.

There will always be a JK community. It is, after all, such a great series.

That's too bad. I bought Knights of the Old Republic, but stopped playing it only partway into the game because it was boring. Having no direct control over the character takes away much of the enjoyment of playing despite how good the story may be.

I like KotOR personally, but if you don't like the RPG, that's fine. I like 'em both. :) And KotOR's storylines are excellent.

JA had a stunted story but great gameplay. JO had a great story and great gameplay.

Hit the nail on the head. I thought JA had an OK storyline, but JO had a much better one. It was a lot more like a true First Person Shooter. Though I was confused at first, since I got JO after JA.

That's what I'd like to buy and play, a Star Wars game, set after the movies, where the player controls a Jedi ala Jedi Knight, with an original story or one gleaned from the Jedi Academy or New Jedi Order books.

As Kyle said on Yavin: Yes!

There was only one thing I didn't like about JO. You know how when sound is an mp3, the sound is distorted? Well, you can pick up the mp3 distortion in JO but not JA. The one fault I have with JO.

kotor1 had one the best story\character developments ive experienced in a game, kotor2 however was very "meh...". the jk community will die a slow and painful death because Lucas arts will not be making a sequal to the series. i hope i may be pleasantly surprised in the near future, but seriously doubt it

kotor1 had one the best story\character developments ive experienced in a game, kotor2 however was very "meh...". the jk community will die a slow and painful death because Lucas arts will not be making a sequal to the series. i hope i may be pleasantly surprised in the near future, but seriously doubt it

Now everyone says there won't be a sequel but is there any concrete evidence of this? I too find it unlikely..by default but has there been any official press releases to offer credence to these dire assumptions?

Now everyone says there won't be a sequel but is there any concrete evidence of this? I too find it unlikely..by default but has there been any official press releases to offer credence to these dire assumptions?

There is no need of proof, i know there's no more JK after the Academy game.

Lucasarts is not going to make another one, BF and Galaxy and more new sw games are now for sale. JK is history..

There is no need of proof, i know there's no more JK after the Academy game.

Lucasarts is not going to make another one, BF and Galaxy and more new sw games are now for sale. JK is history..

That's a pretty sweeping statement there ;) You've got a quote from Lucasarts that confirms this? And you're absolutely sure that there's going to be no call at all for a Star Wars lighsaber-based game in the future?

If you're sure of the second, perhaps you'd like to tell me what the lottery numbers are going to be this weekend?

B.

That's a pretty sweeping statement there ;) You've got a quote from Lucasarts that confirms this? And you're absolutely sure that there's going to be no call at all for a Star Wars lighsaber-based game in the future?

If you're sure of the second, perhaps you'd like to tell me what the lottery numbers are going to be this weekend?

B.

I'm certain they will quit making JK games.

Just watch there will be nomore JK in the future. ;)

Archived