Home

NEw City

ocYrus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

slow down ocyrus, some have no clue what we are even talking about. ok, here is the deal.

Baboo's freind Secaih has set up a city hall on a VERY nice place on rori. he doesnt want anything special, he just wishes to have a very prosperous city. this guy gave up his guild to make this city. baboo and i agreed the first night we saw it that we wanted to go there, so we started doing convincing. this guy said we can do what we want to the city, install what we want and whatnot, he just wants the be mayor i guess like all the time. now for some this has bothered them..but for quite a few this has not even scathed them..so.we have two(three sorta) options and im telling you now, the majority of us have already chosen number 2.

1/ get another city hall and make our own city, let Secaih's be forgotton and prettymuch perish.

2/ Join Secaih's city and make it a prosperous city on rori, make it the place to be.

3/ wait once again till the cap is raised a bit and try to get a hall in quickly, this also is on our good old crowded planet called naboo( though we all like it)

GW also is pissed off at what trinity has done and after talkin to from me and from secaih they are in consideration of moving out here as well, as there is imp's and rebels in our pa and Secaih is imp. we will have this city nuetral, i mean we got restuss and the rebel outpost if you want missions so bad. also, a perk...a rebel/imp PvE battlefield

Yup Jo has pretty much explained the situation here. But let me just list why I think this is a good idea for us.

I think being at the root of an open city like this is our best chance for making something worth-while.

A lot of people seem to think that we need to go it alone and create an -A- only city. But many people don't realize that it takes 85 residents to have a full city. 55 people just to get a shuttle port from what I hear.

If we are going to be anykind of recognizable destination, we need to band together with this town and try and recruit like mad to get it up to speed.

If anyone knows any other PAs in our neighbourhood being shut out by Trinity, maybe we should consider asking them to settle with us.

Also there has been some worry from some that not founding our own hall leaves us powerless in this place, which is completely unfounded. With myself, Jo, and X'ero moving into the neighbourhood the -A- already controls the voting. But I think it is good for us, and the City to have an un-alligned Mayor like we do now. Having such a mayor won't scare away other potential groups or solo individuals looking for a home. The bottom line is we need people which we don't have right now. Secaih has also told me he doesn't want to be mayor forever, but he does want to be the first key Mayor, the guy to unlock gardens for our city and such. Believe me when I say he is a politician with good intentions. The militia by the way will probably end up being all -A- members anyway, so those who seek the power to /kick and /ban get your name in now.

What this all means is, even though it's true we are not responsible for founding this particular settlement, it doesn't mean this can't be OUR city. This could even potentially be an all -A- city if we do some mad recruiting.

So this is why I think this arrangement is good for us, Mayor Secaih, and the foundation of the city of Rorana. We have an opportunity to be part of something really cool here.

And for those of you who don't know, Rorana is located on Rori far to the North-West at -4555 6683.

A lot have you have come out and seen it already. And many of you already agree it is an amazing spot for a town. Something to really call out own.

I'm sorry for not posting earlier on this subject. This all happened online over the course of Friday and Saturday, it's just been a really crazy couple of days.

Sounds like a good idea, but don't forget about what Jan mentioned ...

Now, the question we need to ask is, will it be profitable enough for us to stay there? If you live and deal with things on Naboo, you would first have to travel to Rori, then take another shuttle to the city, if we can get a shuttle port up and running that is. If you live somewhere else, then you would first have to travel to Naboo, then Rori, then the city. That's alot of time and money spent.

Will it be worth it in the end?

And besides how many crafters do we have? Four I think, myself, Vega, Tokalar, and Froobuk.

Hey hey hey, what about me? :(

And Corzip (medsupplies).

And X'ero (instruments).

And yes, I am planning on getting that big.

I'm also plannig to do something about this craziness that's going around these days, with people overpricing their warez into the sky.

300 000 Cr for a scatter gun, get real. :rolleyes:

(ok, granted it was one of a kind, but still ... :D )

This is my problem with going to Rori..

1. No Economy, and that will never change

Why will it never change?

B/c You have to go through Naboo to get there which has a huge economy.

2. If we are on rori, it is just a drain on cash, even if we do have a shuttle

Ex. If im at the city and i want to travel to dantooine first i have to take the shuttle to restuss, then I have to take a shuttle to naboo, then corellia and then dantooine. That a few thousand down the drain(for just one way)

3. Its too dark for me(just a et peeve)

And dont for get me Jan hopefully ill start making and selling spice and slicing stuff

Keldor, there's plenty of people that would come to Rori. We just have to give them a reason to come. I'd be sure to make the cantina have a ton of really good attractions. Great music and dancing, good drinks, and once a week the bar boxing competitiont hat Richton will organize. I'm hoping Jatari would run the theater when he gets Master Musician, and we would hold the bar boxing finals there, and Jatari could book some big time events, like plays and stuff. At first we won't be a big attraction, but over time, we'll make Rori a great place to be. And the spot on Rori that we're at isn't dark all the time. It can be pretty nice there. Kinda lonely, but that's because not many people are there yet.

Ouch triple post X'ero :p

We got some other crafters!

Omikauk (sorry bud I still dont know how to spell your name!) - Droid Engineer

Iam two crafting professions Chef and Tailor.

If Grask needs to he could open up a spice shop.

That is every crafting profession right there. Our economy will do just fine.

My bad... we have a few more crafters.

But I still think it will be easier to build a city to be proud of on Rori, instead of a small-time opporation on Naboo. Everyone will go to all the huge guild towns that are already there.

Traffic on Rori is still good though. I have never gone to the Rebel outpost without seeing 20 people there.

It's better to be one of the main cities on a small planet than be a small city on a huge planet.

I think we could get a lot of business. I still hunt on Rori sometimes, and I know a lot of people who do too. Not to mention it's a big rebel attraction. I think more people go to Rori then most realize.

yes, i know a large group from DS go to rori for Levias Squall hunting..so who knows..we just have to hope for the best..WE NEED 15 residents by wednesday i believe...that way we can rank up and get a cantina. and an expanded boundary.

Ya Corzip came online on Sunday, and he seemed to agree with the move to Rorana.

The reason Jo is saying we need 15 people is so we can get a city upgrade in the first rotation. The first rotation happens in 3 days. If we don't get another 5 residents in that time we will be behind on City advancements, and a lot of invaluable politician Xp won't be gained.

It isn't going to be easy for many of us to move, but the faster we get in gear, the better it will be for everyone.

yeah reaps, the hall was placed this last saturday or friday night, cant remember, but we got 3 days left as of last night. but it also said we had 15 residents..so for now i think we are good, i need baboo to secure a mount and meet me at the PA hall so i can have it transfer to grask..but the other thing is, grask, one of your pets has to go to make room for the mount..so, what willit be

Archived