Home

NEw City

ocYrus

Yup, WE GOT 15 CITIZENS !!!!

This mean come the next city rotation we can get small gardens and MISSION TERMINALS!!!

However I want to still get more people out there. 15 is great, but if we had 20 our politician will get 2000xp in the first election, which will allow him to get 2 level 1 skills, instead of 1 and a half. So 20 people can be our new goal. And I really believe we can do this.

Also about Grask's mount, or anyone else still needing a mount. I am happy to train any 75% grown carrions, kaadu, or dewback people might have, but I don't have the datapad space to be raising more then one at a time myself. I still have a ton of extinct pets I'm not going to give up to make room for a mount training business. If you still need a mount, ask tokalar to make you one, tame it, raise it, and I'll train it for you in a couple of days.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as making profit I think going to Rori is a pin, but we cannot compete with Tio and other big guilds on price or quantity. What we as crafters CAN do is scour the galaxy looking for the BEST ingredients to make the highest quality stuff possible. Quality and Customer Service are our only assets against the much bigger guilds.

Get 'em Neoc! I think that any jedi that would waltz around showing off should die. Ruins the whole RP atmosphere.

I'll see if I can set up the Cantina today. If I can, I'll hold back, and set up party invitations, and have one on Saturday. We'll want to advertise in Theed and other large cities, and get people to come. It'll be great publicity to get poeple to joint he city.

On Jedis

Wait Wait Wait,

You mean waltzing around as a Jedi is not RPing? What you think all the jedis just hide, no. What is so great about killing a Jedi anyway? They are cool, I would rather fight the guy trying to kill a Jedi then kill a Jedi anyday.

On the City

Woo go city! I should have a mount by today and will grab a medium naboo house from baboo or somebody and throw down my residence. We could make a deal for anyone to join our city gets a free naboo house. I'm sure lots of Rorians would want to join an awesome city.

I think we can get a ton of people to come to rori and have a blast. We should set up parties, boxing matches, battlefield runs etc etc to promote our town.

This is really awesome guys, I'm glad were all doing something kick ass together.

On Grask

I miss you, I want to be your henchman in your crimelordy ways. Have to start collecting thug faction.

~SK~

Walking around showing off your lightsaber, and Jedi title is anything but RP'ing Goose. The Jedi are being hunted down by the Empire. If they were smart, they'd keep themselves hidden, not show off everyone their mad jedi skillz. It does ruin the RP experience. Only time I ever want to see a jedi walking around with a lightsaber out is if he has a death wish, or is about to go on a killing spree. And I'm assuming only a master could do the latter efficiently.

Oh, and one thing that just came up. I'm not home right now, but my computer screen at home is acting up. The screen has been flickering lately, for no reason it seems, then last night, out of nowhere, the screen gets all skinny, the picture really skinny and kind of going in on itself, and with black outsides where the picture usually filled the whole screen. I thought the screen was flickering because I needed a new power adapter for my comp, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Whenever I turn on my moniter, my TV gets all fuzzy if the moniter is messed up. I thought it might have to do with the wiring in my house, but this has never happened before. It may be time for a new moniter, or it can be fixed. Hopefully it's fine when I get home, so I can play SWG. If not, I'll try to play with a distorted screen... What fun.

All you needed to know about cities.

RANK

RADIUS

POPULATION

Outpost

Village

Township

City

Metropolis

Other Structure Placement

For discussing structure placement in cities, we should look at three different types of structure.

The first are houses and installations (ore mining, etc). Any player can place their own structure in a city. When a structure is added to the city, both the player and the mayor receive an email reporting the addition. If a house is added, the player can become a citizen by declaring the house their residence. Players will not be able to be citizens of more than one city.

The second group are "civic" structures. Civic structures are not placed by citizens, they are placed by the mayor. The following structures are civic:

City Hall Bank Shuttleport Cloning Facility Gardens

Civic structures do not have a normal maintenance cycle or menu options. Their only menu option is "Destroy Structure." They can all be re-deeded, except the city hall. The ability to place a civic structure is gated by two requirements: A mayoral politician skill level requirement and a city rank level requirement. Civic structures must also be placed in a city and should not and cannot exist outside of a city (this is discussed more below). The current placement requirements are:

Structure

Ability REQ

City Rank REQ

Bank

"Place Bank"

Cloning Facility

"Place Cloning Facility"

Shuttleport

"Place Shuttleport"

Small Garden

"Place Small Garden"

Medium Garden

"Place Medium Garden"

Large Garden

"Place Large Garden"

Gardens themed from Dathomir, Dantooine, and Endor require the "Place Exotic Garden" ability, but are ranked like other gardens (based on size, small, medium, large).

The third type are commercial structures owned by players. These are the Theater, Cantina, and Hospital. A Cantina must be placed by a Master Musician or Master Dancer. A Hospital must be placed by a Master Doctor or Master Combat Medic.

Commercial structures must be placed within a player city initially, but can continue to exist if the city goes away later. In order to place a commercial structure of one of the above types in a city, the mayor must be involved (to determine proper placement). The Mayor grants permission to place one of the above structures with the /grantZoningRights command earned as a politician. Commercial structures also have a city rank requirement. Cantinas are rank 2, Hospitals are rank 3, and Theaters are rank 4.

i need to move grask out tomorrow night..to bring us to 21, and im also gonna be talkin to a person on Kauri who made a post on the starsider official forums..20 houses on their server, for 20 houses on ours. naturally, ill be workin out details like a weekly sign in and voting for the mayor. this is just what we need..i think if we can do it, im gonna arrange for after the city update..that way we have more room..so, BABOO, i will tell you tonight if its a good idea to start grindin up some Small naboo houses..

ALSO: If this turns out good.. i need 20 volunteers to take up maintenance for another house..or if you think you can take up more than one...

*targets self* /bad

I haven't placed my house yet =/

I will only be on for a little bit tommorow, enought to get my mount trained and run no ride to rorana to place my house. Sorry for being so slow but I refuse to walk that far with no scout skills. Also I am getting super close to mastering Fencer (only 900,288 exp to go).

~SK~

Archived