My Monkey Island Movie

Staredcraft

Is this a good cast list?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good cast list?

• Start casting now!
    • Need's a few alterations
    • Change it all!

Greetings all. I'm newly registered here but I am, in no way, new to Monkey Island. I LOVE THESE GAMES! Any way, I want to be a movie director/producer some day. If I could be the one to do a monkey island movie. Here's my cast list.

Okay, I'll change it

Guybrush - Heath Ledger

Elaine - Cameron Diaz (Don't know what I'm thinking, but I it's better than Milla)

LeChuck - Either CGI with same voice actor (or Tim Curry), or John Goodman

Voodoo Lady - Queen Latifah (I'm sorry, I just think she'd be perfect. I mean, she looks like her. I would have picked the Oracle, but she passed away)

Herman - Christopher Llyod

Stan - Jim Carry

Carla the sword master - Hallie Berry

Wally - Rick Moranis

Meathook - Arnold (although this would hold it off until after his term)

Otis - Mike Myers (I always saw Otis as a canadian in the first game. Don't know why, I just did.)

Largo - Verne Troyer (Mini-Me)

Murry - CGI with games voice

Granted that's a HUGE list of big name stars, but come on people, this is a game that deserves it.

This is actually something I've had on my mind for a while lately, at least since Pirates of the Caribbean came out. Was it only me who thought, "He's a cheap ripoff of LeChuck!" when Geoffry Rush's character appears in the big frilly hat and later reveals he's undead?

Anyhow, most or all of your casting call would probably need to be reworked. Jim Carrey could do a decent Stan, but I'm sure there are lesser-known actors who can talk fast and annoyingly (and for a smaller paycheck). That's really the problem with the rest of these actors - they're too expensive and most likely wouldn't do the roles justice. That's just my opinion though.

To make a successful movie of MI would require a cast that had played through at least the first game to get the feel, and they'd have to be given some leeway with the script (to improvise here and there).

Then again, perhaps the best way to pull off the film would be to make it animated.

Guybrush- If not me, then I dont know (Brendans too much of an action hero)

Elaine - Liz Hurley? Or the original pink power ranger!

LeChuck - That guy off Coronation Street - Fred Elliot or something?

Voodoo Lady - Oprah Winfrey (this is hard I wish I hadnt started now)

Herman - Guy who plays Gandalf. Ian something. He would be so great to watch doing the whole Herman thing.

Stan - Jim Carrey (He will probably be too lively, but I think he can pull it off)

Carla the sword master - A new person (I dont like Halle Berry)

Wally - Warwick Davis (that one whos done a million parts in Star Wars :ewok:,:jawa )

Meathook - Arnie could work. I would say Andre the Giant, but hes dead.

Otis - Johnny Depp? (If he can do the accent. Even then its iffy)

Largo - I dont know his name. Has anyone seen the Time Bandits? The leader.

Cannonball Head- Martin Lawrence

Lemonhead- I dont mean to be racist but I cant think of any well spoken black guys.

The other cannibal- Eddie Murphy/ Chris Tucker

Men of Low Moral Fibre- John Cleese, Michael Palin and Ricky Gervais

Sorry... Iv'e already baggsed the MI movie Director job. :p ...erm... not really. Any way your list sucked. Queen Latifa?

I think stars are the wrong isssue anyway. You don't want sterotyped actors... its bad for the movie. If/When I direct the movie I'd prefer relative unknowns. Any way, I'm sure Will Ferrel could do just as good a Stan as Jim Carrey.

I was originally opting for an animated movie but Iv'e come around to prefering a more realistic look... though I'd still want to retain the cartoon feel somehow (like the Grinch or something).

thats not a bad list actually, although definitely not Brendan Fraser as hes too "big" and not Milla

And i dont know how many MI fams could stand to watch a MI film with Queen Latifah in...

But Heath Ledger actually isnt a bad idea for Guybrush, but i think David Spade would have the better mix of stupidity and humour, or Dom would just be great.

Christopher Lloyd is a good idea but he wouldnt have been my first choice. Halle Berry would prolly fit in well as Carla.

But i wish everyone would stop casting Jim carrey as Stan. its the stupidest thing ever, i dont know why they decided to give him a jim carrey sounding voice (and sort of face too) in EMI but it ruined the character.

As well as Otis randomly having some crazy Hungarian (or whatever) accent.

Meh. I don't really like Cameron Diaz. She's too sweet. I agree that it would probably do better with a lot less "star power." New people, ya know? And while Jim Carry does look pretty much exactly like Stan, I don't think that would be necessary. Plus, having too many ego maniacs would drive the crew nuts. You don't want any boom mics "accidentally" hitting your actors' heads now, do you? Mike Myers doesn't like being touched. He might flip out and kill you all. Or maybe Tim Curry would accidentally misread Jim Carry on the schedule and come on the wrong day. Then he'd get mad at you even though it was his own fault and how the hell can you control how another person reads things. Then he'd tell you you can't talk to him light that, and you'd say the hell you can, you're the producer/director for heavens sake and what you say goes, so there. And he'd say well then, I'm leaving you shameless prick and then you'd apologize but he wouldn't accept without a pay raise and his name written on the schedule in bold. So you do that, but then Cameron Diaz comes up and says, hey if he gets his name in bold, I get my name in pink. And then Heath Ledger comes up and says, hey if she gets her name in pink and he gets his name in bold, I should get my name in wingdings. Then Rick Moranis will start complaining, because he wants his name in Japanese, too. And this is all because you wanted to cast so many "stars." I hope your pleased with yourself.

Wow, look at all the run on sentences

You want a comment on Will Ferrell? Here's one; he's one of the biggest no-talent hacks in the whole entire industry. He makes Keanu Reeves look like a master thespian. There hasn't been a single funny person on Saturday Night Live in the past decade alone, and before that they were few and far between. Everything Lorn Micheals has produced since Wayne's World wasn't worth the celuloid it was printed on. There are far too many talented and deserving people in this world who would die to have the same chance they waste on such worthless comedians such as your beloved Will Ferrell. The only thing Will Ferrell deserves to star in is a snuff film.

Who's beloved Will Ferrell? i never said anything about liking him.

Even though Will Ferrell is one of the funniest (american) comedians around...

but thats not the point, theres no need to just come here and put down other peoples opinions for absolutely no reason. like i said before, if u dont like it then piss off, or at least be a little more civilised in ur opinion

Will Ferrell appeared in the first 2 Austin Powers flicks and Jay and Silent Bob Strike back and is in a new film called Elf.

btw if the MI movie was directed by Mel Brooks it would mean he would have a part in it. I think he would do a good Fester Shinetop.

And if it was directed by Terry Gilliam, then one of the old Monty Python characters would appear in it. I think John Cleese could play one of the guys in the SCUMM bar (the nervous one who tells you all about LeChuck) because he looks like him.

Oh and I like Staredcraft' cast list.

I'm amazed that no-one has closed this thread.

Why?

When I firsted joined these forums, there was an MI movie thread going. People were even making sample posters and stuff. Normally, the mods are ticked when there are multiple threads about the same thing, but this is an entertaining topic...heck, Joshi even has a website about it! Plus it seems that there aren't as many of the same people hanging around now that discussed it earlier.

Archived