Home

Changes i'd like to see made.

raziel2003

Hey all, i just thought i'd jot down a few things, and see what u guy's thought about what changes u'd like made in JA.

First, i think the Yellow DFA (Butterfly, Overhead Swipe) was made to be as it was in JK2, because lets face it, its damn near useless now.

And then, theres the Saberstaff and Dual sabers, they are totally n00b weapons. A person needs zero skill to use these! Single saber people have two options, A) Get better with the single saber, or B) Die trying.

The Roll. Again, now i know i may sound like im ranting about it, but the damn roll needs to be put back as it was, it sucks to be trying to roll and failing, its caused many a'deaths in countless duels.

The sabers power. Its too damned high (i know it can be changed and customized by server owners) but damn man, 2 hits with red style (on FULL health) can kill you easily, this i frikkin hate. I prefer longer, more tactical duels, not BOOM dead!

And last, (Flame me if you wish, but) I miss the kicks, side kicks, and forward kicks. You can kick with staff, so why not with the others?!

Anyway, just thought i'd post a few of my opinions on the JA fighting style, what did raven do? descide to make it a n00b friendly game and put us regulars/pro's on the shelf? come on man, give me a break. I really enjoyed JK2, i had to learn, train, and improove my skill before i could own people, now n00bs join and can kill the most seasoned of JK pro's. I think that sucks!

Raz

I normally don't rant about saberstaff and dual sabers (even though they are cheap) because they can be beaten and sometimes are quite easy to dispose of with a single saber.

But speaking of the staff and dual being 'n00b friendly'...

I had two friends over the house on Friday and they decided to give JA a spin. I turned on ASE and joined some random FFA server for them to play on. It was full force FFA, with some 1st place guy named 'fifty' who would say: 'OWNED' whenever he got a kill.

Anyway, my friend Chris wanted to use the legendary lightstaff (and was doing horribly, i mean he couldn't pull off any combos, he was repeatidly hitting attack doing single strikes). Three guys with dual sabers charged at him and I watched in amusement and horror as Chris killed each and every one of them while laughing histerically as he ran around having no idea what he was doing. As the laughing subdued, the other friend, Chuck, said he'd try the Dual sabers. Chris and I watched as a similiar fate fell upon Chuck and I just stood there saying: 'n00b friendly......'

I've found that single saber owns any other in the hands of a skilled player. Two sabers can take down a staff user easily, and staff is just a general weapon, not that great unless you know how to use it.

I personally think that complaining about the game being 'noob-friendly' is more than a little lame. If you don't like playing against 'noobs', then start your own server with saber damage toned down and play with some friends.

So you all admit this game is noob friendly...finally.

Put a combo limit on staff and duel sabers to stop noob firendly button mash moves. Admittedly, it is easy to kill these button mashers, but when you're fighting and some guy (or two or three) runs behind you and starts mashing duel sabers and thinks he 'pwns' then I fail to see the point of the game.

But whatever I'm not bothered about them let the noobs keep them and think they own, raven should just fix the gameplay flaws that mean full force duelling is pointless (as anyone can drain back health far quicker than it can now be inflicted) aswell as an fc being unstoppable in ctf (as no kick = no way to stop someone).

'Fix' the gameplay?

I'm sorry, but isn't that what they did in the patch? Obviously, Raven did not see fit to 'fix' it. Therefore they must have meant for it to be that way.

some guy (or two or three) runs behind you and starts mashing duel sabers and thinks he 'pwns' then I fail to see the point of the game.
Then play on a duel server, and just pull a kata when the

'button-masher' gets close. The patch fixed the katas where they are actually useful now. Unless you hadn't noticed.

And let's not get into the JO kick thing.

As kurgan and others are keen to tell people, the patch made no gameplay changes. That doesn't mean raven wanted the game to be like this...JK2 had 3 patches.

And remeber this is a game, its not canon.

Who would you expect to win 2 sabers or 1

erm if your gonna be like that like 'teh movies' then sabers should all be one hit killers. This is a game, not the film so it should be balanced.

And as for the gameplay issues which make ff s/o duelling and ctf impossible to play, I doubt raven wanted that to happen.

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

I personally think that complaining about the game being 'noob-friendly' is more than a little lame. If you don't like playing against 'noobs', then start your own server with saber damage toned down and play with some friends.

First off, i play on my clans server most of the time. We kept (most of) the default settings because too many changes causes less people wanting to play. I only complain about the "n00b friendly"ness because it took me a long time to train with a single saber on jk2 to gain the skills i have now, without that training, on jk2, i would have been a sucky player, a n00b with no skill.

What i dont like, is people who come on the server, who have little more than a week's worth of playing, and owning my ass. That pisses me off because their attitude towards the game suddenly goes from "wow, im a n00b and need to train" to "wow, im a n00b and kicking ass, so all these guys must be n00bs also!"

To be perfectly honest with you, the community of jk2 was far better because u spent time with people more skilled than yourself, learning from them, getting tips from people better than yourself, on JA, this doesnt happen. The community is rampent with people who think they are better than you because they use the cheap way to win. All i ask for is the sabers to be more balenced, so that skill is needed to win with hard training as it was with jk2.

I just hope that the next patch sorts somthing out with this, because i find myself only duelling people with one saber because i dont like to fight people with no skill. A challenge is somthing a person with a single saber give you, if they are better than you. A pointless duel is some n00b with dual sabers/staff who thinks hes better than you. I enjoyed the equality with jk2, this game is biast towards n00bs, and thats all i have to say on that matter.

Raz

This is a game, not the film so it should be balanced.

If anything, single is the most powerful.

And as for the gameplay issues which make ff s/o duelling and ctf impossible to play

Perhaps for the way of playing that you're used to. The objective is to get the other team's flag, not kill their flag carrier. Go back to JO if you can't handle change.

Tell me, are you just continuing complaining for fun, or do you actually believe this?

Just wanna point out another thing, its not winning that bothers me, i dont care if i lose a dual. But i want to enjoy my duels. Being killed in three hits pisses me off, like i said before, i prefer longer, more tactical duels, with presision swings that require timing and accuracy, not just running in all guns blazing.

And to that note, i would like to add, not ALL staff players and dual saber users are n00bs, im just saying the majority use it because its easier to win with.

My pet hate is when the Saber goes right through someone without a scratch......I mean WTF???!!!....it's a LIGHT SABER, anyone touching a Light Saber would be burnt to some degree....I still can't believe this was overlooked by Raven, not only in the Original release but overlooked in the patch too.

Come on guys this is just not on, I can't be waisting my money on second rate games,

What I can't get my head around is that jk2 1.04 was almost perfect.........I would think JA would be at the very least the same if not an improvement......what have I paid for here??

I want my Saber to burn peps when it touches flesh, thats it!, not bothered about stuff we can fix when the code is out.......if ever

I bet your an avid FFA player who runs in and does a red overhead swing arnt you? Thats cheaper than the using the n00b sabers.
Actually, I use dual sabers. They look the coolest. And I don't play FFA much; Siege and Duel are my favorites. The tactic you mention is legal in FFAs, although I generally let my opponent see me before they die. :)

My pet hate is when the Saber goes right through someone without a scratch......I mean WTF???!!!....it's a LIGHT SABER, anyone touching a Light Saber would be burnt to some degree....I still can't believe this was overlooked by Raven, not only in the Original release but overlooked in the patch too.

I believe that's called lag.

Also Raziel, note that there is a Edit button at the bottom of your posts. Use it instead of multiple posts.

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Actually, I use dual sabers. They look the coolest. And I don't play FFA much; Siege and Duel are my favorites. The tactic you mention is legal in FFAs, although I generally let my opponent see me before they die. :)

Well i just hope that you have skill with those sabers, like i said, the majority dont

I believe that's called lag.

Actually, this happens on a number of occasions on servers with very low pings, and it happens to almost everybody.

Also Raziel, note that there is a Edit button at the bottom of your posts. Use it instead of multiple posts.

I would prefer it that you do not patronise me. I may have a low postcount on here, but this does not mean that i know not how to use a forum.

Look, im not expecting everyone to agree with me, but i sure as hell know that a lot of people do agree with me on these issues. I hope raven see's this and makes the nessesscary changes to bring enjoyment back into Jedi Acedemy, as we all know, its what the game was released for isnt it? to be enjoyed by n00bs and skilled JK players?

Raz

Originally posted by raziel2003

Well i just hope that you have skill with those sabers, like i said, the majority don't.

I like to think that I do. :D

Actually, this happens on a number of occasions on servers with very low pings, and it happens to almost everybody.

This happens very infrequently on my LAN, which led me to post that.

I would prefer it that you do not patronise me. I may have a low postcount on here, but this does not mean that i know not how to use a forum.

I didn't mean to sound patronizing; sorry.

To be enjoyed by n00bs and skilled JK players?
Undoubtably.

Samuel, plz stop this nonsence,

Off course I know the difference between LAG and a BUG, it was fine in JK2......my con hasn't changed, the servers I play on are in the same area......its the game trust an old player of JK games.

I think it was you who said "Tell me, are you just continuing complaining for fun, or do you actually believe this?" Aimed at Raz here,

Well I have a question for you, do you really believe what you're saying or are you just arguing for arguements sake?, because these bugs are real, like it or not, and unless you work for Raven why would you champion their corner when these bugs are so obvious?,

I believe some of the Raven employees read these boards, can they or will they comment?

Off course I know the difference between LAG and a BUG, it was fine in JK2......my con hasn't changed, the servers I play on are in the same area......its the game trust an old player of JK games.
I didn't say you didn't know the difference. I stated that I didn't experience the 'bug' as often on my LAN.

Well I have a question for you, do you really believe what you're saying or are you just arguing for arguements sake?
If I didn't believe it, I wouldn't have posted it. I'm not 'championing' Raven's cause. It just seems to me that some of the 'bugs' you are talking about can be easily overcome or ignored. I'm not saying that some of these aren't bad ideas (better YDFA, tightening the net code), but they apparently aren't a priority with Raven.
I believe some of the Raven employees read these boards, can they or will they comment?
They are sometimes here. Not very often though, and I doubt you will see a response from them.

Archived