Home

Changes i'd like to see made.

raziel2003

Samuel Dravis: From your posts, you're obviously a ****. No disrespect, but you haven't a clue about this game, or its technicalities.

Perhaps for the way of playing that you're used to. The objective is to get the other team's flag, not kill their flag carrier. Go back to JO if you can't handle change.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. Dont even speak of a game mode you obviously stand clueless about. I really think you're quite stupid. You get the other teams flag...then what...you have to kill their carrier you oaf. There no longer ANY WAY to stop someone...watch ya gonna do OMG OMG OMG Fine I think some things arer worse, but I at least think every gamemode raven put in the game should at least be playable. As theres no way to stop an fc (thats flag carrier for you), theres no way to kill him, meaning no way to win. OMG OMG OMG get away from here until you have the tiniest clue about ctf.

I believe that's called lag.

OMG OMG OMG You've embarassed yourself enough. Its a universal, well known bug. Again, either you're bordering on moronic or you simply have no clue regarding the technicalities of the gameplay.

Actually, I use dual sabers. They look the coolest.

Uhm speaks for itself. Maybe we can team up an do teh kool movie stuff cuz we wud b 1337 wif kool doolin stuff.

Raziel: You're right. If I had the time and effort I would say exactly what you said. And fyi samuel dravis, several raven employees visit these boards infrequently...you think I like hanging around people like you? Go learn the game and then, maybe then, what you say may be influential.

Once again, everyone is complainin about the staff and duals. Yeesh, i just came from 3 diff servers where in one there was no duals or staffs, because everyone was gettin owned by singles using them them. And the other two had single saber users at the top of both. Single isnt harder to get kills with, Assss loonnggg as your using heavy or the blue lunge. Yellow is pretty useless. Id like to see the yellow and blue stances get an overhaul so they can compete with the other stances and sabers.

Look, the bottom line is Jedi Outcast was a damn difficult game to "master".

And when I say master, I really mean it.

To hang with the Crème de la crème in that game, you had to work your ass off and earn it.

There was also the lack of a "great equalizer" for newer/less skilled players in 1.04, which I admit caused a lot of problems.

In 1.02 you had the DFA, 1.03 the BS, but in 1.04 there was no move newer/less skilled players could rely on for instant gratification so in turn, it made the distance between the skilled and not skilled very, very obvious.

Go mash buttons in Jedi Outcast, you look like an imbecile and you accomplish nothing.

Now, go mash buttons in Jedi Academy.... you get instant gratification because it "looks cool" and you can actually score kills.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, because I honestly do like the fact that "newbie’s" can score some kills now and not be totally shut out like they did in JK2.

That only led to frustration, which brought about all the "lamer/spammer/whore" nonsense.

But the problem a lot of these guys are having with this game is not due to the fact that newer players can now survive; it's the fact that those who do like to invest time "perfecting their game" are feeling short changed because there is no pay off.

Any gamer who has invested a serious amount of time in a game wants to see results from all of his dedication.

The problem we have with Academy, is there are simply too many random factors (hit detection involving Ghoul 2 being the most obvious) and not enough "meat on the bones".

What I meant by that last comment was, there is really nothing to "discover" or "develop" in Academy beyond the obvious.

In Outcast, combos were constantly being developed by good players because the game mechanics were for the most part, unrestricted.

But in Academy, you have so many nerfs and restrictions, not to mention the elimination of certain things that game play has been simplified to the point of "what you see is ALL that you get".

I mean really, what is there to master in Academy?

What difficult combos are there to practice?

Nadda.

Originally posted by cheeto101

Yellow is pretty useless.

As with JO, this IS and will probably always be, my main stance. Its not useless, i find that (to me) its more useful than any of the blue swings (apart from blue lunge) and more gratifying to win with than usign red stance.

Skilled single saber users on my server win matches consistently - at least one person I know in particular often wins by a ratio of two to one. On the rare occasion a talented single saber user doesn't win a match, it's usually because the server is filled with many inexperienced players who keep carelessly running into each other's saber "barrier" katas. Raven can't code out user stupidity.

No disrespect intended, but I'd suggest if you're constantly losing to staff and dual saber players, you simply aren't quite as skilled as you believe (or they're more talented than you're giving them credit for). For better or worse, Academy is a new game; you'll have to adapt some new techniques to succeed.

Originally posted by Jawa8578

Samuel Dravis: From your posts, you're obviously a ****.

...I really think you're quite stupid.

Again, either you're bordering on moronic or you simply have no clue regarding the technicalities of the gameplay.

Previously posted by Jawa8578 in another thread

...if you can't win an arguement, you evidentally resort to flaming.

Aren't we the diplomat? Jawa8578, just how many times must you be banned from these forums before you learn to conduct yourself in a relatively civil manner (or simply not return)?

Since you're such an authority, technical expert, and claim this "bug" was present in JK2 as well, why don't you point out a few specific problem lines from the Outcast code? Impress us with your infinite knowledge. Do something constructive instead of childish "OMG" rants or implying anyone who disagrees with you is a moron. Perhaps a generous modder will fix it for you once the SDK is released.

Thanks for putting it so well, Kaia. I actually know one guy (Sam Fisher aka Rahl)that routinely has a score of 10 wins to 0 losses, and he uses single saber, red stance. I don't do too well against him. :)

FYI, the Open Jedi Project is going to make the sabers have better collisions etc. Go to our forum (link in sig) for more info.

as i said before winning isnt what bothers me. I either win, or i lose. But it is the enjoymeny of the duel itself that i want. Having somone use red swings constantly, such as the extremly overpowered overhead swing (not the dfa) makes a duel boring, and tedious. I prefer longer duels, with more skill involved and less button bashing or use of the same swing over..and over.. and over.. and over..

Originally posted by raziel2003

...it is the enjoymeny of the duel itself that i want. Having somone use red swings constantly, such as the extremly overpowered overhead swing (not the dfa) makes a duel boring, and tedious. I prefer longer duels, with more skill involved and less button bashing or use of the same swing over..and over.. and over.. and over..

As posted on many other threads, the cvar g_saberDamageScale can be evoked to alter the amount of damage sabers inflict. Though personally I find prolonged duels with glorified whiffle bats excruciatingly boring, you could talk to the administrator of your favorite server and ask him/her to lower the current setting.

As for the skill and tendency of human opponents to use the same technique repeatedly, that my friend is the very nature of multiplayer gaming. It is what it is - to the best of my knowledge, there's nothing Raven can do about that.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

so, your saying the 2 handed saber is to strong? Think about it, who would you expect to win, a guy with 2 blades, or a guy with one?

Dooku handed Anakin his ass. And I think single saber is stouter than staff or dual. Not too stout, mind you. Just stouter. Just my two cents.

As with JO, JA is going to have to undergo a little evolution(through its patches) before things settle down. The one sad truth everybodies gonna have to face is you will NEVER find a game that realistically simulates lighsaber duels, or even sword fights. At least not while we're still using mouse and keyboard. As for the recent increase in amatuers who actually get some kills I say good for them. I bet after the 1.04 patch was out and everyone got good at JO starting out in the game and trying to get kills in multiplayer must have been incredibly hard. Even bot practice can only go so far to prepare you to face veteran opponents who've mastered all three stances. Now at least the new players won't be insanely frustrated and stop playing.

As with JO, JA is going to have to undergo a little evolution(through its patches) before things settle down. The one sad truth everybodies gonna have to face is you will NEVER find a game that realistically simulates lighsaber duels, or even sword fights. At least not while we're still using mouse and keyboard. As for the recent increase in amatuers who actually get some kills I say good for them. I bet after the 1.04 patch was out and everyone got good at JO starting out in the game and trying to get kills in multiplayer must have been incredibly hard. Even bot practice can only go so far to prepare you to face veteran opponents who've mastered all three stances. Now at least the new players won't be insanely frustrated and stop playing.

Archived