Home

Books

ptdc

Hey Yuf, are you part Irish by any chance? Because i remember you saying you're from Ireland, but moved from England, if my memory serves me correctly. As for me, I'm currently reading Pseudolus by Plautus. It's about a slave (the title's his name) who tries to get his master's girlfriend back from a pimp who's going to sell her off.

Yeah there's a new book, it's a little short but it has a map and things in it as well as hinting at further adventures :D

Funny you should say about reading on the bus, I was too late out of work to catch the early bus today so I went to the book shop. I got several of the books that have been mentioned here: 1984 and Master and Commander, I also got Catch 22 because it was the only other thing I could see in their 3 books for the price of 2 offer ;) I'm going to read 1984 first, I started to read it on the bus but it was too noisy. :\

That's the one with the Gonne right? Yeah, that was okay (i've been meaning to re-read that considering i can't remember the ending, but i'm sure it was good considering all the Watch books re good at the end when we find out who dunnit, why dunnit, where dunnit and whodjathink dunnit).

But Night watch is by far the best, especially if you've read all the watch books in order and you know the history of how the Watch house on Treacle Mine road got burned down and so on. oh, and AdisAbeba, Night Watch is now in Paperback by Corgi so you can now buy it cheaper, and i suggest you do, it's great. Then again, the Truth and the Fifth elephant is also great.

Archived