Home

The lowdown on Realistic Saber/Dismemberment Settings

razorace

Ok, let's clear things up once and for all.

=========

Singleplayer

=========

Apprenently the lastest patch (1.01) changed how SP handles realistic saber combat. g_saberrealisticcombat no longer exists and g_sabermorerealistic is now write protected (and not even accessable with cheat mode).

As such, you have three options on activating realistic saber combat / dismemberment. Both methods assume that you have model dismemberment turned on in your Setup->Options menu...

1. Use a modified menu to change the setting. I've personally done this change and will release it quickly if the demand is high. This is the easiest and quickest method.

2. Set the g_sabermorerealistic from the command line. Just add "+set g_sabermorerealistic number" to whatever method you use to start the game.

3. Add the g_sabermorerealistic setting (seta _sabermorerealistic number" to your autoexec.cfg. This will set the cvar whenever you start up the game.

g_sabermorerealistic Settings

----------------------------

0 = Off

1 = Boosted Damage

2 = Realistic Dismemberment

3 = Realistic Idle Damage

========

Multiplayer

========

Dismemberment for MP is easy but a two part issue.

1. Whoever is running the server must set g_dismember to a non-zero number.

This cvar is set on a 0-100 percentage scale......

0 = 0% chance of dismemberment

100% = 100% chance of dismemberment (when the conditions are correct)

2. Each client must set their cg_dismember setting to a non-zero number.

cg_dismember Settings

-------------------------

0 = Off

1 = Hand Dismemberment only?

2 = Arm/Hand Dismemberment only?

3 = Full dismemberment allowed.

That's all for know. I can write more about the individual methods if people request it. Sorry about any errors. It's bedtime and I'm tired.

** Finishes reading Razoraces Post -

Runs around the room screaming and pulling hair ! **

How did something so simple become so complicated....

Pre patch I had bound a key to g_saberrealisticcombat 2, and thats all i needed to keep me happy. post patch...... :(

Thanks for that though Razorace, definitely the lowdown !

MTFBWYA

*has since reinstalled JA sans patch, life is normal and good again*

How did something so simple become so complicated....

LoL... what's complicated is the 30 or so different versions of dismemberment that have been pasted across all the forums. It's enough to make one's head fall off...

But seriously, way to go Razorace! Excellent clarification.

Just to add... these cvars may by manually added directly into the jaconfig.cfg and jampconfig.cfg respectively as well. Works smooth as a stormtrooper's bottom...

Could this be stickied with large neon blinking letters... please?

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

1. Correct path is "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe"

2. Try set instead of seta, so entire shortcut is

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

wooohoo it worked! Thank You!

The difficulty in enabling full dismemberment probably has something to do with the family-friendly nature of the SW franchise image... ie: not wishing to make it super easy for little tykes to enable chopping up of body parts in a video game (but allowing smart mature gamers to pull it off if they want to).

At least they didn't remove them entirely...

Which suggestion did it?

The +set added to the command line of jasp.exe.

Are you sure that works? And without turning on cheat mode?

Though I haven't played SP since the patch was released, I've yet to come across a cvar that didn't work when added to the jaconfig.cfg file directly. Cheat codes have to be added to an autoexec.cfg after HelpUsObi 1... but write-protected cvars usually work when added to the cfg files directly without cheat mode enabled.

However, I have not personally tried the g_sabermorerealistic cvar in jaconfig.cfg since the patch was released; yet the fact it can work when added as a variable to the command line would lead me to believe it would still work the cfg-direct way as well.

Archived