Home

The lowdown on Realistic Saber/Dismemberment Settings

razorace

Just as a followup, I believe the "seta" command is only supposed to be used in the actual "official" config files, and all other custom cfg files, executable command lines, or ingame console entries should use the "set" command instead. At least that's how I understood it to be on past Q3 based games. Not 100% sure of this though.

I still can't get it to work.

1) I've tried typing it into the command line, and got the command overwritten by the default setting.

2) Renamed 'jaconfig.cfg' to 'autoexec.cfg', with the commands and values provided by other posters. I found out that a new 'jaconfig.cfg' was created, and every command was read from it instead.

However, I find what Akshara said interesting. I usually turn on cheat mode to check if the values have been registered (and also to change playermodels.)... so, I can't turn on cheat mode for it to work? Wouldn't that be to restrictive?

I'll try not turning on cheat mode and see if it works.

WJTW

Originally posted by Akshara

Just as a followup, I believe the "seta" command is only supposed to be used in the actual "official" config files, and all other custom cfg files, executable command lines, or ingame console entries should use the "set" command instead. At least that's how I understood it to be on past Q3 based games. Not 100% sure of this though.

Sometimes seta works in the console (/seta cg_dismember 2 being the most-used console command for Chop Shop clients), but most times it doesn't. Set in the console or command line, seta in config files.

set (variable) <value> Set a console variable (CVAR)

sets (variable) <value> Set a server information CVAR

seta (variable) <value> Set a CVAR with archive flaged

setu (variable) <value> Set a CVAR with userinfo flagged

Archived