Home

Dedicated server problem

BarmyBam

Like many guys that i have talked to, i can run a JK2 server and ppl can join, yet when i run a jka server, some ppl can join while others can't even see my server. I have downloaded the latest patch and so have they so why can they not join or even see my server?

I am on a home betwork, but tha never hindered anything before, plz help me! All ideas would be welocme

Thx

-BarmyBam-

give them your IP

you can get it at

http://www.whatismyip.com

and assuming you are using the default port of 29070

then in the console they should write

connect YOUR-IP:29070

they should be able to connect

you should all get all-seeing eye too

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye

they should be able to see your server their too.

yep, we have all been on the same server before (not mine though) so they must have the latest patch

EDIT: HOw can i tell what port i am using?

EDIT2: This is what the MP Console displayes when i run it.. so i take it i am using the 29070 port-

--- Common Initialization Complete ---

Winsock Initialized

Opening IP socket: localhost:29070

Hostname: luke

IP: 192.168.0.238

execing kazJA

execing jediMaps.cfg

------ Server Initialization ------

Originally posted by BarmyBam

yep, we have all been on the same server before (not mine though) so they must have the latest patch

EDIT: HOw can i tell what port i am using?

EDIT2: This is what the MP Console displayes when i run it.. so i take it i am using the 29070 port-

--- Common Initialization Complete ---

Winsock Initialized

Opening IP socket: localhost:29070

Hostname: luke

IP: 192.168.0.238

execing kazJA

execing jediMaps.cfg

------ Server Initialization ------

This is a common mistake. IP addresses in the 192.168.x.x range are for use on a local area network (LAN) only, and are not visible on The Internet As Bilbo suggested, go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ to determine your real IP address, then have your friends use that. Also try running your server "unpure" (sv_pure 0) and remove any third-party maps or skins from your GameData\Base folder until you get things sorted out.

I've done all of that. I have tried to connect to my own server using my Internet IP and even i get stuck at my awating connection screen :(

if my server seems to be regsitering with the main servers i.e:

Sending heartbeat to masterjk3.ravensoft.com

Sending heartbeat to clanservers.net

... why can't anyone conect?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PC-cillin is the antivirus....

i don't thiunk he use a router... i connect to his computer through a wireless network card.... his card conects into his pc through a USB port.... the broadband comes into his computer through the normal internet socket thingy in the back....

I think the only thing i need to be able to do is open 29070.... but i don't know how... Pc-cillin just doesn't let u do that (i don't think- though i have checked)

Originally posted by BarmyBam

I've done all of that. I have tried to connect to my own server using my Internet IP and even i get stuck at my awating connection screen :(

if my server seems to be regsitering with the main servers i.e:

... why can't anyone conect?

Mine also does this on my dedicated server. But the server still doesn't show up on the master internet server list... You can only connect to my server by me giving you my public ip address. I wish I knew why this is how it is. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120190

Archived