Home

Armed & Dangerous demo

Remi

Has anybody checked out the A&D demo on this month's official Xbox magazine? If not, do so. This is the most addictive, funny, pure fun game I've played in ages, reminiscent of those old Amiga games where gameplay and originality took the frontseat to flashy graphics. Not that the graphics are bad, but you kinda forget about it when you sit in a turret with hundreds (if not thousands) of enemies storming you base.

The two games I was going for the next few months were Broken Sword 3 and Deus Ex 2. Now it looks like DE2 will have to wait.

I thought it was great, but I'm still a little disappointed in the explosions. In a game that focuses on sheer firepower, I think the explosions should be a bit more than a puff of red. Still cool, but could use a little more, um....bang.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The PC demo is on the latest CD version of PC Gamer (and probably the DVD too, I'm not quite sure). It's fantastic! I thought the cut-scene was great (though the French-bashing annoyed/confused me). It's totally on my 'to get' list. Is it released yet? I couldn't find it in Game.

Archived