Home

Yay!! LOTR:TT extended arrived this morning!!

toms

By 4 disc LOTR: Two Towers extended edition just arrived this morning!. THe only problem was that I was going to watch FOTR before watching it, but now i can't decide whether to watch FOTR tonight and TT tomorrow, or just watch TT tonight. life is hard... :D :D :D :D :D

well, i gave into temptation and just went ahead and watched Two Towers last night.

Im a bit undecided. It was great, but i'm not sure that the extended version was as much of an improvement as it was for FOTR.

I liked almost all of the scenes that they added, but i just felt that they maybe added TOO MUCH and disrupted the pace of the movie a bit too much.

In FOTR i felt that the extended cut, despite being longer, actually felt slightly FASTER paced. However with this extened cut it definately felt slower.

I think it may be because the new scenes in this film seemed to be fewer, but longer (and more distinct), whereas the new scenes in FOTR were often just tiny extentions to existing scenes.

Many of the little scenes/extentions were nice, as they were often little snipets from the original books. Seeing more of gandalf's return, saruman&grima, and other things were great.

On the other hand I felt some of the longer, stand alone scenes shouldn't have been included, such as the bad soup scene, EVEN MORE arwen flashbacks and especially the whole theodin funeral, whcih seemed very clunkily edited in, and actually diminished the poignency of the grave scene afterwards.

Actually, there were a couple of places where the new editing seemed a little clunky, the first view of gollum's hand seemed esecially pointless.

However, even with a few minor reservations, it is still an awesome film, im just not sure it is a superior version like the FOTR extended cut was. however, it is worth getting simply for the additional Faromir/Boromir scenes which really help to flesh faramir out as a better character and for the completely redone ent attack AND the forest moving to helms deep, which was always one of my favorite bits in the book.

So, the ending is greatly improved, but a few of the new scenes at the start and the middle could have been left out.

Anyone who watches the films and never reads the book is missing out on A LOT. I prefer the books by far.

Yes I strongly agree with you. I started reading the books after I saw FOTR. The books were very detailed which answered lots of questions that i had after seeing FOTR as well as raising many more to think about. An excellent series LOTR.

Archived