Home

WTF is with "May the force be with you"??? And another thing...

Marker0077

Why do people say "May the force be with you"? I never got that. Was there ever a Jedi or Sith who didn't have the force with them? That's like saying "May you have good speech & grammer" I mean, they all have good speech & grammer & they will all have the force. Their going to not have the force about as much as they would bad grammer. I think everytime someone says "May the force be with you", everyone in that room should look at that person like their a dumbass.

And another thing, why are only Jedi & Sith's allowed to have lightsabers? Lightsabers would be very useful for people in the landscaping industries, think about it. Forget cleaning those hedgetrimmers or chainsaw, use your lightsaber ya freak. It's low maintenance & costs less than a penny per day. :-)

And another thing, these people have all this technology but there are a variety of things that we have that they don't like bullets. All these dumbass stormtroopers keep shooting these lasers at lightsabers & watch them bounce off the damn thing, then it hits the stormtrooper that fired them & everyone looks all surprised everytime like this is some new crap they just came up with. BUILD A GUN THAT SHOOTS BULLETS YA $*ING IDIOTS or something, they'd be better off going to the days of the indians & shooting at them with a bow & arrow than using those damn laser shootin guns.

Is anyone else following any of this or am I the only one that this makes sense too?

"May the Force be with you" is not referring to someone’s connection to the Force...it's referring to the force being on your side. (Remember all that Force will stuff?)

Lightsabers are somewhat hard to make, and are hard to use without killing yourself or chopping off an arm, or something. They are completely useless to most people. There actually are other energy tools and stuff that are basically energy blades (but not as "sharp" as a lightsaber).

The games have blaster bolts slowed way down from how fast they really go. They really go just as fast as projectiles, and a Jedi can detect things before they happen, anyway, so projectiles don't make it any easier to kill a Jedi. In fact, it would be harder, because you've got to worry about ammo, reloading and stuff, that you wouldn't with an energy weapon. There aren't that many Jedi (and they really don't go rampaging around killing a few hundred stormtroopers and Dark Jedi and stuff like in the games...), and since there isn't any way to train troops to fight against Jedi (fighting against Jedi requires incredible skill...like professional bounty hunters such as Jango and Boba Fett), troops are never trained to fight against Jedi. The troops can just fire at the Jedi or run in hopes that they can escape alive.

Originally posted by Gabrobot

"May the Force be with you" is not referring to someone’s connection to the Force...it's referring to the force being on your side. (Remember all that Force will stuff?)

Lightsabers are somewhat hard to make, and are hard to use without killing yourself or chopping off an arm, or something. They are completely useless to most people. There actually are other energy tools and stuff that are basically energy blades (but not as "sharp" as a lightsaber).

The games have blaster bolts slowed way down from how fast they really go. They really go just as fast as projectiles, and a Jedi can detect things before they happen, anyway, so projectiles don't make it any easier to kill a Jedi. In fact, it would be harder, because you've got to worry about ammo, reloading and stuff, that you wouldn't with an energy weapon. There aren't that many Jedi (and they really don't go rampaging around killing a few hundred stormtroopers and Dark Jedi and stuff like in the games...), and since there isn't any way to train troops to fight against Jedi (fighting against Jedi requires incredible skill...like professional bounty hunters such as Jango and Boba Fett), troops are never trained to fight against Jedi. The troops can just fire at the Jedi or run in hopes that they can escape alive.

no d00d obviously you shoot rockets @ the fagt jedi until he has no force to push them away, then shoot him some more

guns beat sabers

plus the hit detection is bogus

Originally posted by Marker0077

Why do people say "May the force be with you"? I never got that.

BUILD A GUN THAT SHOOTS BULLETS YA $*ING IDIOTS or something...

Is anyone else following any of this or am I the only one that this makes sense too?

Don't get your knickers in a knot Marker....

MTFBWYA, is more a reassuring phrase than a statement of literal fact. In ROTJ Admiral Ackbar says "may the force be with us" when they begin their attack on the second death star.... now im sure he wasnt specifically referring to the one jedi involved in the mission,

Its like :

"May God be with You"

"May good fortune smile on you today" etc etc

..and other such commonly used phrases of our day...

As for that rant about bullets.....

*energy weapons dont require bullets, hence from a cost point of view would be more advantageous...you wouldnt need to keep buying/producing bullets would you...(just something to recharge)

*Tusken raiders use projectile weapons. Remember in episode 1, them taking potshots at the pod racers....

*EU has bountiful examples of projectile weapons,,,, hey, look at DF/JO/JA, there's projectile weapons in that.....

Hit the showers, soldier

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by GreenSmoke

no d00d obviously you shoot rockets @ the fagt jedi until he has no force to push them away, then shoot him some more

guns beat sabers

plus the hit detection is bogus

I'm a little confused here...I thought I mentioned that the Star Wars games aren't an accurate representation of the Star Wars universe. Dude, I think you need to get those eyes of yours aligned... :p

and another thing about starwars, y doesnt the god guy take the bad guys sbare after he dies, and vice versa? y do they always talk after the swing at each other? y r there goodies and badies? y doesnt averyone have a sbre? y does yoda talk like an idiot? y didnt padame get her clothes riped off by the monsters? i dould go on forever.

Sorry, don't buy it. I know what you are talking about but don't buy it. The force doesn't look at Maul & Obi fighting & go "I say you win", you command the force & can listen to it as well. At least that's the impression I got.

Lightsabers are somewhat hard to make, and are hard to use without killing yourself or chopping off an arm, or something. They are completely useless to most people.

Oh ya that's right, because that was one of the things most people died from in the Dark Ages, cutting their arms off with their own swords. :-/

Again, don't buy it.

The games have blaster bolts slowed way down from how fast they really go. They really go just as fast as projectiles, and a Jedi can detect things before they happen, anyway, so projectiles don't make it any easier to kill a Jedi. In fact, it would be harder, because you've got to worry about ammo, reloading and stuff, that you wouldn't with an energy weapon.

A Jedi has only so much force they can use, you trap them in a room & shoot a bunch of bullets at them - they're screwed.

Bullets are a much better way to go, I don't care what the cost rate is, your cost rate is going to be much higher when everything you shoot at them comes bouncing back to you, destroying weapons, soldiers, & everything else in that direction - that wouldn't happen with bullets.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Don't get your knickers in a knot Marker....

I don't know what "knickers" are but I am pretty sure they are not in a knot. I was just making an observation - nothing more. I may have said things in a somewhat upset state but that was only to add to the comical atmosphere of it.

MTFBWYA, is more a reassuring phrase than a statement of literal fact. In ROTJ Admiral Ackbar says "may the force be with us" when they begin their attack on the second death star.... now im sure he wasnt specifically referring to the one jedi involved in the mission,

Its like :

"May God be with You"

"May good fortune smile on you today" etc etc

..and other such commonly used phrases of our day...

Well when you say it like that it makes a little more sense but still, the same thing applies to the other phrazes as well. I guess it is really for the religous type, now I'm no athiest but it still sounds somewhat stupid to say, however, if it makes some people feel better then more power to them I guess.

As for that rant about bullets.....

*energy weapons dont require bullets, hence from a cost point of view would be more advantageous...you wouldnt need to keep buying/producing bullets would you...(just something to recharge)

Same thing I told the other dude. The cost factor is way higher using those weapons against Jedi since they send everything your way that you send theirs.

*Tusken raiders use projectile weapons. Remember in episode 1, them taking potshots at the pod racers....

That's right, the Tusken Raiders DO use bullets. So basically, the dumbass's of the galaxy are using the smarter weapons. It would appear that God is not the only one with a sense of ironic humor of life but George Lucas as well. :-)

*EU has bountiful examples of projectile weapons,,,, hey, look at DF/JO/JA, there's projectile weapons in that.....

#1 EU?

#2 I wasn't talking about non-projectile weapons, I was talking about bullets.

Originally posted by SlapNut

i dould go on forever

Please don't. Ironically unlike you, we are talking about things that do not make sense in SW.

The bullets would be disintegrated upon impact of the saber. back. Also it's Star Wars, laser are much cooler than some hand gun. Without lasers, Star Wars has become... some other piece of crap.

"May the force be with you" is what everyone else said, a blessing.

A Jedi has only so much force they can use, you trap them in a room & shoot a bunch of bullets at them - they're screwed.

They could esily make an exit, or get in close with you and cut of your hands.

They say "May the Force be with you" not in the literal way, its like saying "May the Force aid you in your journeys". Get it? I'm tired, so don't push me if I don't make sense, I'll clear it up when I'm more alert.

And another thing, why are only Jedi & Sith's allowed to have lightsabers? Lightsabers would be very useful for people in the landscaping industries, think about it. Forget cleaning those hedgetrimmers or chainsaw, use your lightsaber ya freak. It's low maintenance & costs less than a penny per day. :-)

Seriously, have we ever seen a hedgetrimmer or a chainsaw in Star Wars even? Have we ever seen anything actually being built with chainsaws and tools of the trade? Not unless you count the games. I'm talking about the movies here.

And Lightsabers would be hard to handle without Jedi practice thats why only Jedi have Lightsabers(When saying Jedi, I mean Light Jedi and Dark Jedi alike). Trust me, I've compared swinging some moves using a sword and a PVC pipe 10 inches long, a sword is easier to handle as it has blade mass, you can sense where its going to hit, a PVC pipe 10 inches long, which subsitutes a ligtsabre hilt, is harder to control I find, and judging by where the ends hit by looking at where I swing, the ends usually end up pointing in my face; the end where the lightsaber blade is supposed to show up; and I do know how to sword fight a little, so don't say I'm inexperienced.

(I Hope you get my analogy)

And another thing, these people have all this technology but there are a variety of things that we have that they don't like bullets. All these dumbass stormtroopers keep shooting these lasers at lightsabers & watch them bounce off the damn thing, then it hits the stormtrooper that fired them & everyone looks all surprised everytime like this is some new crap they just came up with. BUILD A GUN THAT SHOOTS BULLETS YA $*ING IDIOTS or something, they'd be better off going to the days of the indians & shooting at them with a bow & arrow than using those damn laser shootin guns.

Good points there, I'm stumped.

:D

Oh, and a teeny little thing here.

and another thing about starwars, y doesnt the god guy take the bad guys sbare after he dies, and vice versa? y do they always talk after the swing at each other? y r there goodies and badies? y doesnt averyone have a sbre? y does yoda talk like an idiot? y didnt padame get her clothes riped off by the monsters? i dould go on forever.

You want to see hypocrisy? Check the bolded area. Yoda looks like an English genius in comparison.

Seriously, what the hell are Goodies and Badies? Last I heard Goodies are giveaways and stuff. Sbare, sbres, god guy, dude, use a spell checker unless you want to talk like a retarded person preceeding an IQ of 0 and a brain tumour in his head.

(I hope a spell checker is easy enough for you to comprehend, I don't know, I've never used one)

First off, why was this thread moved? It's not off topic to general discussion, this is on SW.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

The bullets would be disintegrated upon impact of the saber. back.

Ya some would but not all & it sure as hell is better than having your ammo thrown back at you.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

They could esily make an exit, or get in close with you and cut of your hands.

They only have so much force, if you give up before you start you'll never amount to anything. I say it can be done with a little common knowledge.
Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Why are we going to shoot Jedi in the first place?

Jedi or Sith, there's more Jedi than there is Sith so people usually say Jedi more than Sith.
Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Ah, yet another post by Marker, boy do I feel loved. ;)

ummmm, okay. :confused:
Originally posted by Celluzion

Seriously, have we ever seen a hedgetrimmer or a chainsaw in Star Wars even? Have we ever seen anything actually being built with chainsaws and tools of the trade? Not unless you count the games. I'm talking about the movies here.

Well it's not like that's going to be the highlight of any of the movies. For the most part, I think machines do that kind of work but the point was I am sure that there are some trades that a person can have in that whole SW scenario where a lightsaber would be useful, & of course I am not referring to Jedi/Sith.

And Lightsabers would be hard to handle without Jedi practice thats why only Jedi have Lightsabers(When saying Jedi, I mean Light Jedi and Dark Jedi alike). Trust me, I've compared swinging some moves using a sword and a PVC pipe 10 inches long, a sword is easier to handle as it has blade mass, you can sense where its going to hit, a PVC pipe 10 inches long, which subsitutes a ligtsabre hilt, is harder to control I find, and judging by where the ends hit by looking at where I swing, the ends usually end up pointing in my face; the end where the lightsaber blade is supposed to show up; and I do know how to sword fight a little, so don't say I'm inexperienced.

(I Hope you get my analogy)

Well first of all, there's no analogy there but ya I get what you're trying to say.

Secondly, if you hit yourself with your weapon (or woteva) then you are inexperienced. I have had little practice with a single sword, nunchaku, & a bo quite a few years ago. Very rarely did I ever hit myself. Now I don't mean any offense here but you can't call yourself experienced when you hit yourself with your own weapon, it just doesn't work like that.

There are a variety of different types of melee combatants like Ninja's & Knights who weild swords & sabers & whatnot & they don't hit themselves with their own weapon. With a laser sword you need to be more careful but you can still handle it just fine without any force powers.

You want to see hypocrisy? Check the bolded area. Yoda looks like an English genius in comparison.

LoL :D

Originally posted by Marker0077

First off, why was this thread moved? It's not off topic to general discussion, this is on SW.

The Jedi Academy forum is not a forum for general discussion about Star Wars. It's for discussion about that specific game. If you read the forum rules - and my 'where to post' thread - you would know this.

This thread has hardly any reference to the game, so it was moved to Yoda's Swamp. Nuff said. :cool:

Y'all remember that Han Solo used a saber to cut open a Taun Taun and he didn't cut his own face off did he? ; )

Though in ANH Infinities he takes out a Royal Guardsman with a stolen Saberstaff, so go figure!

Sure, a person could become a proficient fighter with a lightsaber without the Force, the trouble is they don't have Jedi like reflexes, so they'd get gunned down, rather than blocking every shot like they do in the movies. ; )

Blasters make sense from the standpoint of having more power to them to punch through armor and destroy rock like explosive charges (grenades), but against saber wielders with the force, yeah, they're not the best of weapons.

Though... in AOTC we saw that overwhelming firepower and numbers can kill even teams of Jedi. In that battle, the primary weapon used was a blaster...

Marker0077 -

*You should hardly be surprised that this thread got moved, I definitely havent learnt or heard opinions about gameplay in JA in this thread !

*knickers is an older *english* word for underwear. I live in Australia, and this is a phrase, mainly used by the older generations, meaning the equivalent of "dont get your balls in a twist..." or, "dont get too upset" :p

*EU = expanded universe. Includes books comics, even the games, expnading the "star wars" story beyond the films

KURGAN - why are you bringing sabers into *this thread*, havent you said enough in that "kyles saber color* thread :p and what the *HECK* are you doing reading infinities...first Highlander 4, now this !!!! Im a SW/EU freak, and I wont go near it with a 10ft saber(which i built myself)... as far as canon goes, well it is more of a bazooka, namely, not cannon at all.... :p

MTFBWYA

Does anybody remember Jedi Power Battles for the PS, lvl 5, tatooine, tusken raiders, they used bullets, I thought they were a pain in the behind.

Even if they could block the bullets, I'm sure some would get through, especially if there was more than one stormtrooper/merc/bounty hunter, what have you.

Suppose you could throw in a few stormies using shotguns, with alternating rounds of buckshot and slugs, that might throw them off a bit.

As far as weight balance goes thats irrelevent, the actors use hilts with like broomsticks on them for weight. Know where have I ever seen any mention that there is or is not some kind of counter weight deelybob in the hilt of the saber (I know mine would have one, I'm sure the technology is advanced enough in the SW galaxy to achieve this, imo)

If your stupid enough to hit yourself with your blade, then the fact is, you shouldn't be wielding it in the first place.

reading your silly little schoolboy rants is hilarious :)

the fact that you are fighting ideas and storylines and a fantastic galaxy that has been loved by ppl for like 25 yrs makes you the dumbest person I know, you're not going to change things, lol, lol, dadada, remember, this is a whole nother GALAZY, in a whole nother UNIVERSE, things simply arent the SAME, ppl in the Star Wars galaxy prolly invented more advanced, energy-based technology far before they invented projectile weaponry--the basis of this kind of fact streams from Benjamin Franklin's writings where God and science are parallels, and in order to better oneself in God's mind (or, in the thise case, the ways of the Force) one must outhink their oppressor, dadada, you know all that stupid ****. It's alot of theory, but remember, a different galaxy, a different timeline. They advanced faster than we did, but even if they advanced at the same rate, does that mean there would ever even be "countries" in the SW galaxy? probably not. I mean, where our planet has industrialized at different paces in different areas, their galaxy--due to better advancements in communications, weapons, transportation, and the like--has evolved just as our planet has. I mean, the Jedi and Jediisim's existence goes back at least a million years, and the Old Jedi Order went back nearly 25,000 years, but Tetan, Hapan, Tion, and Koornacht empires ruled the vast galaxy in between. The Republic was only formed like 30,000 years ago, and the Jedi Order, bestowed with the task of protecting the galaxy, prophetically expanded their Jediism and teachings of the Force. By the end of the Sith War, around 4000 BBY (before Battle of Yavin) the galaxy was ready to collude into a Republic. Then of course, around 50-18 bby, Palpatine and Vader annhilated most Jedi, but Pharka Hariss helped Yoda escape to Dagobah and in the process of covering Yoda's tracks, Hariss is killed by Vader, bla blah blah, blah blah blah, but Yoda, Obi-Wan, Alleon Cennor, and numerous other Jedi who escaped the Purge go on to preserve that whole "peace, love, daddadadaada thing that Jedi got going on. It's all part of the universe, dont try to fight it. you'll lose :p

marker i like laughing at you. keep writing lol:biggs:

Archived