Home

JA nf and ff Duel Ladders

PG|Prometheus

Nope, Most of the competitive players were too used to jk2 to actually change to a different game. Unadaptability, mate.

Don’t be to sure about that.

Most of us did not move on because JA because it is so simple and nerfed that it bores us to death.

As for adapting.. Well, don't take this as an insult because it is not, but a vet JK2 player would violate any of you from here to china and back if you ever went head to head with one.

I can personally attest to this because quite frankly, I've logged all of maybe 10 hours max in Jedi Academy, and to be honest, pubbing in Academy is not different than what it was in Outcast.

I encounter scores an scores of player who simply don't know the finer points of game play mechanics beyond the typical game manual fodder like "Absorb will counter Dark side powers".

The truth is, so much of JA is pure text book JK2 that the bottom line is, although a lot of things were nerfed to the point of just being a laughing stock, the majority of content beyond the new Kata moves and the roll stabs (I'm talking about forming a tactical strategy) remains best done by those who mastered it in Outcast.

Doubt that?

Watch this:

http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~ahhjelt/apvsSiN.dm_25

Why is this demo important you ask?

It simply shows how those don't just know the game, but know the game will always prevail.

(btw this was a ladder match from twl, and one of the players, pyro is a jk2 vet that has played jk2 almost as little as I have.

The other team? That's the leader and one of the top guys from the largest most active clan in Jedi Academy. Note I did not say the best... the demo proves all that I just stated about old school players handing people their rumps with as much ease as they did in Outcast)

Notice how one team chains team energize, long range pull+throws and almost never gets in harms way of a flailing saber?

That's not on accident amigo.

;)

Yes the game is very random. This nonsense about 'skill' prevailing, is just that, nonsense. I mean naturally, if the skill gap is too big,the better player will win, but as soon as you get players who are as good as each other (as you do on ladders), skill isn't the decisive factor. Randomosity is. Duels can be won or lost on a whim.

But as soon as the devs patch, or if necessary a mod has to do it for them, we hope to use it.

As for JA vs JK2. Well unfortunately, Raven made drain so powerful (whilst removing high damge combos) that ff duels verses two good players are impossible to win. If one guy is low, he can drain whore health back, whilst the other guy cant do any attack whatsoever. All the special moves don't have a long enough range (so the guy can just back pedal and drain). This is providing that you even have enough force to do a special move (due to the guy draining your force).

This means as soon as someone is low, they can drain everything back without the worry that a long range attack or whatever can kill them.

I hope JA can be fixed so that real competetive matches can be restored.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

Don’t be to sure about that.

Most of us did not move on because JA because it is so simple and nerfed that it bores us to death.

As for adapting.. Well, don't take this as an insult because it is not, but a vet JK2 player would violate any of you from here to china and back if you ever went head to head with one.

I can personally attest to this because quite frankly, I've logged all of maybe 10 hours max in Jedi Academy, and to be honest, pubbing in Academy is not different than what it was in Outcast.

I encounter scores an scores of player who simply don't know the finer points of game play mechanics beyond the typical game manual fodder like "Absorb will counter Dark side powers".

The truth is, so much of JA is pure text book JK2 that the bottom line is, although a lot of things were nerfed to the point of just being a laughing stock, the majority of content beyond the new Kata moves and the roll stabs (I'm talking about forming a tactical strategy) remains best done by those who mastered it in Outcast.

Doubt that?

Watch this:

http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~ahhjelt/apvsSiN.dm_25

Why is this demo important you ask?

It simply shows how those don't just know the game, but know the game will always prevail.

(btw this was a ladder match from twl, and one of the players, pyro is a jk2 vet that has played jk2 almost as little as I have.

The other team? That's the leader and one of the top guys from the largest most active clan in Jedi Academy. Note I did not say the best... the demo proves all that I just stated about old school players handing people their rumps with as much ease as they did in Outcast)

Notice how one team chains team energize, long range pull+throws and almost never gets in harms way of a flailing saber?

That's not on accident amigo.

;)

I am a Jk2 vet (used to play the game since it was released and all) and I surely mastered the game. I wasn't a little 'OMG I WANNA B DARK SIDE AND GRIP EVERY1' type of guy, I quickly learned about the Absorb and all that.

I used to own in JA until I stopped playing it (not any fun anymore, the maps kind of bore me out to death, JK2 had such good custom maps). And I know what us jk2 vets do, Unnamed. It's just alot of red stance side swinging. It sure does not fit in duels, as I kept slashing this guy, he never even died. I myself did lose alot of damage for a little slash though.

Anyway what I'm saying is that being a 'JK2 Vet' is like taking JK2 into JA, just run around red stance side swinging, while laughing at the dual saberists and staffists calling them ''hack slash spam noobs'' or giving the dual sabers the nick name ''noob sticks''.

I only use single saber when I really want to kill somebody, but I always use the staff or dual sabers because I find them more fun.

Whats up with this jk2 is better than jk3 **** dont you guys relize that jk3 is a new game! It will be just as good and better than jk2 soon. The upcoming holidays will boost the players allot, and more maps will come out and I know some people that will be making mods including me when the sdk comes out.

The reality of it is, that jk2 players still like jk2 and are waiting for Christmas to come(like me)..

I map I mod I dont really care about skinning and I am pretty good... no really good so I am a "vet" too.

From a mapping and modding point of view there is ALLOT I MEAN ALLOT more things you can do.

And just wait a fiew months and it will be just as popular as jk2 was...

BTW there are half as manny people and servers as there used to be and most servers are not off because they have allready paid for them so it looks to me like its jk3 or nothing pretty soon..

LOTS OF PEOPLE WILL COME!!! :)

As for the ladder I think thats a great idea, but I hate the sceduels and crap........

Please dont talk **** about jk3 your not helping....

Oh yea, I hope there wont be sico admin mods, admins abuse the powers to much, most servers in jk2 are full of power hungry ass hole admins, its hard to find a good FFA and CTF server these days.....

Its a shame that ladders are pretty much dead for nf dueling! I remember in dark forces 2 that EVERYONE was on cases ladder for nf duels, there was about ...500 people on the ladder, lol! And now look! All these new generations duelers, ladders fizzled out with Jedi Outcast and with JA! Servers run their gay stats crap, and list the stats on their sites, like darkstats, and such! The thing is half the people are cheating by getting their scores! Some examples would be finding a stats server when nobody is on it, and having a friend let you kill him over and over while they change their name often! Or changing your name before you die! LOL, these are really qay, and I have owned the people listed in the top 10 on darkstats servers! So its all BS! We need a huge tournament for JA, to prove who is the the real top dawg in nf duelz! That is the only way to prove skill! Plus on darkstats and such you can change your name to someone elses and lose with it, and mess their stats all up! Give me a break , there is people that are like 300 and 10 or some crap like that,you lose more matches in 300 duels due to glitch hits that 10! ROFL Oh wait this one is funny he is 328 and 0 http://www.darkstats.com/viewplayer.asp?id=52836&server=0 look at the names of the people he has killed! He killed some dude 209 times lol, whatever, how about his own name listed in his kill list! Well I am done bringing down server stats like darkstats! L8r yall

Thats a very real problem and is the downfall of stats servers.

However, our ladders work off a win basis, where matches are planned. Most matches are specced by an admin, aswell as ip checks being run to stop smurfing/multi's.

We plan to make our ff ladders run xmod2 as compulsory (meaning kicking is allowed) aswell as a new ff s/o ctf ladder running xmod2 coming soon.

Plus on battelstats and such you can change your name to someone elses and lose with it, and mess their stats all up

That's BS, my friend. When someone participates in a match it sends out an e-mail to all the competitors and if they haven't participated in the match then you dispute it and the imposter gets banned and the match doesn't count. Not only that but you arrange matches on an irc channel... your ip address is usually logged so if it's an imposter, they'll find out.

We plan to make our ff ladders run xmod2 as compulsory (meaning kicking is allowed) aswell as a new ff s/o ctf ladder running xmod2 coming soon.

Sounds great, I'll be joining :) Too bad i suck at ctf :p

Well I know responding to this is a bit petty but you said Plus as if you were going on to another similar subject :p

Anyway, not that many use Darkstats, I've beaten some of the top players on that list, they obviously just play a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little rant. DUEL MODE SUCKS! Whats it at half damage, I'd have an easier time killing someone with a 2x4. Give us some TFFA ladders for some team play, enough of this 1vs1 DUEL MODE BROKEN CRAP! Lets take it to FFA mode where the damage is almost correct aside from these lame new sabers that just kill at random.

End Rant.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived