Home

What are the coolest in-game worlds you’ve ever seen?

nycgamer

All the planets in Star Wars game (if planets are featured) ;)

Mafia- City of Lost Heaven and the countryside around it

GTA: Vice City - Vice City (but of course)

The Sims (all expansions except makin' magic)- Simworld (I actually like this game!)

Deus Ex- Alot of interesting locations here

System Shock 2- Except for the last 2 levels this game has some very detailed and scary levels

Baldur's Gate II- This whole game was composed of beautifull (sp?) or cool enviroments

cant forget MoHAA :) it had some awsome maps ( sniper mission, submerine)

but the best is Return to castle wolfenstien ! :D :D THAT is obviously THE best ever! lets see you go to Norway, a german town , probrably everywere in Europe! awsome gameplay, and you go into a crypt full of undead :D

and soldier of fortune was great too. Brazil, ( i think) NY, all over the world

Crono Trigger - cool anime world with lots of atmosphere

Terminator Future Shock - no game has had better wartorn buildings

Thief Series - Love the whole dark steampunk setting

Interstate 76 - cool alternate 70s setting, makes a change from all the bladerunner settings.

ocarina of Time - awesome living world.

My favorite game world of all time is Ando Prime, from Episode I: Racer. A nice, ice-covered mountain terrain, complete with high mountain village bestrewn with colorful native prayer flags. You can hear Tibetan-type chanting when you go through the village. How marvelous. :)

Unfortunately, I'm there to max out the engines of my pod racer on a race track rather than go sight seeing. :D And the ice only makes me go faster...

Originally posted by DarkLord60

Heh Duke Nukem 3D was sweet!

it was a milestone.. (a sweet one) :)

i liked the fbi headquarters ..

Originally posted by toms

Interstate 76

i knew i had forgot something..

i forgot something more..

syndicate

another world

flashback

Another world and Syndicate were awesome, dripping with atmosphere.

shame syndicate wars ruined the whole feel.

I loved the feel of the world in Daggerfall, the way the seasons changed, and the buildigns changed in style as you changed area.

Also, Redguard did a great job of making a real feeling island community. must go back and finish that game, wonder if i kept my save games...

Originally posted by Herminator_64

yes, I cant seem to find any decent swimming levels anywhere. Majoras mask did improve the tecnquie(sp?), but sadly, it was not a pleasant experience.

Swimming in Mario 64 was fun. I loved that one level where you could change the water levels. It had those floating spider guys, too. And I think the 3rd level was that cove place with the pirate ship. And to make it even better you could get that turtle shell and swim like mad!:D

DARKLIGHTER, you must've missed by post(and my avatar...) !! I cant wait to play FFX-2 and FFXI, let alone FFXII.....

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

So many wonderful game worlds...

However, I have to admit, the games with the most amazing, in depth worlds are the various installments of the final fantasy series. Each has a unique "world map" which you get to traverse all over through the course of any game... My fave, is Final Fantasy 9, very old world and fairy tale like in its presentation and locales....

I am just playing through max payne 2, and that level in the 'address unknown' theme park is absolutely freaky......

MTFBWYA

Archived