Home

*Has a heart attack*

Kjølen

Ok, I know this is gonna get closed with answers, just cause its a coverup consiracy, but I come to these forums, and K-jo'round is closed, I die inside. I DIE inside.

I want reasons! LucasForums almost had the WORLD record in the bag! But it was runed cause it annoyed a few members?

C'mon this is our chance for fame!

I want at least a PM from WHOM closed it and a reason WHY it was closed. K-jo'Round was the biggest thing I was recognized for. I was proud to know that MY thread (It says Lynk's, but that was a forum error that switched things around) is one of the most popular in the WORLD. Otherwise I hardly get any sign that I'm even NOTICED on these forums anymore.

i closed it because it was past any possible usefulness. end of story.

if you define yourself by a thread on an internet message board, then that is just pathetic. to me, someone that starts the same thread in different forums is just a spammer. Try to make yourself well known by posting quality insiteful posts, not by seeing how many you can put in a thread. Again, quality, not quantity.

Lucasforums is already famous enough, we don't need the help of a thread that had reduced itself to blather.

and think about it for two seconds, smart guy... Who closed the new thread? Me. Wouldn't it make sense for me to close the other thread that was just like the new one?

Er yeah, I would prefer you close the second one. However, These 3000 posts have gone by without much though about the NUMBER, and have you read all 3000, Ike? How do you know they arent quality?

Also, K-jo'Round only exists in RogueSquadron right now for all I know. Sure I post it in somewhere OTHER than LucasForums, so thats alright.

And It seems you've gone so far into your Administrating job you've forgotten that the forums are for everyones, members mods, admins, enjoyment to chat.

Obviously, people have enjoyed K-jo'Round. Now I'm not the type to pick fights, and I dont mean to, and I am not right now.

*Edit* You know what, I am SO not in the mood for this right now, so go ahead and close this keep K-jo'Round closed and pretend this never happened. -_-;;; I dont care anymore, old ends spawn new beginnings

Kjolen, I want you to sit and think real hard about how often i edit any post or close any threads or ban any users. Think REAL hard. I don't do it often. the thread has over 4000 responses and I didn't say anything. Now when I see a second thread start that had nothing but total useless posts, it makes me want to take a look at the original. What I found was not different from the second one, even if there were some "quality" posts in it earlier.

If you're getting this upset about a GAME thread, you need to take a good hard look at your posting habits.

When i close a thread, the people who look bad are the ones who made it closable. whether it is the originator or not may vary. By complaining like this, you're making yourself look bad. The thread has become unstable and is way past any usefulness. let it go.

Originally posted by Ikhnaton let it go.

Originally posted by Kjølen

I dont care anymore, old ends spawn new beginnings

I have. Infact I'm not mad anymore. I was just being a silly schoolgirl.

*Hugs Ike* I love you.

:)

See? I'm all better! Everyone deserves to be childish sometime.

Originally posted by Ikhnaton

Kjolen

*Poke* and that's Kjølen, you. :p;)

Originally posted by Shivermetimbers

I love K-jo. Worry not, you have at least one huge fan.

YAY! *Huggles*

Sigh, I finnaly think about returning to LF and when I get here the first thing that I see is that K-jo round has been closed.. lot's of warm and fuzzy memories there. However, after seeing the quality of the posts near the end and in the new thread, I have to agree that it is starting to get quite.... spamish and that it might not be the best thing to leave it opem with <i>that</i> kind of posting going on.

Welcome back, EH ^^

K-Jo, I know you had an attachment to your namesake thread, but...I dunno, I can't really comment, since I hadn't really looked at it in a while ^^;;

edit: FYI Zoomie, it wasn't the thread length causing problems, it was the forums. I ran into the same things in the JKII RP forums where people post all the time, but thread length is generally short ^_~

ok..

zoom created a second k'jo round.

then came lynk and said closed.

then came some people saying close the old use the new.

my question would be..

if its so useless.. why is it closed right now and not already after it reached 50 pages??

this is not fair.. or .. ok it's fair but not following any logic.

Well, on my computer it was the only thread that was messing up. I thought the excessive length was to blame... *(Shrugs.)*

All this trouble because I started 'K-Jo Round Two?' :max: Eep. Next time I think of starting a new thread for a game, I think I won't bother...

For the record, Kjølen, I thought your game was a lot of fun. ;) Hence my attempt to keep it going when I thought it was getting server munched. We had a really long, involved theological discussion over at the old JK.Net once that got so long it started quirking up, then finally crashed altogether. :D Very sad.

*(Gets up on a soap box and addresses Aresen.)*

Ladies and gentlemen, AI programs and unreal entities all...of late we've been getting some hands-on guidance from the administration concerning the matter of Spam. Now...I realize that I'm probably the last member who has a moral basis to preach on the matter of spammish discussion. In my case, it's because when I do discuss serious matters which interest me, I either confuse or bore everyone...so I go with the sillier stuff, and just try to make it funny enough that it goes over. However, there is a bigger picture to see here, which has nothing to do with my particular posting style, but rather that of the entire forum.

Aresen has a reputation for spam in the other LF forums. :rolleyes: Yes, I know--hard to believe, but it's true. I've seen it myself throughout Lucasforums for a while now, and there are some who think our little community is a waste of time and bandwidth. What we call fun and hijinks, and appreciate for its sense of abandon...does not sit well with everyone.

It's even gotten too far out for me. In this thread, a newer member created a new thread by hitting the wrong button on his web page...and within twelve hours and forty-two minutes, thirty-six posts of utter nonsense had been posted. What Ike said when he closed that thread wasn't grumpy, in my opinion--I agreed with it. :dozey:

Anyway. :max: Let's continue to have fun, gang, and let our *warm and fuzzy* memories continue. But let's also try to keep things a little more on-topic. It's okay to make the outrageously inane comment #1,456 about panties, but also try to steer back to the subject of the topic at hand--you can say more than one thing in a post, you know.

'K-Jo'Round?' For the reasons I went into above (I believe) it got axed. If we're reeeeaally really good for awhile, and spam not overmuch a whit...maybe Ike could be piteously begged to allow us to have another one. :dozey: Some day. Or when Hell freezes over. No promises.

*(Gets off soap box. Brushes off rotten garbage.)*

:max: Carry on.

word..

but what do we call the music thread then?

and k'jo round had a spammy character everyone knows that. but .. :rolleyes: it is only ONE thread. and there was no hijacking or off-topic flavor.. it was just a game.. . ????

no.. wait.. i wont say anything more..

*rushes off to the "happy birthday tm" thread*

Usually I like your long strange "le resistance" posts Zoomie. But in this case a game thread that was VERY old needed to end.

It was fun, but now it's time to move on, it started as a game thread and died as TWO spam threads. It's no big loss, we're Areseners remember we can still have fun in a lot of other threads. But the funny thing is, notice that a lot of the people posting in Kjo round don't even post regularly in Aresen, they just come in for the game thread, post and get the hell outta there.

It may have started out with good intent and it was fun for about the first couple of pages, but you know as well as I do how fast fun turns into spam.

Come on people buck up.

Don't look at it as a thread dying and being eliminated, think of it as a thread living a long and sucessful life, although it didn't end too smoothly. It was fun while it lasted and let's leave it at that.

And god, I can't believe I read Zoom's whole speech, that's a first for me reading anything that long on Aresen.

I have noticed some worthless stuff popping up on here myself, I was somewhat mad to hear about the threads demise, but realize it was relatively pointless to have anyways. Still fun though.

But let's look at the real problem here...The Swampies!!

Get them!

....what? Don't give me that look, you were all thinking it....what?

Originally posted by RayJones

but what do we call the music thread then?

Posting to the music thread is also a quick and simple way to build up your post-count, quickly.

But I have often used it to check out what some of my online friends are listening to and check out some of the music that people I respect are recommending.

On the other hand,.. I think the music thread can serve as a vital insight into forum user's minds and backgrounds... more so than thier online persona often gives away.

Personally, I believe you can tell a lot about a person's personality and state of mind by the music they choose to listen to. Someone's CD collection can tell you more about them then they will often let on.

i despise game threads. to me it is just a cheap way to up that oh-so-important post count. If I recall, Radio Free Saturn at least was a kind of creative outlet (even though some of the posts were rather weird to me).

If you want to have a game thread, make it at least interesting so that the person uses their mind. Make it a trivia thread, or a creative writing thread.... something other than blather. I'm even hesitant to mention trivia thread because it will undoubtedly become questions about what color Pinkywing's undies are and stupid **** like that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're not a bad bunch and you're easy to moderate. Having fun here is important, but I really really really hate the amount of crap that is posted here. I don't say anything most of the time because it would be like trying to plow the sea, but I do want to stress the importance of quality posting. Let's be a beacon to the other forums on LFN. Let them look to us as a model of quality posting.

Ahh. I'm reminded what boredom it takes for me to post excessively in the sort of way. I guess I'll have to save more of that crap for my retarded blog. You know why? Because blogs are totally lame. I mean, what do you think of when you say "blog?" Is it a person blowing his nose with a frog? Yeah! Me too!

So what I'm trying to say is, I'll do my best to cut down on the completely OT, short, useless posts. Or even the long useless ones. I need some new hobbies anyway. What with all the spare time I used to waste hanging around here, I could write a book. Or repaint the stripe in the road. Or pet kittens. Or e-mail Tim Schafer. Or even become a person of intelligence and value. Yeah, that's it. I will become respected the world over for being intelligent and valuable.

When I have thought of something wise to say, I'll say it, and you can all be amazed.

Damn. This was about K-Jo'Round. Well. I don't really have much to say about that, except that there's one that fell asleep in the Special Non-Post-Counting Games Forum over at the MI Discussion. You can wake it up and let loose your bottled K-Jo'Round lust guilt-free...because it doesn't add anything to your post count!

*walks out, with quiet dignity*

Archived