Jump to content

Home

Should Shadows Of The Empire be made into a movie?


Pie™
 Share

Should Shadows Of The Empire be a movie?  

29 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Shadows Of The Empire be a movie?

    • Hell yes!
      9
    • No, it would just ruin it...
      11
    • WTF is shadows of the empire???
      0
    • YODA!!!
      9


Recommended Posts

I've read the book and the cartoons, and played the game, and i've concluded that The Shadows Of The Empire could be a really goodconcept for a movie!

I'd love to see Prince Xizor(sp?) and Dash Rendar on the big screen!

The only things i worry about would be the quality (IMO) of the last movies, and some of the actors (luke, leia, etc) beeing a bit too old.

They might use some other actors, but it would take some of the magic away...

And, i have NOT heard ANY sorts of rumour that it's gonna become a movie, i just thought of it, so don't get your hopes up, cuz it's probably NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

just wanted to know what ya' people think of the idea :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i beat the demo... i want the game, i dont care how old it is.

 

It looked great, but lucas wont allow it to be a movie, because its EU.

 

I really hope they dont try and make any new movies with luke, han, and leia in them, because (like you said) the original acters would be too old, and any new acters just couldnt do the job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I vote that no star wars book EVER be made into a movie. EVER. Once you start down that path there will be no end. And the name of Star Wars will be synonymous with CRAP.

 

it's already close to that anyways. I mean, I love the prequels, but a LOT of people hate them. And so the more star wars movies that are made, the less and less respect it will get. Plus, any book-to-movie translations are almost guaranteed to disappoint, and then you'll be mad, becaue they ruined the book and blah blah blah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I vote that no star wars book EVER be made into a movie. EVER. Once you start down that path there will be no end. And the name of Star Wars will be synonymous with CRAP.

 

it's already close to that anyways. I mean, I love the prequels, but a LOT of people hate them. And so the more star wars movies that are made, the less and less respect it will get. Plus, any book-to-movie translations are almost guaranteed to disappoint, and then you'll be mad, becaue they ruined the book and blah blah blah.

 

I agree with you on some points but, if my memory is correct, wasn't the original trilogy a book/script before it was the movie we have all come to love ;), and besides it wsa changed Alot so If you just switch a few things that entailed to the book and the game I bet it would work out for all of us. But really the only reason I would like it is to see Boba in his true form and also to see who they would cast as Dash :eek:.

 

and oh, MMMPIE, where's the "HA HA HA peanut butter" option for the poll??? You always must have that option *burns that saying in MMPIE's head with hypnopaedia*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I vote yoda because I rented the book from my library, but I was too young for it, I may read it now though, once I'm done with LotR, and I have played a little bit of the game, but have never beaten it. Maybe I should play that too.

*goes into contemplative state*

Napalm is natures toothpaste :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Though having a SOTE movie sounds good, I don't think they could pull it off. After all, Dash Rendar is nothing more than a substitute Han Solo. Having such a similar character probably wouldn't fly for many moviegoers.

 

Moreover, I don't think people would understand Black Sun. They work for the Empire, yet Xisor is plotting against it? Whatever happened to Darth Vader being Palpatine's only right-hand man? How would they handle Xisor's pheremones? It would be a bit provocative to put it in a PG (you know it would be PG) rated movie.

 

I do have to admit, though, they could do a spectacular job with the Skyhook battle. I've always liked the idea of a three-way battle.

 

In the end, though, the movie would probably fall flat by and large. Don't get me wrong, I like SOTE, but it's probably best to keep it in EU multimedia. It doesn't quite have that "feel" that the movies have.

 

Besides, Dash Rendar is in the special edition of A New Hope. Look for the Outrider flying away in the distance in one of the new Mos Eisley shots. That was Dash Rendar's claim to fame on the silver screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

Though having a SOTE movie sounds good, I don't think they could pull it off. After all, Dash Rendar is nothing more than a substitute Han Solo. Having such a similar character probably wouldn't fly for many moviegoers.

Agreed.

 

Moreover, I don't think people would understand Black Sun. They work for the Empire, yet Xisor is plotting against it? [/b]
He was actually just pltting against Vader. He was using the Empire, and needed it, for the construction contract at Endor.
Whatever happened to Darth Vader being Palpatine's only right-hand man? [/b]
See above. He was trying to humiliate, destroy, and replace Vader.
How would they handle Xisor's pheremones? It would be a bit provocative to put it in a PG (you know it would be PG) rated movie. [/b]
Agreed.

 

I do have to admit, though, they could do a spectacular job with the Skyhook battle. I've always liked the idea of a three-way battle.[/b]
Agreed.

 

In the end, though, the movie would probably fall flat by and large. Don't get me wrong, I like SOTE, but it's probably best to keep it in EU multimedia. It doesn't quite have that "feel" that the movies have..[/b]
Once again, I agree. SOTE didn't have that sucky "feel" that the movies have. Boy those movies suck. GO EU!!!!

 

Besides, Dash Rendar is in the special edition of A New Hope. Look for the Outrider flying away in the distance in one of the new Mos Eisley shots. That was Dash Rendar's claim to fame on the silver screen. [/b]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont think a movie would do it just. One thing about it is they wouldnt be able to get all the actors that played in the classic trilogy to look right for the movie. They would have to find look alikes in order to do it and that would take alot of time and effert to do so. They could do that for Episodes 7,8, and 9 because they can set the time line 20 some years after Ep 6. What would be good for SOTE is if they do a cartoon event like Clone Wars and make it longer like 30 mins an episode for a month. That way they can get all the details in that series and wouldnt have to cut stuff if they did a movie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Zappa_0

I dont think a movie would do it just. One thing about it is they wouldnt be able to get all the actors that played in the classic trilogy to look right for the movie. They would have to find look alikes in order to do it and that would take alot of time and effert to do so. They could do that for Episodes 7,8, and 9 because they can set the time line 20 some years after Ep 6. What would be good for SOTE is if they do a cartoon event like Clone Wars and make it longer like 30 mins an episode for a month. That way they can get all the details in that series and wouldnt have to cut stuff if they did a movie.

 

yes, thats a great idea! it should have the same "design" as cone wars, but maybe some other drawers. I wasnt entierly(sp?) happey about how f. ex. Tyrannus and Obi-wan looked like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Zappa_0

I dont think a movie would do it just. One thing about it is they wouldnt be able to get all the actors that played in the classic trilogy to look right for the movie. They would have to find look alikes in order to do it and that would take alot of time and effert to do so. They could do that for Episodes 7,8, and 9 because they can set the time line 20 some years after Ep 6. What would be good for SOTE is if they do a cartoon event like Clone Wars and make it longer like 30 mins an episode for a month. That way they can get all the details in that series and wouldnt have to cut stuff if they did a movie.

 

yes, thats a great idea! it should have the same "design" as cone wars, but maybe some other drawers. I wasnt entierly(sp?) happy about how f. ex. Tyrannus and Obi-wan looked like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...