Home

Should Shadows Of The Empire be made into a movie?

Pie™

Should Shadows Of The Empire be a movie?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should Shadows Of The Empire be a movie?

• Hell yes!
    • No, it would just ruin it...
    • WTF is shadows of the empire???
    • YODA!!!

Shadows of the Empire, as I heard one person put it, is "The most ambitious Star Wars movie never made," alluding to the fact that it's been practically everything except a stand-alone movie.

SOTE has been in novel form, comic book form, toy form, and video/computer game form. They even wrote a musical score. As mentioned earlier, the Outrider can even be seen in the special edition of ANH. It still has a devoted fan base. The recently released "Dash Rendar Resurgence" custom SP level for Jedi Outcast (which is excellent, btw) is a tribute to its popularity.

I think a Clone Wars-esque cartoon could work, but everything would count on how it's delivered to the audience. If done right, it could work. If not, it would be a colossal flop.

As far as a full-length movie, it wouldn't fly. (see my previous post)

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I don't care how many people I'd have to destroy and crush to keep it from being made.

What that guy said.

:indif:

Originally posted by DarkLord60

I am so sorry I didn't see that post Jesus c'mon

Of course you saw that post. You quoted it in your own post. I was just making a jest about how your post was merely re-stating what he said. A joke man, stop taking everything everyone says on these boards so seriously or you're going to be angry alot. There are several of us who are gifted with sarcasm ;)

there would be no point...it doesnt follow the original trilogy from the same point of view and since it starts out at the begening of empire...people will get confused because its not a sequel to empire...its merely empire from a different point of view...so imo no. never.

its not even a matter of if they can get actors but who cares george would computer generate everything anyways:rolleyes:

I dont even see whats so great about it either...perhaps because its been made into video games.

So, it's closing in on a tie!

whowould belive that! I did :p

I really like the idea of making it into a clone-wars-like cartoon, but the episodes have to be a bit longer...

btw, i havnt been on the forums the last days since my cable is f*cked up, and this is the first time ive gotten the entire way to the swamp :mad: , but that probably means it is becoming better :D

i like it, and in most other franchise contexts i would like to see it as a movie. However, in the starwars context you have to take into account that it happens at the same time as films made 30 years ago.

Also, movie wise, i think they have to be very careful not to devalue SW any more (ep1 did that enough) and not crank out a lot of "ok" or "not bad" stuff. Everything they do as SW movies has to be great, or it devalues the whole lot.

just look at how most of the EU books and games have devalued SW in the eyes of gamers.

Maybe as a feature length cartoon or CGi TV movie it would be cool, along the lines of the batman movie. But it in't going to happen.

Archived