Home

*Our* First Impressions

txa1265

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RPG's have this paced quality that makes time drift by ...

... I'm nearly 24 hours into it ... loving it more all the time. I've gone the Scoundrel / Consular route.

Oh, thought of another thing - I hear about people finishing the game in ~35 hours. How and why? To me the fun in an RPG is taking my time, learning the terrain, getting the infamous sand between my toes, learning everyone's story ... maybe that's why I'm 24 hours into it and still have a *long* way to go ...

Mike

Originally posted by isaacson1000

As I have examined my problems more, it only appears to happen in the various apartment complexes and when I move in or out of an apartment. It doesn't happen in other circular areas such as one of the cantinas. Anyone have any suggestions how to correct this problem?

It sounds like you have the known issue of problems with using a motherboard with an Intel i845 or i850 chipset.

This will cause sudden freezes and then the character will suddenly move very quickly to another part of the map. You might also see a large framerate drop during battles. This usually happens in certain sections of the game, such as the Taris appartment complexes.

Like I say this is a known issue and is being worked on for a patch. Currently, there are two ways around this. First is to disable sound in the configuration tool. A better solution is to get the patch beta from Bioware. You can read more about it at this link. When the full patch comes out you will have to remove this patch before applying the new one. That is easy though.

I had the same problem and this fixed it for me. Hope that helps :)

Thank you for your reply :) Actually, after visiting here a few days ago, I found the official tech support web site and found the beta patch. Fortunately, it fixed all of my problems: I had the i845 chipset The game is awesome.. I had to work a lot until today so I'm only 8 or 9 hours into the game, but I'm loving it :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

i already got the game for the xbox and have finished it several times but.....call me mad, im considering getting it for the pc too, i dont have a load of money but i absolutely loved the game and i like playing games on my pc....

Its not uncommon to finish the game in 35 or so hours and its at moderate pace, i finished it in around 40, its not "that" big, but the qualitys there and it was big enough for me!:D

IMHO, this is quite simply the best use of the Star Wars license since the original trilogy. I was blown away. The attention to detail is extraordinary and the story is rich and mature.

I'm very very impressed. KotOR has seriously raised my expectations for all future gaming experiences. It's just that well made.

My only complaint: I WANT MORE! :D

PS: Tip for those just starting out... pick soldier at the start and don't level up past level 2 till you get to Dantooine... a level 18 Jedi Guardian kicks some major ass! :)

Hi! I cant wait to play the game it sounds awesome but i still have to wait almost a MONTH!!!(christmas) ive bought it though so i know im gonna play it sooner or later. I was wondering though do you have full control of ur character while on the ebon hawk???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Nichpo

Hi! I cant wait to play the game it sounds awesome but i still have to wait almost a MONTH!!!(christmas) ive bought it though so i know im gonna play it sooner or later. I was wondering though do you have full control of ur character while on the ebon hawk???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes.

Originally posted by Prime

I lurk around there from time to time. IIRC, I've seen txa1265 post there occasionally.

Yes ... I have been spending quite a bit of time there - between NWN, the SoU expansion, the upcoming Hordes of the UnderDark expansion, Baldur's Gate 2 ... and of course KotOR, I spend more time there than at LucasForums now ...

Mike

So this is where all you chaps have been !

Yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on it either. Early december release here in Australia.. I'm a big NWN fan, so being a SW fan as well.... I JUST CANT WAIT !!! :D

Great to hear it runs smoothly on mid end systems.... Hopefully I will get it going at 1280x1024 or 1600x1200(?if available) like I do with NWN, with my GeForce5600Fx

MTFBWYA

Hmm, sounds like a plan.

I know that none of the stores in Aalborg have it, well maybe Læsehesten does, but I'm too lazy to check. Maybe I should do that sometime this week. Too bad that my dad already ordered it :(.

Anyways I have waited this long, so why shouldnt I be able to wait the last few days?

-Clemme

Well, in Electric City it was sold out, and they didn't tell me if they were getting more copies of it anytime soon... EbGames in Fisketorvet gets it on Friday (the 5th), so right after school, I'm going out there again to get this baby!!!:)

Well, I'm sorry for anyone who has not yet been able to get this game, but let me assure you - it *is* worth it! I'm 40+ hours into it, and it is clearly the best game I've ever played - and this is the first time in the 20 or so years since I got addicted to Castle Wolfenstein on the Apple ][+ that a RPG (or any non-FPSish game) hasn't been my fave, so that's saying something.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Well, I'm sorry for anyone who has not yet been able to get this game, but let me assure you - it *is* worth it! I'm 40+ hours into it, and it is clearly the best game I've ever played - and this is the first time in the 20 or so years since I got addicted to Castle Wolfenstein on the Apple ][+ that a RPG (or any non-FPSish game) hasn't been my fave, so that's saying something.

Mike

wow Mike, thats a pretty big wrap... with the likes of yourself and PRIME giving it the thumbs up, it makes the wait all the more tantalising....

I cant wait to play KOTOR, as I mentioned in a JA forum thread

I Love SW

I Love RPG(console/pc that is, not the dice stuff!)

I Like the way BioWare does RPG

KOTOR seems to bringing all these elements together, sounds like a winner to me already !!!

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

If the people making KotOR 2 mutilate it, I'm going to be very mad indeed. And it is the best use of the Star Wars license I've seen.

Have anyone looked at the Bioware forums? Almost every other one is "I LOVE THIS GAME!", and "IT ROXXORZ!" etc. Bioware has made me a very happy gamer. :D

Somehow i don't think there will be a kotor2....its rare that sequels are made to star wars game and if they are, its simply because of the internet gaming. I have jk2, and i want jka just cuz the first one had good internet. But kotor has no internet, and it will begin to get boring to the people who play it a lot. SO when 2 comes out, they will be sicks of SP RPGs and won't buy it. But that just my opinion ;) ;) ;)

Archived