Home

Laming - the real laming

WadeV1589

I shudder at the word "lamer". Oh and the title refers to the fact that from my POV the people who use the word lamer are the true lamers.

Every time I ask for a definition...it changes. So when someone calls me a lamer I go and kill them straight away, I frankly toss server rules out of the window once someone uses that word.

You know why?

You're a lamer 9/10 for merely killing a server admin,

You're a lamer very frequently if you kill someone who's just about to get into a vehicle, even if it's with a saber, the fact is they didn't take off so you have to be a lamer.

You're a lamer if you shoot someone then they drop their saber, you have no control because you're mid swing but people still call you it.

You're a lamer if you kill someone chatting even if the rules say that's fine.

You're a lamer if you kill quickly, yes I've got that, because I was on a killing spree I became a lamer.

You're a lamer if you don't do as your told EXACTLY on a map by an admin. I was on BDE or BOE tonight and it was "do NOT go in the throne room (SG4RealJA) or you'll be kicked by 2 of the clan people". It was a FFA server with 1/2 of the people wanting to play but because the admin was in the game everyone had to pay full attention. Hell he even expected us to give up weapons to him!

You're a lamer on your own server that clearly states "anything goes" if other people don't agree.

And finally, and most importantly, you're always a lamer, no matter how hard you try not to be because everyone has their own definition and in the end it nearly always boils down to "You're a lamer because you killed me".

Why is it this first person shooter, Quake 3 based game has boiled down to a place where you daren't simply play in a server anymore for fear of getting kicked? Why is it the majority of players now enjoy moaning about every aspect of the game meaning you face being kicked for merely lifting a gun?

I understand some things are just not nice like when you're chatting and someone kills you even though you have the chat box, but it's got to a point now where you're a lamer on every server you go to just because you want to play and no-one seems to give a $%@* anymore.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would'nt it be beutiful if there was some kind of server mod that listenend to what ppl were saying, and every time someone said the "L" word they would automatically get kicked?

I hate whiners also, and I've never played any other game that had so many of them. I love this game, last year I actually quit playing JO for about 6 months because of all the "server trolls" and "poor sports". It really is an incredible phenomenon, the sheer amount of crybabies that populate this game.

As of now I really only play at one server all the time. You really can't go "pubbing" in this game, because everywhere you go is hostile territory. Find one good server and stick to it, I always play at HuntingWabbits.com there is a very minimal amount of that crap going on, if an "honor n00b" joins the server they usually leave very quickly, everyone just plays, once in a while you will even get a "GF" or a "N1".

I wish some ppl would learn that a FFA is not a chat room either, lol.

Whenever I put my server up ("WadeV1589 FFA/CTF/SIEGE server") .... where I actually play FFA pretty much the entire time it has just one rule and it's the motd:"Only rule: the words n00b/lame are banned!". If anyone uses either word more than twice I kick them, admittedly never ban as I am one of those who live in hope people will realise I'm serious and just lay off. Some people actually came to my server and after I warned them left because they were so insistant calling people lamers was an integral part of the game!

You're right too, the whiners outweight most other games, Elite Force (also by Raven) has it's fair share of whiners, always has, but that doesn't begin to compare to what JA and JO has.

I bought this game for 2 reasons, the main one was to mod for it (I love modding) and secondly was the fact I enjoy running around like a manic mad man with a saber in my hand slashing people left right and centre; so why do I get the feeling I'm in the minority and the majority do infact want, if not need, the word lamer to survive?

As for chat killing, if I get killed chatting, I slap myself for standing in such a stupid place to say my piece :D It's my own fault if I get chat killed and refuse to lower myself to the level of blaming it on someone else. I may not like it when I'm actually trying to say something good like "remove that bloody matrix map from base as it screws up the water texture!" but still I don't run around crying lamer and trying to callvote kick people or abusing admin power!

WadeV1589 wrote:

Whenever I put my server up ("WadeV1589 FFA/CTF/SIEGE server") .... where I actually play FFA pretty much the entire time it has just one rule and it's the motd:"Only rule: the words n00b/lame are banned!". If anyone uses either word more than twice I kick them,

Your'e my hero:D, honestly. I wish there were more admins like you out there.

Originally posted by WadeV1589

Only rule: the words n00b/lame are banned!". If anyone uses either word more than twice I kick them, admittedly never ban as I am one of those who live in hope people will realise I'm serious and just lay off.

well i'd ban some of those schmucks who keep coming back and saying stuff like omg n00b, you know. but if i had the choice, I would make a mod that would kick anybody who uses the word n00b (expect me of course ;) ) or lamer and then, to add insult to injury, they would get a message from JA that said "Suck my junk you n00b lamer ub3r h4x0r cheating whining crybaby dike!" but then maybe nobody would play on my server... boo hooo lol

You'd be surprised how many regulars you get if you take the "only rule is there is no rules" approach, if you get rid of the stupid attitude a lot of servers have about this so called laming you will get a very good server.

I don't run my server often, just some nights for a few hours and every time I get some of the same people who come and just play, never complaining. In fact one guy who I'll shame by naming :p Konsaras plays every time it is up without fail and the worst I've ever got from him is :-{ after being unexpectedly blow up from behind in a ship. He's one of the few who you want to get on servers with you, you know you won't get crap from him.

Yes Konsaras, if you read this I'm thanking you for being a great player on my server! :D

On and when the source code comes out, expect a mod from me that kicks the second you use the word lamer. I really really really really .... 5 hours later... really really hate that word. And I had someone who I kicked for ignoring "the one rule" (shameless LotR pun going on there) who tried for 10 mins to come back and insult me...he didn't get banned but that's just my way of saying I know how it feels and it is a total pain.

If you read the older threads in this forum you will find that this is a timeless topic.

There are basically three types of players in this game:

1. Those who follow what they consider to be an "honor code" that restricts how, when, and where you can fight other players and imposes a set of rituals (bow before duels, etc). Servers populated by these players are full of cries of "lamer!", "stop laming me!", "don't attack with chatbox up or saber off you f**king noob", etc., and are frequently run by arrogant, arbitrary, aloof, abusive "admins" (how's that for alliteration!) who must constantly warn, punish, slap, judge, kick, etc. because of real or imagined violations of the "honor code". Suprisingly little fighting takes place on these servers (and yes, I have seen them with my own eyes) because everyone is afraid of accidentally "laming" someone or even being accused of "laming", or offending the "admin" (or heaven forbid, killing the "admin"), with the resultant verbal abuse from the "lamed" player and possible punishment by an "admin".

Think of "Lord of the Flies" with lightsabers.

These players assume that their "honor code" is or should be universal, and feel the need to wander the server galaxy like missionaries, spreading their "religion".

2. The other type of player are those who enjoy the freedom of frantic kill-or-be-killed fighting, without any of the anxiety, worries, or concerns mentioned above. Because there are few rules and no such thing as "laming" on servers frequented by these players, "admins" are superfluous or absent, and when present are as likely to be killed as anyone else (in fact in my experience are often specifically targeted for death).

These players know the horrible truth of what happens to those who are "chatkilled" or "lamed": they can click their mouse once and respawn 1 second later with 125 health, 25 shields, and a lightsaber (or two) in their hands. The horror, the unspeakable horror! No wonder "honor" players hate to be "lamed"!

Rather than evangelizing like "honor" players, these players usually avoid "honor" servers as they would leper colonies.

3. The largest group are the "newbies", usually younger players who perhaps have never played online before. They don't know how to behave and are anxious to fit in, so they are very susceptible to peer pressure. Guess which of the first two groups is most likely to take over the minds of these impressionable youngsters, the "honor" devils with their elaborate rituals, rules, and regulations (and not to mention their intimidation, browbeating, and punishments for non-believers), or those wild and crazy, undisciplined, chaotic, bloodthirsty, laughing, fun-loving, hacking, shooting, killing free-for-all players. Sadly, in Jedi games unlike most other online games, it is the first group.

If you belong to the second group, the few, the happy, happy few, you must simply avoid "honor" servers and players like the plague, and smite them on sight like verminous cockroaches when they inevitably invade the few, proud, remaining pure free-for-all servers (you can identify the honor invaders by their distinctive call: imagine the sound of a sheep bleating "l-a-a-a-mer! l-a-a-a-mer!" over and over again). Only then will you truly have fun (the whole purpose of the game).

Like Rebels fighting the oppressive, evil "honor" Empire, the true free-for-all players are an outnumbered but tough, hardy, and resourceful bunch of freedom fighters who will never be eliminated.

Here are some servers where these noble warriors may be found:

KaiaSowapit's Server 66.98.177.21

Kurgan's Meatgrinder 65.101.86.162

HuntingWabbits.com 216.40.246.58

+/<aoticz(LamersWelcome) 64.246.59.197

Sith Academy-(SL) 69.28.240.32

(oE) The Obsidian Empire

(pending update to 1.0.1.1)

and as Yoda would say "...there is another" (*cough* look at my sig *cough*):amidala:

This goes out to WadeV1589, and anyone else who thinks along the same lines.

Say what you will but this all boils down to one fact, whoever pays for the server has the right to have whatever rules he/she sees fit enforced.

If that means your going to get kicked for going into a certain room then that’s that.

Personally I think that killing someone who is unarmed is unfair, all games have rules, all sports, why? so that everyone has a fair shot at winning.

I will not play on servers that allow saber down kills and chat kills. There are many servers with many different rules. Why play on ones with rules if they upset you so?

The Saber Code of Conduct is widely used because the majority of JK players like fair fights. If that isn't your thing then find servers that do not enforce the code, of which there are plenty.

If you are sick of being called a Lamer, don't break server rules. If you like to run around killing anything with a pulse play on company servers that has no admins or rules.

Fact is the JK community is made up mostly of Clans and most Clans use FFA servers with Dueling in mind.

This is not wrong, just because Raven didn't see fit to let more than two peps duel on FFA games doesn't mean Clans want to use Duel servers and sit in spec all day long.

The Saber Code of Conduct helps to maintain a friendly, respectful attitude on FFA servers were peps want to Duel each other in a fair and skillful way.

There is nothing wrong with this, as there is nothing wrong with your wish to "go crazy" but believe me when I say you will be happier playing on servers with no rules than trying to convert skillful players to your way of thinking.

On the fact that peps call you lame for a host of reasons, that will never change, no matter how well you follow the rules or not, some player somewhere will call you lame at one point or another. But any good admin can tell the difference.

My two cents.

The way I look at it, it's pretty simple. There are really MANY kinds of servers, but only about four different kinds of players, and two types of admins.

Player types:

1. The lamer: Total jerk, goes into a server for the purpose of bugging the players and admins. Disrespects all server rules, loves to use profanity to express his feelings, and when kicked, moves on to a different server to harass.

2. The whiner: Does nothing but complain about how someone else fights. OMG you kata whore!!!1 KICK THE F***ING LAMER!!!!11

3. The "smart" lamer: Stays in the few servers that permit all-out-war, with no rules. Never strays into servers with honor codes.

4. The friendly guy: Adapts to each individual server and their rules. Never uses profanity to express his/her opinions about another player.

Admin types:

1. Power abuser: Most likely a 9-12 year old, who just loves practicing their admin skills on helpless clients.

2. Strict but fair: VEEEEERY hard to come by these days. Tries to deal with rule-breakers without torturing them. Won't get mad if you kill them.

If you are player type number 1, get a life!

If you are player type number 2, get a life!

If you are player type number 3, you are wise. You play your way without being accused of laming.

If you are player type number 4, I respect you, more people should be like you.

If you are admin type number 1, grow up!

If you are admin type number 2, you make Jedi Academy fun.

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

Player types:

1. The lamer: Total jerk, goes into a server for the purpose of bugging the players and admins. Disrespects all server rules, loves to use profanity to express his feelings, and when kicked, moves on to a different server to harass.

those guys rule.

Hmm.... well I think I would only define someone as a "lamer" is if they were causing another player unprovoked misery. I don't mean chatkilling, or attacking saber down or any of that nonsense. Stuff like racist remarks, belittling others because of lesser skill, overly condescending attitude, etc., things that are generally frowned upon in our modern day society. With the exception of trash talk between friends or clan mates or whatever.

Most of the people I've met online are no. 4. The very few that are #1 are either kicked outright if the server's admin is on or if the server allows voting. If neither of these options are available, most of the time they leave if you don't respond to their actions.

I play on the BWN duel servers mostly, and while I like to let my opponent get into position before I fight them, I don't object if they try to kill me as fast as possible.

I think, however, that absolutely NO profanity is needed in any online game. That is just a definite sign of total immaturity.

What servers allow laming and stuff? I've seen alot of wild servers since I've started playing JA, the JK2 community is much more uptight about it. Some of the mods are such ***holes is you just run into them by accident with your saber they boot you before you have a chance to say sorry, but JA is alot more cool about stuff like that. I'm not sure where this kind of stuff is and isn't allowed though.

I hate the players that say lame comments like that too..

I really hate the guys who say "Owned" or some lame assed crap after every kill, its so imature like saying "na na na I killed you...." Only a child would do that ..I hope

I get kicked from servers from fighting admins too I even on a server had a admin kick me for using red stance....lol

If you cant see that red swing coming i mean come on.....

I think most players need to remember its a game and to be considerate and not be a wimp that hides behind a computer..if playing sports if you mouthed off like that you d get a good beating or no one would want you to play with them.....

a poor sport is a poor sport...

kendo is good..

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

those guys rule.

Unnamed, are you being *sarcastic* ???

I personally, dont know much about this topic, and was enjoying reading these points of view, well thought out responses offering facts and opinions....

Fair enough, in most of your posts youve expressed some strong opinions, and theyre sometimes great to read because posters get to hear all sides of the story from different players...

One thing I can say is, ever since being on the forums, I'm not too hot on MP(Im mainly an SP player).... I would prefer to spend what precious little spare time I have doin something fun.....

As for the topic...been a great read :p

MTFBWYA

yes and no.

I do like to stir things up, and I prefer an "R rated" atmosphere if you catch my drift, but like he said:

Originally posted by Khier Serakk

Hmm.... well I think I would only define someone as a "lamer" is if they were causing another player unprovoked misery. I don't mean chatkilling, or attacking saber down or any of that nonsense. Stuff like racist remarks, belittling others because of lesser skill, overly condescending attitude, etc., things that are generally frowned upon in our modern day society. With the exception of trash talk between friends or clan mates or whatever.

there are things that are just plain uncool and I don't promote.

There have been lamers all throughout FPS history and there likely always will be, sadly.

As long as there are sore losers and people who take the game too seriously (ie: they just want to "look cool" rather than actually play, accepting defeat or victory gracefully like a "player" would)...

In my experience I've met "lamers" (those crying foul all the time) in all of the online games I've played for any length of time really except for UT (the original).

Though on occasion I've gotta admit, we sometimes call each other lamers on my server for laughs.. we know it's a joke, and we aren't seriously. If anybody ever doubts it, watch the number of times I've "lamed" people and laughed, or been lamed and the same thing happens. Nobody gets kicked for "laming" (however you might define it).

I've kicked people for lagging (excessively) and a very few (countable on one hand) for excessive whining. Though usually by the time I get around to typing their name in the clientkick line they've already disconnected. ; )

Regarding the whole "FFA is not a chat room" thing, you know, I've played a few FPS online. Several, in fact. Most notably, the entire Delta Force series, the BF1942 series, including the DC mod, and my biggest gripe about JO and JA, is that you can even see when someone is typing. That isn't present in any other online FPS I've ever played. And why should it be? Why should anyone care that you're typing? I know I don't. Try typing on a HUGE DF map, standing out in the open. I garauntee if someone doesn't put a .50 cal bullet through your humungous skull, someone else will plant a knife in your ass. Nobody will even know you're typing. What's more, is that no matter the ammount of laxative given, nobody will give two $#!+$, except you. But if you want to look retarded, go ahead and tell everyone how it wasn't fair that you had your ass handed to you because you were busy typing and calling someone a cheater, bitching about lag, etc... Same with BF1942. Same with EVERYTHING but JO and JA!!!

Besides, if you're typing in a ffa in the first place, what are you saying that's so important? "OMG! CapN's a lamer!". Or maybe "pwned". Both are of equal/zero importance to me, and I like to think the majority of gamers out there feel the same way. Type at your own risk, I say. In fact, I might make that my in game name from now on.

Don't even get me started on what would happen to you in Delta Force or BF1942 if you tried anything similar to that whole "saber down=peace" BFS...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Coraith

The Saber Code of Conduct helps to maintain a friendly, respectful attitude on FFA servers were peps want to Duel each other in a fair and skillful way.

There is nothing wrong with this, as there is nothing wrong with your wish to "go crazy" but believe me when I say you will be happier playing on servers with no rules than trying to convert skillful players to your way of thinking.

Pure, all out FFA, is more than fair. There are no interpretative rules, or abusive controlling admins. Your saber is down? What the hell are you doing running around without a weapon? You're chatting? Why would you expect to live, and what difference does it make if you don't? Everyone is on a level playing field, everyone knows the consequences of certain actions. The code does not have this.

The code has idiots who think it's a good way to get out of dying, or to gather health, ammo, and weapons. Or a good way to get rid of people who are better at the game than they. I have never met a "skillful" follower of it, because all it does is encourage excusing of your loss, and salvaging of your pride.

Rules that can be abused so easily and flagrantly shouldn't exist in the first place, and should never be implemented on a FFA server.

I understand whoever owns the server is entitled to their own rules, but really, how stupid is it that this retarded code has gained such widespread acceptance. No wait, that's offensive to the mentally challenged. They can't help how they were born. This is just people choosing to be idiots. So much worse.

Well, read some pretty amazin stuff now:

Personally I think that killing someone who is unarmed is unfair, all games have rules, all sports, why? so that everyone has a fair shot at winning

Unarmed? You hit fire and your saber is up within less than 1/2 a second, those people who choose to not hit fire and fight back have themselves to blame. There is no excuse in a game where you have a weapon at all times to start crying about being killed just because your saber wasn't up. I understand that some people believe their needs to be honour but you just can't have it because it's abused. People will drop their saber when their health gets low and then go onto screaming "lamer".

As for simply avoiding most servers, why should I suffer for the people who run around screaming "lamer"? I enjoy running ASE, seeing a map I like then going to the server for that map, I rarely look at the name, I just see a map I like with enough players. I'm not going to limit myself because of a few people who insist you can regular a first person shooter to excessive levels.

If that means your going to get kicked for going into a certain room then that’s that.
So I should go into servers and fear being kicked for simply walking to a certain section of the map? I'm sorry but that's just absurd. How can you possibly section off a part of a map in a game server and threaten to ban?

Kheier Serakk made perfect sense, if you are going to start throwing words around like "laming" then at least get a global standard for the word. If the saber honor code can spread through servers, why can't true definitions of words spread too? We can't truly define laming but that should be something that can be spread. People should be kicked for insults that are true insults like racism, prejudism but not because someone placed their saber down the second they realised they could not win.

As for those who honestly believe the saber code of conduct, read Vaders post above, you cannot have rules that can be so easily bent to personal gain. Why should the majority fear servers just because the admins are (almost always) young kids who don't yet understand you can't limit FFA games with insane rules.

It takes people to go out there and keep reminding people this is a game where you kill, plain and simple. If you just keep avoiding servers once you see someone try to adhere to "the saber code of conduct" then admins will continue to ruin games.

And of course it isn't just other servers, these people who scream lamer start bogging down other servers and aren't stopped.

my definitionm of lamer is "if you bore the hell out of me by talking for no reason and i punnish u. If you dont play and just muck around with all the extra stuff in JA, if u r boring, if you are boring, if your boring! and call peopole lamers"

i hate boring people, there lamers. have fun, geez, peopole call u lamers all the time for nothing, they do it them self and its ok, red stance is also boring.

What are you peps smoking?,

First let me address VadersJM's comments,

Pure, all out FFA, is more than fair. There are no interpretative rules, or abusive controlling admins. Your saber is down? What the hell are you doing running around without a weapon? You're chatting? Why would you expect to live, and what difference does it make if you don't? Everyone is on a level playing field, everyone knows the consequences of certain actions. The code does not have this.

If I enter a server WITHOUT rules the last thing I would do is stand there without a weapon. My point is if you enter a FFA server (or any server for that matter) that does have rules then you should respect that and follow them or leave.

The code has idiots who think it's a good way to get out of dying, or to gather health, ammo, and weapons. Or a good way to get rid of people who are better at the game than they. I have never met a "skillful" follower of it, because all it does is encourage excusing of your loss, and salvaging of your pride.

Every single person I have ever met who does in fact follow the rules of any servers they play on is far from being an "idiot". The fact that they play by the rules shows that they like to play fair. I don't know anyone who uses the Saber Code of Conduct as a means to "escape death".

Plus all the followers of the Code are some of the best Duelers I have ever played against, most of them being very good at all out FFA too. Want proof?, play on FeaR servers.

Rules that can be abused so easily and flagrantly shouldn't exist in the first place, and should never be implemented on a FFA server.

If the Admins are fair and good at their job abuse of the rules is stepped on quickly as well as breaking them. With JK2 the admin mod made this very easy and user friendly. No doubt if the code is released another mod will do this again for us.

I understand whoever owns the server is entitled to their own rules, but really, how stupid is it that this retarded code has gained such widespread acceptance. No wait, that's offensive to the mentally challenged. They can't help how they were born. This is just people choosing to be idiots. So much worse.

Thats your oppinion and your intitled to it, I dissagree.

Now WadeV1589's comments,

Unarmed? You hit fire and your saber is up within less than 1/2 a second, those people who choose to not hit fire and fight back have themselves to blame. There is no excuse in a game where you have a weapon at all times to start crying about being killed just because your saber wasn't up. I understand that some people believe their needs to be honour but you just can't have it because it's abused. People will drop their saber when their health gets low and then go onto screaming "lamer".

I am reffering to FFA servers that have civilized Dueling in mind, What you discribe is considered just as lame as laming it's self by fair Admins and respectful Clans. All out FFA servers should not have rules as it goes against the ideals of the server.

As for simply avoiding most servers, why should I suffer for the people who run around screaming "lamer"? I enjoy running ASE, seeing a map I like then going to the server for that map, I rarely look at the name, I just see a map I like with enough players. I'm not going to limit myself because of a few people who insist you can regular a first person shooter to excessive levels.

Fact is that if you don't want to "suffer" you shouldn't play on servers with rules. Are you suggesting that server owners should all drop their rules just to please you and others like you?

As i said before, there are servers with rules and servers without, I suggest you play on servers without rules. Why should you?, because you don't like rules, simple as that.

So I should go into servers and fear being kicked for simply walking to a certain section of the map? I'm sorry but that's just absurd. How can you possibly section off a part of a map in a game server and threaten to ban?

You shouldn't "fear" being kick from a server full stop.......fearing anything in a online game is a little sad....its a game dude. If you join a server and they ask you to stay out of a certain area then you should repect that or leave. Same goes for whatever rules the server own dreams up.

I am not saying I agree with that rule but if the owner of the server wants it that way then thats it. Its theirs not yours. Don't like it?....then leave, again simple as that.

Kheier Serakk made perfect sense, if you are going to start throwing words around like "laming" then at least get a global standard for the word. If the saber honor code can spread through servers, why can't true definitions of words spread too? We can't truly define laming but that should be something that can be spread. People should be kicked for insults that are true insults like racism, prejudism but not because someone placed their saber down the second they realised they could not win.

Don't be daft, If your arguments are purely against the word "Lame" then you are truely waisting your time here. Players will call you lame, as you have stated for many reasons real or otherwise, this will not stop, fact.

People should be kicked for racism, abusive language, prejudism and on the servers I play on they are kicked without warning for that sort of behavour. At least players not following the code get warnings were I play.

you cannot have rules that can be so easily bent to personal gain. Why should the majority fear servers just because the admins are (almost always) young kids who don't yet understand you can't limit FFA games with insane rules.

This is geting really streched, its very simple, if you go on a server with abusive Admin you leave.......and never go back. If you go on a server were players are using the Code of Conduct to win you leave.......and never go back.

That is and will remain your only course of action against such players/admins. Again I will say it, find a server/s that play to your way of thinking and you will not have to moan about rules you don't like.

It takes people to go out there and keep reminding people this is a game where you kill, plain and simple. If you just keep avoiding servers once you see someone try to adhere to "the saber code of conduct" then admins will continue to ruin games.

Your "reminding" isn't going to change a thing. If players want to FFA they will and if players want to follow the code they will. If in your eyes the majority follow the code then that should speak volumes to you. If the concept of fair dueling is lost on you play on servers that don't have rules..........(how many times do I need to say it)

And of course it isn't just other servers, these people who scream lamer start bogging down other servers and aren't stopped.

So this is truely just about players calling you lamer?......man get over it, don't want be called a lamer?...then don't lame.

If it bothers you that much don't play.

Fact is if the majority of JK players wanted what you want then there would be no code. The Majority like to play fair dueling with friends, like it or leave it.

I only consider laming to be when you break server rules. I expect people to follow the server rules at the servers I am admin at, or else they will be warned. If they don't pay attention, they get kicked. If they still come back not obeying the server rules, they get banned.

Simple as that.

A server has server rules. You follow them, or you get warned, maybe kicked, or perhaps even banned.

The people who set the server rules are the gods, basically. If a rule is to have only red colored sabers, then you will either follow it or get kicked. That was just an example, I don't make those kind of rules.

Archived