Home

Would anyone be interested in developing the following mods?

Sir Vougalot

I don't know the slightest thing about the technical stuff in video games. But, as I understand, all of Raven Software's games are made so that they can easily be tampered with.

I was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to make a couple of mods for the following games. (I posted it in this forum, because it deals with both JO and JA.) From what I've read, most of thse mods should be fairly easy to make, while a few will be a little mre difficult. Below are listed the name of the game, and then the mod idea.

GAME: Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

MOD IDEA: Fix Force Saber Throw level 3 in The lightsaber doesn't seem to be as "smart" in JA as it is in JO. In JO, the saber

auomatically seeks out targets, as long as they were on the screen. In JA,

you have to have your crosshairs pointed directly at the enemy and hope to

God that the saber hits them. (And most of the time, an enemy Force user

blocks your saber.) This is really annoying. It also doesn't seem to fly out as far.

GAME: Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

MOD IDEA: Make it so that those red lines appear on NPCs when touched by your lightsaber, they way they do in JA. This should be easy.

MOD IDEA: Make it so that NPCs take little or no damage by just touching the tip of your lightsaber when all you are doing is holding it in place. (This way, enemy battles will be more challanging.) If maybe you can make it so that it'll only cause about 1% damage, that would be fine.

MOD IDEA: Make it so that Kyle walks at the speed he would normally run, and runs at the speed he ran in the original Jedi Knight game.

MOD IDEA: Same as above, only one difference: The walking speed is fine the way it is, as Jaden walks at the exact same speed s/he runs. The only thing I would like changed is the running speed to match that of the orginal JK.

MOD IDEA: This one would probably be the most difficult. But of all of them, this is the one I really want the most, and I put special emphesis on it. If no one wants to to do any of the other ones, please consider this one. It's long, so I will break it down into subsections:

Make the Force powers of Jedi Outcast exactly like those of Jedi Academy.

Some of the features in JA that weren't in Jedi Outcast include:

--More acrobiatics (ex: ability to walk higher up walls; abiliy to jump

foward, grab the wall, and thrust yourself backward; etc.)

--More lightsaber combat moces (ex: stab your oponent on the ground,

that force-powered move that lets you do a really powerful move by pressing

Pimary and Secondary Attack together)

--The aura around your hand and around the victim's neck when using

Force Grip to be red instead of blue

--The ability to shoot two streams of Force Lightning from both hands

when empty-handed or with your lightsaber deactivated (causes more damage

but also depleates the Force pool more rapidly)

--The ability to lift even dead enemies with Force Grip

--Enemies go flying into the air backward when electrocutedwith Force

Lightning (and the ability to shock even dead enemies)

--The long jump used when excecuting Force Speed and Foce Jump at the same time.

--Or anything I may have missed. Basically, everything that the Force

powers of JA have that those of JO don't.

(If you are interested in this particular one, send me a private message or email me and I will look through my strategy guide and list ALL of the acrobatic and lightsaber moves.)

And here is a skin idea:

SKIN IDEAS: Marilyn Manson, Batman, Count Dooku.

Yeah I'm a huge Marilyn Manson fan. That's what I was going to call myself here, but that name was already taken.

The mod about making the moves in JO more like JA, people at other sites just recently told me that that's more coding than moding. They said it would be hard to do. Anyone know anything about this?

Archived