Home

Red Dwarf

Mr Flibble

Did anyone ever watch this old comedy programme called Red Dwarf?

I'm confident no-one has ever started this thread before. Unless I have, 'cos I tried to start it last night but my computer went all up the left, and froze, and started clicking, then It unfroze and I pressed submit but then it said 'page could not be displayed'

But I digress, One last thing, If you come up my old thread, please delete this one. I'm no trouble maker.

But back to the point.

It starred Craig Charles (robot wars {for American} the idea you took for battle bots)

Robert Llewellan (ScrapHeap challenge)

Danny John Jules,

And Chris Barrie (The Brittas Empire.)

It was an eighties show, but is still around today.There are no note-worthy RD forums, so there you are.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Dwarf is, in fact, excellent. It's a shame a lot of people overlook it because it's "sci-fi" and hence evil (they say). It went a bit rank from series 7 onwards though (when they started using CGI that looked worse than stuff I've knocked up in Imagine :)).

They're currently shooting a movie version, apparently. Predicted rubbishness rating from me: high. Hopefully I'm wrong!

I have the first three seasons on DVD. The spines are beginning to spell out "Red Dwarf" too! It's rather exciting.

There was also an American Pilot, but it was abysmal. "Daphne" from Frasier played Holly, and there were lots of other overweight people plunging their perfectly white teeth into cheeseburgers, whose names I don't recall.

The movie has been on the horizon for a while, too! It was expected around 2 years ago, I think.

Years ago, Craig Charles went on 'The Gloria Hunniford Show'

(a daytime chat show) and said the movie would be RELEASED in 03, and now the website says production will BEGIN in late 2004!!

I'm actually surprised its so popular. What are the chances that people who like LucasArts games like RD.

Series 4 DVD comin' out soon, then NEXT november series 5.

Its all very exciting.:)

And for fellow brits, series IV is being repeated on BBC2 soon-

tape recorders at the ready! (i'm impatient)

ah, the show that bought the word 'smeg' to the consciousness of the british public :D

i loved it, I still watch them on UK gold whenever i see it on.

" Time is a great healer. Unless it's a rash, then you're better off with ointment. "

"The time for talking is over. Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard, and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign. "

Rimmer: "Step up to Red Alert!"

Kryten: "Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb. "

I've watched it when public TV used to show it. It was a bit too over-the-top silly at times, but usually worlds better than a most American sitcoms.

I haven't seen it in a while.

I used to have a Red Dwarf quote as my sig:

"As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe.

Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Hell yeah!

Red Dwarf rocks my world!

Ok lets try and remember the worlds.

Altogether now!

"It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere,

I'm all alone, more or less,

Let me fly, far away from here,

Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun...

I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose,

Drinking fresh mango juice,

Goldfish shoals, nibbling at my toes,

BREATH!

I'll pack my bags and head into hyperspace

Velocity at time-warp speed

Spend my days in ultraviolet rays

Fun, fun, fun in the sun, sun, sun

We're locked on course straight through the universe

You and me, and the galaxy

Reached this stage, this hyperpathic age

Yay!

Yay! Red Dwarf! I have no idea what it's doing in a MI forum, but who's complaining?

001111100100111011- When, roughly translated, says "Don't stand around gabbering when you're in mortal danger"

"This 'sexual magnetism' drug is very fasinating, and as a responsible captain, it's imperative that I get hold of it, and try some myself"

Has anyone read that Robert Llewellyn (Kryten) book "the man in the rubber mask"? It's basically a behind the scenes book in a novel structure, and lets you know just how uncomfortable that mask is. He has to sit in makeup 5 hours every morning, and every scene he does, it's a new mask.

""What are we going to call ourselves?" um, and I think it comes down to a choice between `The League Against Salivating Monsters' or my own personal preference, which is `The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society'. Um, one drawback with that... the abbreviation is `CLITORIS'."

"Kryten, unpack Rachel and get out the puncture repair kit. I'm ALIVE!!!!!"

Classic. If anyone hasn't seen it, seek the first six series, and do it...uh...ah, let's say now.

I don't know why, but I am glad Roytorde's babe is on our side. I really don't know why, but I kinda respect you.I not some kind of perverted freak, so don't worry, but i think the avatar gives an air of...authority,as well as the obvious........heh heh heh.- Seriously i'm not a pervert, its just your avatar, well, it cries out for attention. But you seem flirty... ;)

RoyTorde'sbabe, you like red dwarf. I'm sure Grant Naylor would be proud.

And brighteyes, are those real words or did you make up the second verse. I've never heard it...

Originally posted by Mr Flibble

I don't know why, but I am glad Roytorde's babe is on our side. I really don't know why, but I kinda respect you.I not some kind of perverted freak, so don't worry, but i think the avatar gives an air of...authority,as well as the obvious........heh heh heh.- Seriously i'm not a pervert, its just your avatar, well, it cries out for attention. But you seem flirty... ;)

RoyTorde'sbabe, you like red dwarf. I'm sure Grant Naylor would be proud.

And brighteyes, are those real words or did you make up the second verse. I've never heard it...

thankyou Mr Flibble, I haven't had a comment for a while, not even from roy.......but then again he does have a big mullet.......ha ha ha....:only kidding roy babe.:D

Archived