Home

Red Dwarf

Mr Flibble

Originally posted by Ernil

Somehow, everyone that's posted in this thread has evaded the point. What the hell is Red Dwarf? We need plot, you wankers.

See http://www.reddwarf.co.uk and click on 'black box' for some episode guides and video clips!!

...here's some pic's to get you in the mood Ern you feisty young whipper snapper!!!

kryten2.jpg

dwarf1.gif

cultures.jpg

the_end.jpgbalance.jpgconfidence.jpg

kryten.jpgrimmer3.jpglister7.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, the basics based on the only season (series for the Brits) I've seen:

Red Dwarf is the name of a space ship. It's quite misleading - although it's red it isn't anywhere near small. I suppose they could store a few Star Destroyers inside.

Instead of going into detail read this...

...from the intro:

This is an SOS distress call from the mining ship, Red Dwarf. The crew are dead, killed by a radiation leak. The only survivors were Dave Lister, who was in suspended animation during the disaster and his pregnant cat who was safely sealed in the hold. Revived 3 million years later, Lister's only companions are: a life form who evolved from his cat and Arnold Rimmer, a hologram simulation of one of the dead crew. I am Holly, the ship's computer, with an IQ of 6000, the same IQ as 6000 P.E. teachers

Okay!!

Dave Lister is put into satsis after bringing an unquarantined animal on board the starship red dwarf, which is RED (get it right) and 6 miles long. After the coolant system on the ships cadium II reactor fails, the whole crew of over one thousand die. Except Lister. He is thawed out 3 million years later , after the radiation dissapated, by the ships computer-senile computer Holly. When a computer is left on his own for 3 million yraes he goes a bit, odd. To cut a long story short, the animal he smuggled aboard bred and evolved into Felix Sapiens, and he is called the cat. Listers other companions are kryten, a deranged droid and rimmer, the holigrammatic simulation of his dead bunk mate. A few years later, they lose red dwarf, Find Lister's girlfriend in a parallel dimension and hunt the galaxy for their ship in the shuttle Starbug. Red Dwarf was actually turned into a planet by teensy weensy robots, who then turn it back on command , with crew. The posse are arrested, then the ship is destroyed by a chamelionic virus. Rimmer is left to die, whilst the others escape into a mirrior dimension.

You had to ask. and thats the brief version.

C'mon! Series 8 wasn't that bad! As a matter of fact, it had some of the funniest stuff ever out of the entire show! Tell me you didn't laugh when Kryten bailed all the officers into the bathroom, and at gunpoint, told them:

"I want you to pull down you're pants and sit on a toilet"

"Then what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to look at you!"

Seriously, just because you've decided that 7th and 8th series were irrelivant, doesn't mean that everyone thinks that... although the ending was ****house... dam...

C'mon! Series 8 wasn't that bad! As a matter of fact, it had some of the funniest stuff ever out of the entire show! Tell me you didn't laugh when Kryten bailed all the officers into the bathroom, and at gunpoint, told them:

Seriously, just because you've decided that 7th and 8th series were irrelivant, doesn't mean that everyone thinks that... although the ending was ****house... dam...

Kryten wasnt in series one. Im not an expert so I dont know when he became part of the crew.

Holly changed into a female for some time and apparantly in two episodes changed his name.

No ones mentioned the scutters yet either. The little blue droids that do odd jobs.

Red Dwarf rules. You can probably get some episodes on kazaa hushhush.

Kryten was introduced at the beginning of series 2, in an episode aptly named "Kryten". At the end of the episode, he sped off in some kind of space-motorcycle. The series ended with Lister being impregnated by his female-self from a parallel universe, said universe's equivalent of "Holly" being "Hilly".

At the start of series 3 a brief bit of text flashes by, explaining how Lister gave birth to twins and then sent them back to their universe of origin because they grew at an incredible rate, how they found and rebuilt Kryten, and how Holly had a sex change, basing his new appearance on Hilly.

Of course, when they got back to the recreated Red Dwarf in series 7, the original Holly was in place.

I always wondered what happened to the twins.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, there is an episode where Lister travels to a parallel dimension, which is female orientated. His Female other-self gets HIM pregnant, and he gives birth (cisarean, [i think thats how you spell it]) to his twin sons, Jim and Bexley, named after Jim Bexley Speed, the roof attack for the London Jets Zero-G football team

The writing always went to fast for me to read. Did you tape it then slow it down?

Originally posted by Mr.Lukie

Tell me you didn't laugh when Kryten bailed all the officers into the bathroom, and at gunpoint, told them:

Consider it done ¬

Originally posted by Jedi-Monkey

Caesarian.

I think Julius was born by it so they named it after him (Caesar).

Actually, Caesar is like Latin for emperor. Example; Julius CAESAR,

Augustus CAESAR.

Some person who knows more Latin than I do is going to come say THATS FALSE!!

That sort of thing always happens when I make a stand.

Probably because my mind is filled with all that is false or wildly inaccurate.

Originally posted by Mr Flibble

Actually, Caesar is like Latin for emperor. Example; Julius CAESAR,

Augustus CAESAR.

Some person who knows more Latin than I do is going to come say THATS FALSE!!

That sort of thing always happens when I make a stand.

Probably because my mind is filled with all that is false or wildly inaccurate.

I dont care for Roman history. Im Greek.

jk

Yes, well, a valid point, but, as of yet no-one had come to prove me wrong!!!!

Eat Smeg!!!!(ewhhh)

Go stick an egg up your nose!

I'm not sure to whom I am addressing these insults, but if I stop now I will look silly!!!!

You know the way when a guy comes onto a girl, she might say '' Don't get fresh!''

Did you know 'fresch' is the German word for cheeky?

((I know useless trivia from Latin and German but none from my own language.....which is.....um....just a sec....I got it.......erm............oh........yes.........English!........I think.

What the hell am I talking about???:confused:

• 1 month later...

i am not gonna comment this in any panteeway.. :¬:

err.. would you be so kind and give me those matches please?

Originally posted by Mr Flibble

You know the way when a guy comes onto a girl, she might say '' Don't get fresh!''

Did you know 'fresch' is the German word for cheeky?

frech is the german word for cheeky. also possible: unverschämt

german 'frech' could be english 'fresh' too, which also means 'frisch' in german.

so a 'fresh girley' could be either 'frech' or 'frisch', what uuuhmm.. could mean a lot of things of course.. . :p

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What? The most German I know is how to say where I live.

Ich wohne in eineEinfamilienhaus.

Ich komme aus NordinIrland.

(DO NOT correct my spelling)

Now french is a different kettle of fish.

Je perdu mon d'argent.

J'habite dans une boite et Je mange mon vomir. :D

Archived