Home

If you could improve Jedi Academy in any way, what would it be?

ExcelsioN

I've just been thinking about this question when I was playing the KOTOR Flight School map. So how would you choose to improve JA?

It can be anything. :D

I would probably make the walls (etc) destroyable (like Red Faction) or make a proper huge siege map (BF1942 style) with planes and all. :)

A Deathstar Siege map. It would be great if the Rebels start off in the command ship make their way to the ships and try and board the Deathstar without getting hit, and then trying to breach the command center to stop them firing the DeathStar.

:)

Originally posted by griff38

Better maps, more maps.

They obviously in a rush to get this product to market slacked off with the maps.

I feel like I am playing Quake again.

I second that motion. There should have been three times as many FFA and CTF maps, and maybe twice as many Siege maps (I'll allow that Siege maps probably take more time to design). Ten duel maps is probably enough.

They could have easily licensed some of the great 3rd-party maps from JKII:JO (probably a big credit and a token payment would have been a big enough thrill for most mapmakers, since they are already giving their work away for free), adapted them to JA, and included them in the CDs. That would have cost Raven very little effort or time. That's the only way to make sure all players had them because people are suprisingly resistant to downloading 3rd-party maps (in my experience; I'm not talking about the people who come to this forum, I'm talking about 95% of the rest of the players out there).

JKII:Jedi Outcast has 7 FFA maps, JA has 5. JKII:JO has 4 CTF maps, JA has 5, one of which most people don't like. JKII:JO comes on one CD, JA has 2, so lack of room is no excuse.

The standards of 1.04???

My lord those patches from Raven were horrible!!!

JKA far surpases the JKO multiplayer.

Anyway, I'd personally like to have more mission depth, and make the game more challenging.

I'm slogging through it on Jedi Master mode, and it's really not that hard of a game. The missions tend to just turn into "slash slash slash thud."

Now I like lightsaber combat, but a whole game of it can get rather tedious.

For instance the mission when you're stripped of your light staber was great. Now if only they didn't give you a blaster within just a few seconds and forced you to think a bit more and use your force powers more.

yeah, thats something ive never understood... loading times! Ive played games with bigger levels than jk2, and they load fast. But in jk2 and the JA demo, levels are slow to load...

well, for me, i noticed that its mostly the screens (you know how it says "connecting...." or something in mulitplayer, well, it sits there longer than it takes the map to load... and the "awaiting snapshot" thing is slow too :mad:

Kicking needs to be brought back, think of all the cool combos you could do if there was just a way to knock someone down. I don't think it would hurt anything, I mean there are kicks and rolls tht you can do now if you are knocked down, but how the heck do you knock someone down? that's just plain silly. It would'nt hurt to have kicking as option that could be turned on or off.

A better server browser would be cool too. Options to filter out saber only or force disabled servers.

Also I would like to see JO maps actually work with JA, there are so many hundreds of cool JO maps that would be even cooler if they could be played in JA.

The game would be absolutely perfect to me if those three things could be done.

I miss the frantic fast-paced action that kicking would allow. Right now saber fights just seem too long and drawn out. A lot of times I die from frustration/ lack of patience.

I would improve it by getting rid of all those damn force power effects like the red glow in force choke, push animation, pull and ect.... Those can all be easily removed and I have done it but I think the force powers should stay true to the movies.

I would change the lightsaber combat system. I would make it more challenging I don't know how yet but I do know that its just swing swing swing and there is no challenge to it.

I would chang the game engine most likely to Half Life 2 engine for in that engine everything in the enviroment is interactive.

Make more realistic get rid of the idea that a jedi can carry 10 different weapons at a time. Make lightsaber damage and effect of the damage be more movie like. Have lightsaber be able to clip on belt when off. Dismemberment would be more realistic. Damage from weapons more realistic such as rockets blowing walls apart like Red Faction.

I would change the clothing the jedi wear in JA to match more like the movies.

More customizable characters.

Force Stats system better.

Oh how I could go on but it would take all night.

I guess Im thinking of this in term of changes that *can* be realistically made, as opposed to fantasies that will be unrealised.... eg "make it like an RPG" type stuff

(nb. I am an SP player, so I dont know if this applies to MP)

I would really like to be able to get out of kata moves mid swing, (Im not sure if you can do this already??) They just seem to get started and look pretty and all, but then you realise another direction you want to go in but the kata animation/move is just still rollin along... also the amount of times ive been on a narrow walkway and done a kata w saberstaff and fallen off the damn ledge..... makes me feel like the stupidest jedi there ever was..... :p

apart from that....realistic voices for rodian and keldor males...... CHECK OUT WES JANSONS voice mod !

twilek and zabrak males would be cool too....

MTFBWYA

Why the heck did they let you be a female Zabrak but not a male? Who the hell wants to be a female Zabrak? Id change that too.

I sort of agree;

MALE HUMAN

FEMALE HUMAN (gee why not?)

FEMALE ZABRAK (no male?)

FEMALE TWI'LEK (no male..?)

MALE RODIAN (no female?)

MALE WHATCHAMACALLIT ( plo koon? no one cares? I dont even remember him SPEAKING in the movies..)

Lemme break it down; I been wanting a male Twi'lek model since JK II:JO And I never got one. They made a female and male Zabrak in like 2 months after its release courtesy of Cheshire and Spacemonkey.

Starwars galaxies (although also a pathetic and rushed game with no replay value and an eye gauging monthly fee) has both character species genders. Litte or no customization for each but they atleast still had them!

It woudl have killed tem to model a total of 6 more heads? maybe skin a few more bodies? Oh and the hands fora female rodian mighta needed to be redone.

I dont bitch about the game play about the game i think its fine, better than jk2 with the fact the lightsaber damage is alot more realistic. (anyone wanna take a lightsaber to the face and survive because you have 'shields'?)

The aesthetics of this game is where it lacks for me.

Who the hell wants to be a female Zabrak?

Perhaps a female player?

Stormtrooper x wrote:

Why the heck did they let you be a female Zabrak but not a male? Who the hell wants to be a female Zabrak? Id change that too.

Hey did you notice that PCgamemods.com has a user-made zabrak male model that you can add into the game now? Here is a link to it.....

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3169/

Have'nt tried it yet, but it loks pretty cool from the screenshot. Hope you enjoy:)

• 3 weeks later...

My wants are unrealistic. I would like SP to have npcs that you can have concersations with in game. Basically, I want the mission/RPG element of Deus Ex...the AI and Weapons and vehicles of HALO...The ability for vehices to show damage, be stolen, and most of the elements of GTAIII/GTA Vice City(minus the HORRIBLE models and animations!) with the models, moves, textures, vehicles,weapons and third/first person view like in JA. That and have Raven throw out an SDK for SP and there you have the recipe for the greatest game to ever grace God's good earth! Peace!

My wants are unrealistic. I would like SP to have npcs that you can have concersations with in game. Basically, I want the mission/RPG element of Deus Ex...the AI and Weapons and vehicles of HALO...The ability for vehices to show damage, be stolen, and most of the elements of GTAIII/GTA Vice City(minus the HORRIBLE models and animations!) with the models, moves, textures, vehicles,weapons and third/first person view like in JA. That and have Raven throw out an SDK for SP and there you have the recipe for the greatest game to ever grace God's good earth! Peace!

Clearly the greastest game ever to grace your 'gods' Earth was Pac-man on Atari.

Archived