Home

Finished Tierra models for Miguel and Tomas

MJ

After months of slaving away night after night with no sleep, the master himself Sal has produced these two works of art: completed 3D models of Miguel Huesos (dressed in yellow) and Tomas 'the Red' Encion (dressed in red).

Tomas has gone through a few changes since you last saw him. He has a smoother hat and a nice new mouth.

Sal is now going to take a break from modelling skeletons and work on animation and a room (the break room of the DOD, to be specific.)

Tomas Encion

x1.jpg

Tomas Encion comparison - before and after

x6.jpg

Miguel Huesos

x2.jpg

x3.jpg

x4.jpg

Miguel and Tomas

x7.jpg

x5.jpg

Please post praise to the legend that is Sal. :)

Thank you very much 8 of 12 !

Thanks for the news on the homepage too=)

It is a pleasur to work with you together friend, after so much wrong english sentences ^_^

Its a honor to work with you!

I will do my best !

You´ re just cool!

See ya great people ;)

And he´s the real master! =)

Isn´t Sal a girls name?

Awesome. I have no idea how you do it, Sal, but you do it. You get it done with flying colors. Awesome, and the jaw makes it look twice as good or more.

Now I KNOW Number Two is gonna be good. And Death as well. But most of all, I can't wait for DeCazador. Make him look insane, Sal.

Awesome, again. Brilliant and professional looking.

Thanks guys for supporting me.

I realise that animating will be hard ( not the face , more the whole body )

But...it will work out for sure!

I will have alot of more time to spend for Nighlight of the 2 weeks before the end of December.

This week is a busy week for me, that means , be patient =)

But I can say, I work on the DOD stuffroom rigth now, the first nightlight 3d place =)

Thanks to all of you, Holidos, Huz ( always nice to see you here posting ), Incredible_D ( just incredible friend =)

and 8 of 12 , for so many ...cant count that much ;)

Why I dont know DeCazador ?! Was it after part 7 ? =/

Edit

Forgot to mention a person who helping me with scale things right for the 3d Models ;) ( And give me good hints and ideas for different ways to realise the models! )

His name isMichael Skwierawski ( my cosuin ) I know a bad picture ;)

Ahh!

For fun, here are 2 outtakes ;) ( very old, just 8 of 12 see them before (orginal size! ))

Behind the magic ;)

Dev1

Dev2

See ya people, and dont turn the nightlight off =)

Valora DeCazador is a rather insane pirate who makes an appearance in Tierra de los Muertos, in parts 5 to 10. The DeCazador from Beneath Monkey Island is his brother, Armando. He will make an appearance in part 2. :)

• 2 weeks later...

the modelling looks good. But is that your final texturing it seems a bit to CG, To clean. Try adding a dirt map to the face just make it a little more worn. The red suit guys face has very tight Check bones, Some dirt or cracks might go well with it. But if your going for the clean skull look of manny it's good. The suits really need to have a more fabric look to it, it sort of looks like you've just slapped a colour on it. Also the shoulders look a bit polygonal needs to be smoothed out abit. But it's good, good tribute to grim fandango. Keep up them good work

Meh, I kinda like 'em just the way they are. (Cue annoying billy Joel Music) I don't mean to shoot down any opinions but unless they don't match the environment (In a much later stage) I think they look fine. Of course, I know nothing about animation but that's just my opinion on what I see.

Tribute to Grim Fandango ay? I suppose......

madjacks!

Nice to meet you! Seems you have the power to support me ;)

Of course you´re right in every piont.

But first this is the way 8 od 12 want it most..sure some things I have to tell him, but its fine that way.

Texturing is not the best ..but what exactly ypu men be that ?

" The suits really need to have a more fabric look to it, it sort of looks like you've just slapped a colour on it" ?

Yea Red is a bit more polygonal. I dont no if it needs to be done.

For some reason things looks sometime better low poly then smooth out ( all smoothie and flowie ?=) Do you have a big Pc in the pocket which can render all the suff ?? ^_^ )

Thank you very much for your opnio...so maybe..you wanna help me out a bit?=)

My ICQ is

116712666 ( Sal tha super rookie = )

There is another thread you can take a look for more info.

Sal

I answer you later Holidos..now time to run for the train---------

What program are you using, I'm only trained in Maya. If your using maya or Studio max (i think there similiar) Making a dirt map would be simply drawing or even getting a picture of dirt or just using a fractal or noise. Then you slap it on a node which you want say ambient colour thats a good one. Then turn the alpha gain, (amplitude also if it's a fractal) down a bit. Then you'll get this sort of smudgey dirt look like his face has been through a bit.

Did you UV texture it or just assign them and use the 3dprojection node to move the texture around? If you UV textured it then i think like tiny bumps and pores would look great especially for close ups, you know how bone has those tiny bumps.

But I think it looks good i dig that skeleton.

Good luck with the project.

My big problem is the planning to weight. And the "Inverse Kinematik" of 3dsmax, I cant get rid of it. When I try to setup the ranges for (x, y , z ) the bones all screw up. Cant even copy the IK Systems witouth have many problems.

That the first-

The planning of weight I dont understand right ( now )

What about this

I give you a older version of "Red" and you can show me or setup it and i can take a look at it what you have done ;)

I dont have problems with the animating itself, but with setung it up on the models -_-

Thank you for replay madjacks.

Sal

Archived