Home

Graphics Driver Problem

gorganfloss

ok, Im normally a friggin genius at this stuff, but I've spent too much time on this problem to try anything without help. And when you need help, consult swampies. Every now and then they are able to give a collectively smart answer.

Earlier today I downloaded the latest Nvidia graphics driver for my pimped out GeForce 3 ti200 for god knows why. It installed and got to the point that I had to restart. I restarted. Windows won't boot. Lucky me! Now, I try repeatedly and all I get is the Windows loader freezing just before the login screen. Using Windows 2000 Professional, btw.

At this point I'm irritated, so I install Windows on another partition. It's installed and runnin' good. Until I install the NVidia driver. Poof. Does the same as the first and pulls a lemming. Try again for my third partition. Guess what? You guessed right, I'm screwed. Now I'm more than irrated...I'm grumpy.

I get to the point where I format C drive and completely re-install Windows and all my drivers but one, the graphics. This is where I am now. Pissed.

I'm probably missing crucial information that is required for your help, but I've been working on this for a good six hours and am losing my mind.

I really need some help here.

Any chance of starting 2000 in safe mode, or the full mode with just VGA mode? I know it's an option for XP, can't remember when I had 2K if it was an option.

Use safe mode to reload older drivers, saying yes to overwrite all the older dated drivers compared to the new ones...

Archived