Home

Sorry....but..need to....rant

Khier

My friend got the game 2-3 days ago. As soon as he played, some 45-year old guy started calling my friend a lamer.

My friend was 'lamed' by the the guy who was calling him lamer before he 'lamed' him, still the guy started whining.

Great way to welcome players, my friend prefers playing SP now. This is already worse than the goddamn Counter-Strike game. JA/JK2 receive the awards for containing the worst idiots ever.

Counter-Strike, eat your heart out.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most ppl will see the problem with this "saber down = peace" garbage when they are dueling some jackoff and he suddenly drops his saber because he is low on health. I've seen this happen many times, so what do you do in that situation? I know I would just finish him, duels are to the death. So you kill him, it's inevitable that "omg you lamed me" will follow, and if that person happens to be an admin prepare to be put to sleep.

Originally posted by PG|Prometheus

hehe why are you all getting so uptight, writing long posts over people pressing an animation button or crouching? Come on, if you don't want the honour guys, dont play with them, just as if there are more competetive players, the honour guys wont play with us (or will just shout things in vein).

People have argued that they want to play the game a certain way, so things should be removed. Not everyone agreed, but there you go.

Now the honour guys want to play a certain way, not everyone agrees with, but leave them alone on their servers and let them leave others alone on theirs.

Pffft! That's the whole problem, slick! You can't simply not play with the "honour guys". They're worse than the clap. And I'm not entirely convinced they're "guys" either. They're every freakin' where. And they assume that everyone takes it from behind, just because they like to. No matter what the server rules say, facist honor quim are gonna be there telling you how they think it oughta be, and slinging their "lamer" arrows.

Much to my ammusement, new threads completly trashing them, crop up here on a daily basis. If they had any concept of the meaning of the word "honor", they'd know griping, pissing, moaning, bitching, etc, about someone not playing "I'll bend over if you do" is not honorable. Given the anonimity of the internet, one might even conclude that it's cowardly.

That's why I stick to just a few select servers where I know that most of the people are nice XD

But I don't see a point in turning off your saber when you're near death o.o sure you might not get struck IF your opponent keeps to the rules, but what would help, let alone bring you closer to victory in the end? >.> Mah well.

Yes, I bow, and yes, I use crouch, actually because I don't really care for bowing and it's quicker, but I'd really rather not kill someone who's possibly just had a cat step on his keyboard or something. It's just not fun. I also say gf as sort of a "no, I'm not going to call you a lamer" or whatever. The nusto honor kids really irk me, esp. on ffa servers and I've posted before about obnoxious things they've done, but bowing and whatnot doesn't make you one of them, at least not in the duel game-type. The opposite sort of people who butterfly into someone trying to bow then with "hahahahahah!111111 j00 m0r0n!!!111" is pretty damned obnoxious too, often because the other person just wants to have a fun duel with someone not afk.

hehe why are you all getting so uptight, writing long posts over people pressing an animation button or crouching? Come on, if you don't want the honour guys, dont play with them, just as if there are more competetive players, the honour guys wont play with us (or will just shout things in vein).

People have argued that they want to play the game a certain way, so things should be removed. Not everyone agreed, but there you go.

Now the honour guys want to play a certain way, not everyone agrees with, but leave them alone on their servers and let them leave others alone on theirs.

I'm not uptight about it, my post was long because most of it was quotes. And if the "honor" players did as you suggest, stayed on their own servers and did their own thing, I couldn't care less.

But for the hundreth time *sigh*, I'll repeat it again: the problem is they don't stay on their own Bizarro servers, bowing, chatting, apologizing for the wrong type of kill ("Sorry, I didn't see your chat bubble"), and anxiously looking over their shoulders for some power-crazed 13-year-old admin who might "punish" them. They invade other servers (like mine) and wrongly assume their "honor code" is universal and an official part of the game. They whine, curse, and try to browbeat and intimidate others to their misguided way of thinking.

My servers have a clean, pure, simple "all kills are legal, don't whine when you die" policy, clearly stated in the MOTDs (different for each map) and automated server messages. Despite that, these "honor" players descend like locusts and try to impose their made-up "rules" and "Codes" on my server. Here is a small sample of actual transcipts of the nonsense I have to deal with:

saber down = no attack!!!

ffs if your sword is down donyt attack!!!

saber down is peace u muppet

sabre down=peace

do ANY of you idiots understand that you are NOT supposed to attack people that are typeing or have no gun or saber armed

saberdown you dickhead

how about this... WHEN F***ING SABRE IS DOWN DON'T F***ING ATTACK THEM

is that going through you f***ing brains (wow, such language from a "man of honor")

noone in this game seems to have the intelligence to grasp that very simple concept :\

*sighs* this game is full of the lamest honorless f***s ive ever had the missfortune to play with

sabre down or guns down= peace

anyone who killes me when i have my sabre down or guns down or chat ill kick them (Interesting, this "honor" player is a liar since he doesn't have the power to kick anyone)

this is your server sniper dude?

yes (another lie from the "honor" player)

do i have to remind everyone... NO LAMING OR ELSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (more empty threats)

my saber is down f***ing moron

what's with jerkoff a**hole f***sticks killing people when they're obviously a talking caption over their head?

Darth_Revan: DUstin, laming is not cool, it's for noob bitches that didle childeren, so stop

any rules or is sab down killing OK?

no saber down killing or chat killing (another "honor" player imposing HIS rules on MY server)

fatpants we all agreed on no saber off kills or chat kills (no, no one agreed, you just tried to make up some rules and make others follow them)

That is why this is a problem. If they just stayed on their purely "honor" code servers and stopped trying to spread their "religion" to other servers, we could just avoid those "honor" servers and everyone would be happy. But they won't.

You’re missing the point man.

I'm all for personal choice as well.

If a guy wants to run around and pretend he's darth Spock, hey more power to him.

But that goes both ways.

If I want to connect to a server and start slashing and shooting things, should I not have that option as well?

Where the frustration lies is those people who plopped down 49.99 for a game and just want to actually "play" it are finding it that task becoming increasingly more difficult.

Jedi Outcast became so absurdly infested with this "honor" bull**** that it got to the point in the latter 6 months of the games life, where finding ANY server that let you just connect and play without going through some ridiculous role playing rituals, or that did not "admin punish" you for violating some asinine "codes of honor" became impossible.

And the argument "find another server" is not a valid argument either, here is why:

If this was restricted to specific servers yes, "find another place to play" would be a valid point, but the fact is these 'honor" people infest and enforce this crap on PUBLIC servers with no established rules.

I don't know how many times I've seen a pack of these tools gang up and vote people off public servers just because those said players were... playing... on a public server no less.

Hell, I ran 3 separate servers in Outcast and on the few occasions where I screwed up and left voting on, these retards would try and vote us off our own server for "laming", even after they had been warned to stfu about the honor bull**** and just play.

The sad fact is, if you go to a server and encounter a pack of these idiots, simply "leaving and finding another server to play on" will bring you into a server with even more of them.

/edit

she beat me to it, but same thing she said ^

I agree with what you are all saying. MOST honor players are really not very honorable when it comes with dealing with the non-honorable players. I feel that these players have ruined the way people look at honor players. I just hope you guys know that not ALL honor players are ass****s. There are SOME good ones. Take the JK3Files server (oh I just love advertising it)...

-It does have the saber down= peace rule.

-It does have the no chat killing rule.

-THESE RULES DO NOT APPLY IN DUELS.

-Bowing is not required.

-If you are in the way of the FFA with your saber down or chatting, and you are killed, it's YOUR fault, not the killer's fault.

-Offensive, abusive, profane, vulgar, etc. language is not allowed.

-There is no voting.

-Admins must have visual evidence of rule breaking before even warning someone. In Jedi Outcast, that meant /amsleep.

-In Jedi Outcast, admins were not allowed to use /ampunish.

-If someone was put to sleep, other players were not allowed to chat or interfere with their conversation with the admin. So a group of players couldn't stand over a player and yell OMG J00 MOTHER****ING N00B!!1! BAN THE ASS****!!!!!!!11

-If someone continually falsely accuses someone of laming, the whiner would be kicked.

As you can see, a lamer would not be abused under these rules.

What I mean is, theres nothing that can be done. You make it sound like these people are a majority. I know they're not, but don't make it sound like it is, because as many people pointed out in competetive vs casual arguements, the minority loses.

Raven added animations for these honour guys, yet another pointer defining which players the game is aimed at.

I don't play ffa, but I don't see the point in chatkilling a guy...I play to kill people that fight and to spend a few seconds slashing into a guy stood still doesnt attract me. Then again, in ctf, or if someone backs out of a duel when they lose, many a time I've chatkilled them or 'got them with their saber down' (omg blasphomous).

At the end of the day, if these guys are a majority, then theres not much you can do. If they're a minority, find another server. And if they invade your server, use their em powers back at them and kickban them.

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

I agree with what you are all saying. MOST honor players are really not very honorable when it comes with dealing with the non-honorable players. I feel that these players have ruined the way people look at honor players. I just hope you guys know that not ALL honor players are ass****s. There are SOME good ones. Take the JK3Files server (oh I just love advertising it)...

-It does have the saber down= peace rule.

-It does have the no chat killing rule.

-THESE RULES DO NOT APPLY IN DUELS.

-Bowing is not required.

-If you are in the way of the FFA with your saber down or chatting, and you are killed, it's YOUR fault, not the killer's fault.

-Offensive, abusive, profane, vulgar, etc. language is not allowed.

-There is no voting.

-Admins must have visual evidence of rule breaking before even warning someone. In Jedi Outcast, that meant /amsleep.

-In Jedi Outcast, admins were not allowed to use /ampunish.

-If someone was put to sleep, other players were not allowed to chat or interfere with their conversation with the admin. So a group of players couldn't stand over a player and yell OMG J00 MOTHER****ING N00B!!1! BAN THE ASS****!!!!!!!11

-If someone continually falsely accuses someone of laming, the whiner would be kicked.

As you can see, a lamer would not be abused under these rules.

jk2files.com was the biggest whiny ass, no talent noob infested server in the history of that game.

I will say a couple of the guys who had rcon there were decent people (Atlas and Shroom Duck come to mind) but the rest were just crappy players and nerds on a mission of holy galactic geek vengeance.

I've been to the jk3files.com server a few times and I admit it's not as bad as before, but one thing is missing that could (and chances are will) change that:

An admin mod

The used to give admin to anyone of the regular newbie’s who played there (scratch "play", I meant to say stood around there) and groveled, sucked up and stroked their nerd egos.

If that has changed, great, but I really doubt it.

What I mean is, theres nothing that can be done. You make it sound like these people are a majority. I know they're not, but don't make it sound like it is, because as many people pointed out in competetive vs casual arguements, the minority loses.

At the end of the day, if these guys are a majority, then theres not much you can do. If they're a minority, find another server. And if they invade your server, use their em powers back at them and kickban them.

They are the majority, without a doubt.

In Outcast, the number of servers I was banned from, from my first ban, to may last, was close to one thousand.

No joke, no exaggeration.

Granted a lot of those were multiple bans on the same servers, but still, being banned from over 500 separate individual servers in less than a year is just insane for any online game.

I mean Jesus man, people who try to wall hack and aimbot on punkbuster servers in other games like RTCW or Quake 3, don't even get ban figures that high.

And the sad thing is, off all those bans, I would say maybe 3 tops did not revolve around the honor/lamer crap.

And almost every single one of those bans involved an admin mod.

Admin mods were no different than client side hacks; they gave newbie’s the means to survive in a game they sucked at.

Can't kill that player who owns you?

/empower

Still can't kill him?

/amsleep

He keeps /reconnecting and killing you before you can put him back to sleep?

/kickban

I would say about 60% of this community has this "whaaa mommy" mentality for some damn reason, and mark my word, when and if these admin mods ever do surface, the all mighty noob avenger command of /kickban is going to make "fun and frantic paced game play” for the casual gamer tougher to find than Dinosaurs in South Central Los Angles.

Come on man, I join servers and after 5 minutes press /disco bind before they can scream "S4B3r D0Wn = P34c3?!!?". If they do the honour stuff, or have the admin that enforces it, I just don't play there.

I found a few ffa servers in JK2 where you do what you want. And duel, well it wasn't really a problem to find a server, but if there wasn't many on, I'd just put up with crouching before I killed them (or them me :p). But theres quite a few good competetive players who do bow...obviously don't cry about you not returning it, but not everyone fits under the same umberella :p

My last post here so I am going to spell it out for the people who have me mixed up with someone else,

I believe in showing respect for my opponent, that’s all there is to it.

I DO NOT think everyone else should do this,

I DO NOT think that someone who doesn't show respect should be called lame or noob,

I DO NOT expect other players to behave like me,

I DO NOT want or have any wish to try and "convert" players to my way of thinking,

I DO NOT think I am right and you are all wrong,

Now for the DO's,

I DO think this is a personal opinion of mine,

I DO think that if someone shows you respect you should at least have the stones to wait till they are finished bowing and not attack them; if you’re good you need no advantage,

I DO think this "ideal" is more then evident in RL,

For example,

I went Kickboxing this afternoon, after a bit of a warm up me and a local lad who I don't know personally decided to have a spar, before we started trying to knock each other out we "touched gloves", why?, because neither of us wanted an "unfair" advantage over the other.

During the match I clocked the poor lad in the nadds by mistake, now after an apology we again "touched gloves" and continued.

I use this example to show that I have respect for an opponent, regardless of the fact that it has been "earned" or not.

I DO think this is a good thing for the game, any game, and the servers I play on it works fine and everyone comes away feeling like they have had a fair round of duels with like minded players.

I DO think that the most skilled players I have ever had the joy to duel have come from the same type of servers I play on, and all the best players I have fought have never needed an advantage of any kind to beat me including hitting me while I bow or any other type of advantage.

Now that is how I feel, this is my opinion, I couldn't give two flying F**Ks about weather or not anyone here thinks the same, I respect your right to play as you wish, I ask that you respect mine.

/END

Ahh yes, those honor loving smacktards of the JK MP universe. It is because of these guys, who love to bunch into groups and apparantly just talk to each other, that I am CONVICED that is why the saberstaff has a 360 degree hitting kata.

It is because of these "honor" freaks that JKO MP collapsed and the forum community died. It is also because of these guys that I still proudly bear my ASC tag, and will do all I can to make these honor morons cry and whine. If I get banned from the server, so much the better.

The minute you join the server you are a combatant. Saber off does NOT equal peace. Saber off DOES equal, you are a moron, here's a saber through your head. Same thing for in game chatting.

If you bow to me, I will DFA you. No questions asked. I see you lower your saber and do that crap and you will get a saber through your head.

When I join a server, I come to kill, and if you're within saber reach, then you are a target.

I know I said I wasn't going to post on this again but I have to say this.

To all the normal, intelligent people here, look at the above post by Dracofyre, would any sane, fun loving person prefer to compete against someone like me who will respect you as a person or with him/her who will show you no respect as a person unless you think as he/she does?

I must leave here, I find no like minded people, this may well show that I and my kind are in fact a dieing bred in RL, I hope this isn't the case or we have a hard road in front of us as a species.

Good bye all and happy gaming,

Peace Out!

STOP THIS! A new thread everyday about this rises! And everyone gets upset, flame eachother, saying ''cry more'', etc.

You make long posts, and it's the same thing every time. We understand.

Kurgan, I beg you to lock threads like this INSTANTLY, as they are just repetitive and full of flames.

There is nothing you can do about the honor thing, end of story.

Try to survive.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

For the record, I think it is just as bad for someone to go a server with clearly stated "honor" rules (saber down = peace, no chatkilling, etc.) and deliberately disobey those rules as it is for an "honor" player to try an impose his "code" on a server where those "rules" don't apply.

<------Man this dude just won't leave :D

For the record I agree with that statment completely, and I already knew that of you Amidala, that why I like ya ;)

I don't want to leave these boards but I don't want to be lumped in with the "Honor Noobs", I just think the Honor Code is a good idea that has obviously been exploted.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

jk2files.com was the biggest whiny ass, no talent noob infested server in the history of that game.

I will say a couple of the guys who had rcon there were decent people (Atlas and Shroom Duck come to mind) but the rest were just crappy players and nerds on a mission of holy galactic geek vengeance.

I've been to the jk3files.com server a few times and I admit it's not as bad as before, but one thing is missing that could (and chances are will) change that:

An admin mod

The used to give admin to anyone of the regular newbie’s who played there (scratch "play", I meant to say stood around there) and groveled, sucked up and stroked their nerd egos.

If that has changed, great, but I really doubt it.

Yes, but those days have pasted. A lot of people there have grown up, and HolyWarrior was removed from power! Yay! Atlas has been brought back as an admin, that's good. I've been told by many regulars that I'm their favorite admin there. But... An admin with questionable techniques was hired, which could contribute to the nonsense. :(

But for those competitive players, like you unnamed, it's just not your place.

Originally posted by Coraith

<------Man this dude just won't leave :D

For the record I agree with that statment completely, and I already knew that of you Amidala, that why I like ya ;)

I don't want to leave these boards but I don't want to be lumped in with the "Honor Noobs", I just think the Honor Code is a good idea that has obviously been exploted.

The feeling is mutual:amidala:

I hope you didn't take anything I said personally, and if you did I apologize.

You just very clearly articulated "the other side", and therefore were a perfect foil for my counterarguments.

Please don't feel you have to leave the forum, the "honor" debate is just one small part of what goes on here (just check out the goofy stuff in Yoda's Swamp). I don't think anyone here thinks you are the type of player who goes to a public server, "honor" code-following or not, and screams profanities at people for so-called "laming". No one has a problem with you playing on or running a server that has "honor" rules. Hopefully, if "newbies" come to your server, someone will explain to them that while those rules are followed there, they are not universal and it is always best to find out the rules of any new server they join without making assumptions.

I think this debate is healthier than people invading each other's servers and causing grief, no matter who is doing it or how.

I see a few solutions to this animosity between the "honor people" and everyone else.

-Play single player

-Play solo against bots

-LAN parties with people of similar interests (to bow or not to bow)

-Private/password servers

-or, do what I do:

Get really sh*thoused with my wife and a couple friends, LAN up and make a server, and beat the living crap out of each other.

We started doing this when UT came out, and it's always fun. Sometimes people from outside find our games, and we let them play how they want if they aren't being *$$holes. If they are, we all get sniper rifles (in most games) or lightsabers and commence target practice. In these games, I have never called anyone a "lamer" or a "noob." I didn't even know these terms until I looked at this forum. If I called my wife a "noob," she would laugh and ask what it was. The only equivalent of "chat killing" is killing someone while they went to the kitchen for another drink. Hell, instead of some "saber down=peace" crap, we just announce our hidey-hole, and ask that we aren't targeted for decapitation.

Sorry if this got long, but it just seems like everyone is way too angry over a game.

Well I guess we agree to disagree, I will take this opportunity to thank Amidala for making me feel more welcome.....that’s right.......I’m gonna stay :p

All I can say is let’s bring on the fun weather that be Honor Code or not.

BTW, no need for apologies, your arguments have made me think about my stance on this, that in itself is a feat with me :p

Archived