Home

Sorry....but..need to....rant

Khier

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Cal-Gon Gin

Oh I get it. You want the online gaming scene to be a segregated, boys-only sort of thing. I bet you'd also like it if business were boys-only too. Where do you draw the line anyway?

You, sir, are sexist and misogynist. Grow up.

(Sorry for continuing this thread's hijack.):evanpiel:

Next thing you know, he'll want it to be segregated based on religion, race and nationality.

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

I have actually read that the author of Jedi Academy mod is taking out almost all of the admin powers, so hopefully there won't be much, if any admin abuse. All he's leaving are the core powers: /amsleep, /amkick, /amkickban, /amsilence, /amrename. Now the abusive admins cant use /ampunish, /amslap, /ambunny, /amempower to humiliate players. :)

I always found it funny as hell to beat the crap out of a player that is /amempowered than the whole server laughs at him than he kicks us all, happened to me yesterday.........

Originally posted by Cal-Gon Gin

Oh I get it. You want the online gaming scene to be a segregated, boys-only sort of thing. I bet you'd also like it if business were boys-only too. Where do you draw the line anyway?

You, sir, are sexist and misogynist. Grow up.

(Sorry for continuing this thread's hijack.):evanpiel:

If you were referring to me, NO. Don't put words in my mouth, thank you.

EDIT: This discussion should end here, I started it (and all the other guys with their PM proposals) and it turned out to become a sort of flamefest... Just quote what you wanna quote, and after that, stop discussing.

Originally posted by Master William

I have honestly never seen a female know so much about a game, so it's gotta be a man.

Sorry, I was busy today, or I would have responded sooner. I will accept your complement about knowing so much about the game and not whine about the sexism because I hate whiners and whining.

I know it's unusual for females to be into gaming, but it's not that unusual. And like I said before, JK2 was my first online game, and honestly, I knew nothing about servers when I started in March. But when something catches my interest, I get obsessed with it and want to learn everything I can about it. I was the same way about birds, and computers, and bicycles, and other interests of mine. When I started running a server, I read a lot of stuff online and Jedi Runner taught me a lot. Of course, the best teacher was running my servers and having to figure out how to make them do what I wanted them to do. I made lots of mistakes at first, and I'm still learning things all the time.

Just so you know I'm not a freak, ever hear of Stevie Case?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Case_(Killcreek)

http://formen.ign.com/news/29352.html

She beat John Romero at his own game:amidala:

Originally posted by Master William

Sorry if it came out wrong, but it's not everyday you see females knowing so much about a game? Just for what I know, females tend to go out alot, and they don't have time to learn this. I won't judge by sex, but it's a bit rare with female players, and even more rare with smart ones that know so much about a game. I'm quite convinced Amidala is a female, but I won't go PM her, sending her messages like ''Oh my sweet princess, will you marry me? My beautiful woman, come closer!'' or something.

As for the 'chuckleheads', you're a senior member in the club, Kaia ;) (joking)

Many guys do rename to 'Daisy' or 'Sexy Jenny' in games, and they do get attention, with their female models in game.

The guys protect them like their life, and will turn into slaves for that person.

About SiN, I know them very well, and they do tend to give in to the girls. A girl member there (probably the one you mentioned, Rumor) kept running around being followed by all SiN members. They agreed with her on all points in every conversation, and gave her permission to be admin, along with other things.

Gah, how stupid. All I have to say is: Nice with a female that is smart enough to play a game, instead of the ones with the name 'Jenny' who run around asking me if I like cheerleading (it did happen once ;)).

BTW, you should see SWG. Most female characters you see there are actually guys. They do it for the items, many retards like those that become slave to girls, tend to give the female characters alot of items, just to suck up to them.

It's not like they're gonna meet up, anyway?

which one

Originally posted by //stratosph34r

No, i just don't want them pussywhipping the gaming scene. yeah, horny fanbois are idiots but the ladies aren't helping by turning a spotlight on themselves.

and yeah, most gaming chicks i've seen have been ugly. you say all the guys are too, but we ain't going' around flashing our ****ing pictures!

if stevie chase heard you she would kick your ass from here to uhm...well we'll not go there.

please go join the other dendrophiliacs in the hall.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Sorry, I was busy today, or I would have responded sooner. I will accept your complement about knowing so much about the game and not whine about the sexism because I hate whiners and whining.

I know it's unusual for females to be into gaming, but it's not that unusual. And like I said before, JK2 was my first online game, and honestly, I knew nothing about servers when I started in March. But when something catches my interest, I get obsessed with it and want to learn everything I can about it. I was the same way about birds, and computers, and bicycles, and other interests of mine. When I started running a server, I read a lot of stuff online and Jedi Runner taught me a lot. Of course, the best teacher was running my servers and having to figure out how to make them do what I wanted them to do. I've made lots of mistakes at first, and I'm still learning things all the time.

Yup. Stevie Case plays Quake, right?

oh yeah... but... gaming chicks are ugly...

Oh wait...

killcreek.jpg

What's that?! She's done a pictorial for Playboy?!!! She's attractive, smart AND into gaming???!

Crap, there goes that theory! ;)

Welcome to the 21st century, pinheads.

most of 'em are. that's what i originally said and i'm sticking to that. one moderately attractive chick with fake boobs that beat romero just because he wanted pussy and took a dive doesn't matter much. There goes your theory about my theory, whipping boy.

quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's unusual for females to be into gaming, but it's not that unusual. And like I said before, JK2 was my first online game, and honestly, I knew nothing about servers when I started in March. But when something catches my interest, I get obsessed with it and want to learn everything I can about it. I was the same way about birds, and computers, and bicycles, and other interests of mine. When I started running a server, I read a lot of stuff online and Jedi Runner taught me a lot. Of course, the best teacher was running my servers and having to figure out how to make them do what I wanted them to do. I've made lots of mistakes at first, and I'm still learning things all the time.

She beat John Romero at his own game

Yap yap yap. See what stupid fanbois encourage? Only a girl would feel comfortable yapping about herself like someone is supposed to give a ****. Really? WHaT iZ UR FAv0rite ColouR while you are at it? TELL ME MORE

Stupid ass mother****ing fanbois, encouraging this ****.

Yap yap yap. See what stupid fanbois encourage? Only a girl would feel comfortable yapping about herself like someone is supposed to give a ****. Really? WHaT iZ UR FAv0rite ColouR while you are at it? TELL ME MORE

I've seen a lot of guys that seem to feel comfortable yapping about themselves in servers. In fact, they all seem to be attracted to those same ****ing servers that clutter up the browser as a 3d interactive chat line.

Whew, thank goodness I edited that post, it was going to be longer :amidala:

My favorite color? Hmmm, let me see.....um, pink?, no wait......ummm.....mauve? no that's not it......hmmmm....well, teal is pretty......

most of 'em are. that's what i originally said and i'm sticking to that. one moderately attractive chick with fake boobs that beat romero just because he wanted pussy and took a dive doesn't matter much. There goes your theory about my theory, whipping boy.

blah blah blah stupid mother****er there are tons and tons and tons of MEN and BOYS out there who are doing interviews because of their gaming.

EVER HEAR OF JOHNATHAN WENDEL OR THRESH?

HOW ABOUT SK.SWE IN CS?

Wow, some people are rediculous. Gender is part of who you are no one should have to hide it because there are rabid hormone machines stalking around these games (well maybe they should for there own sake lol), but making these broad sweeping generalazations like "All girls just say they are girls to get attention" or "online girls are ugly!" is just stupid. Apparently you obtained pictures of the majority of girls that play online games which i find amazing! plus if you really just care about looks entirely you are going to end up with a stupid girl who falls for you shallow personality and ends up cheating on you in the end... but hey she was hot!!

What about people saying that girls just say they are women to get attention? I've seen these a lot of times before and it's true guys do suck up to them more. I got into a bit of a scrap with a girl on chop shop (I'm sure you read this Ami) and I ended up with about 5 other guys who werent even there when the argument started 2 maps ago now all dogging me. -oh and for future refrence don't get into fights with girls in a game cuz everyone will gang up on you lol- BUUUUUT not ALL girls are like that infact im sure the majority aren't. Probobly most girls play with non-gender defining names just to avoid the kind of people that the internet brings out (there's a girl in my clan who used to play under a male name for the longest time).

so in concluuusion if you are male - please respect the girls who play, by not being sexist and not humping their leg like a pre-neuterd puppy. and if you are female - don't use your gender to get ahead in anything, using people is terrible.

EDIT: Ohh by the way just wanted to say I used to know sk.swe in counter strike he would come into the server I always played on and get kicked for "cheating" (yes there are abusive, stupid admins in CS too).

hehe MOST girl gamers are ugly as butt...

I'm sure if your girlfriend played video games, she'd be the one exception, right? Oh what's that? Don't have a girlfriend?

Color me surprised.

Some of us don't make presumptions (or frankly give a hoot) about the gender of our online opponents. If you or the crowd you hang out with has this sort of childish pre-occupation, that's YOUR cross to bear.

FYI, tossing around expressions like "pussywhipped" or "stupid ass mother****ing fanbois" not only is inappropriate to these forums, but also solidifies the notion that you're nothing more than an immature cretin, trying desperately to sound "tough." Rather than insulting anyone here, you're just giving us an opportunity to laugh at your expense.

Thanks for the chuckle. :D

Originally posted by theguyincorner

Anyway, back on topic... Like I said before when you join a server just ask what the rules are or watch to see what everyone else is doing before you start saying "no laming" or "hey this is ffa why is no one fighting!!!" There are people maintaining and often paying for the server you are playing on. they set the rules not you. you have the privlage to play there it's not your god given right. so just respect the other players and above all the people who run the servers.

If it's not your style of server move on and find another.

Amen. If everyone played this way there would be no confusion, but I guess that simply asking what the rules are when you join is just to difficult a task for some people.

Guys, if you continue this disturbing flame war about women in video games this thread will be closed, and we were having a good discussion before this woman thing got in somehow...

Oh Dear :rolleyes:

I'm sorry Amidala, I should've stayed on topic... !!! It was one of my posts that bought up this whole gender thing ......

Posted by Astrotoy7......

I'm sorry Amidala, I really didnt think you were a lady, I just thought you were perhaps an effeminate bloke or a big fan of Natalie Portman's character..... eg. in days of old my handle name was JadesDestiny...after Mara jade, my fave character in the SW universe.

Really, how do you put up with these *boys* You must have the patience of a saint, and the tolerance of a martyr.....

Can someone start moaning about bowing or laming again.... if not, I can see this thread being closed...

some of you guys really need to grow up... quit with the sexist remarks.....

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by theguyincorner

and if you are female - don't use your gender to get ahead in anything, using people is terrible.

Why not, the male speices has being doing it for how long now? ;)

you are right though, using people sucks, and two wrongs don't make a right, pardon the cliche.

Atrotoy7,

Don't blame yourself for the stupidity of somepeople, we all know it was in good fun until the cavemen strolled in.

eniaC

Archived