Home

Get the Harbor Back!! *Petition*

DeadEyeDave

Hello all,

The harbor is ( or was ) for some members of this forum, a very special place..... back in the year 2000, or maybe even before that year, people talked about their lives to others, they shared love, sadness and laughter in "The Harbor".... this all took place on the most famous site in its days, "EscapeMI.Com" no-one knows what happened to this wonderfull site, and not to forget, this sites forum...

But to all great happiness, the forum continued on a different server called LucasForums.... and still "The Harbor" remained...

*A Great Silence*

When a couple days ago, I found an old dusty copy of the game: The Secret of Monkey Island, Once again I was busy playing this game, and so, i realized that I had to return to "The Harbor" to see al what had happened to it.... but with tears in my eyes, I saw that, The Harbor...................

was gone..............

So... "The Harbor" is for some of this forum a very special forum...

I Present::::

harbor.jpg

Please support us!!

and o yeah, if the destroyer of "The Harbor" ( no offense ) reads this.. u know what to do. :);)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what shall we do, simply sign our name? I think I may have posted once in the Harbor, when I got my name but hardly used it. However, The Harbor is a much more appropriate name for a piraty-themed forum. And is much shorter. And has sentimental value for some.

So.

Shivermetimbers

Mcuh as the new name doesn't bother me, I don't much care what it's called so I might as well help out trying to get one back that requires less typing.

I personally liked the Harbor, though I'm one of the few that are still here that are old enough members to find attachment to the name and memories. Now Most people dont have an opinion about the matter, but some want it back, therfore more people would be happy with The Harbor back, in my opinion, my logic says... however I must have missed this poll that was spoken of.

actually...the harbor isn't gone...note the same color scheme and everything...it's just under a different name. like an alias or something.

anyway, before i hated "life and how to live it", but it doesn't really make a difference to me right now. i guess the name doesn't matter to me because it's still the same place, with the same people, talking about the same kinds of things under a different name.

if you had posted this right after the name change had taken place...i probably would've signed. but now i don't really care, unfortunately. not to be rude or anything...

I think the reason why the name change happened was the old harborites were still doing their thing when the harbor was integrated, then some newbies came in and started joining the fun, then it got out of hand and the mods locked down a few topics, everyone complained, and the mods cynically changed it to it's present name. I have a feeling that in the vote the present title won out due to the anti-harbor bloc of Remi, Shutt, Thrik, Groovy, and Bennyboy. That's my guess.

Archived