Home

Maximum NPCs allowed

ronbrothers

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of NPCs allowed in JA? I remember that you could add quite a few NPCs to the NPC.CFG file in JO before the game would crash during load up.

Also, I've successfully been able to add new NPCs to JA without having to use modified names such as "rebornvader", "bespincophan" or "jediquigon". But the only way I've been able to get the game to recognize them is to add the .npc files to the assets.pk3 file (which I hate to do).

Does anyone know of a way to do this without messing with the original file? It doesn't seem to recognize an add-on file such as "newnpcs.pk3".

Thanks,

Ron Brothers

ronbrothers@earthlink.net

I haven't had any trouble with this at all so far. As long as your spawning them in SP the files don't even have to be in a PK3. At least I haven't needed to put them in a pk3.

Could you perhaps post a link to the file you're having problems with here, or maybe post the code of a specifig NPC that isn't working? That might help out with figuring out the problem.

After all this, I found that my original problem has been solved. I had forgotten to put the files in the correct folder within the pk3 file. But I have discovered the answer to my original question as well. There IS a limit to the number of npcs that the game will allow. Just not sure what the limit was. I had a fairly monster sized .npc pack going and when I tried to load the game, it crashed with the error message that there were too many npcs.

Originally posted by ronbrothers

After all this, I found that my original problem has been solved. I had forgotten to put the files in the correct folder within the pk3 file. But I have discovered the answer to my original question as well. There IS a limit to the number of npcs that the game will allow. Just not sure what the limit was. I had a fairly monster sized .npc pack going and when I tried to load the game, it crashed with the error message that there were too many npcs.

can you give us an estimate? Was is more than 50 or less? Putting more than one NPC in a file would seem logical. Clonetroopers is a good example. Battledroids as well. It's probably best to have all the NPC's based on the same playermodel in one file.

Archived