Home

Should Same Sex Marriage Be Allowed?

Reborn Outcast

Originally posted by Hiroki

One thing that REALLY makes me dislike gays is how touchy they are if you say even the slightest homophobic thing. Even in jest! If you mutter one little almost hardly noticable word, every gay, and gay-supporter on this forum runs and tries to bite your head off for it. Why do you guys over react so much?!

Homophobia is not to be taken lightly therefore we act on it. While I agree sometimes we overreact a bit, but there is no room for bigotous remarks, even in jest. You wouldn't want me to call you white trash even in jest.

Yes, its wrong for highschool kids to beat them, and maybe they should be allowed to be with each other, infact, I like that idea, the more they are with each other, the less they are with me...

as far as i know gay's will only date other gays ;)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And gays take jokes as well as anyone, as long as it's someone they know. It's like when a pair of friends of different races can use racial slurs to each other and not be offended. It's just a joke. But when some random person refers to everythign as Gay and calls homosexuals fags.....well, I get upset, as should they.

And I don't go around ridiculeing gays. If they hit on me, I'll 'hit on them' if you get my point.

I dont undersand, why do all homophobic men assume that every gay man on earth wants to hit on them? And lets pretend that they DID hit on you. HOLY crap, all you have to do is say, sorry man, i'm straight. Done, they're not going to pursue it because they aren't retarded.

How would you feel if you went up to a woman and hit on her, but it turned out she was a lesbian, and found men offensive, so she punched you in the face?

Well, for one thing, it has happened... *sigh* Its insulting becouse they can't tell. They're suppose to be able to tell there own kind from straight guys, or so they claim. If one hits on you, then it means you've clearly done something to make them think you are gay. I suppose I shouldn't hit them, I should hit myself for whatever I did to make them think that...

Well, if a lesbian hit me, I might laugh. Becouse it would be sorta funny when you think about it...But still, straight people are the majority, and when a man see's a woman ( Who I'm asumeing isn't a butch type, if she was, then the guy who hit on her deserved the punch. ) he asumes she's straight for that reason. But gay's are quite a bit rarer than straight people. They should be careful. Male gays, are for the most part, pretty abvious, so women don't tend to hit on them, so thats not an issue.

What gets me with things like jokes or flames or insults or whatever, is that so many people get so offended and/or defensive, but have no problem directing insults and hatred and applying generalizations of evil to any Christian who stands up for what they believe.

I believe that homosexuality is wrong. I believe that it is a sin (and no, Kain, being born is not a sin). But all I have to do is say that, and a string of insults and assumptions are aimed at me.

People who beat or kill homosexuals should have the book thrown at them. Throw them in jail. Hate crimes are wrong, no matter what the perpetrator uses to justify their acts.

I heard on the radio today that people in Oregon are protesting gay marriages there. The audio clip they played was of protestors shouting insults at gay couples.

First off, these people aren't convincing anyone of anything, except maybe to hate Christians...souting insults is no way to carry on a debate.

Second, it's just wrong. It's hateful and mean-spirited. These people don't seem to have a grasp on Christian Love.

Then there's this remark made by Kain in the

white males forum:

You would think that Christian's(what with their anti-gay mindsets) would be happy to watch AIDs jump from homosexual to homosexual and watch the entire mess of em die off in an agonizing manner(well, maybe not ALL Christians, but fundamentalists for sure). Way to love your fellow man.

Seeing as how I am considered a fundamentalist by many on this forum (or, at the very least, I have been called such), I could choose to be extremely offended by this. However, I know who I am, and I know that this is not what I believe.

People who do believe something like this should be institutionalized (in other words, send them to the loony bin).

I have to agree with many of you...I am also tired of hearing of so-called Christians beating or killing or berating homosexuals. They aparently have no concept of what Christianity is truly about, and they are an insult to the rest of us who practice our religion peacefully.

But I also get tired of having generalizations haphazardly flung upon me because I am not afraid to state what I believe.

To quote the President:

We should also conduct this difficult debate in a manner worthy of our country, without bitterness or anger.

I honestly wonder if the people of America on both sides of this debate have the maturity to conduct it "without bitterness or anger."

I personally find it flattering when a gay guy hits on me, I just tell them I'm not gay and thank them for the compliment sometimes even buy them a drink.

And saying all gay men are trying to "get you" in a sense is like saying all women want you. It's just unrealistic and egotistical. And as ET pointed out, unless the guy is flaming noone knows, look at elton john he went unknown for about 2 decades then he came out of the closet and wammo.

I don't see why you think retaliating to a man hitting on you with violence does justice. What if a woman you hit on swung at you not because she was gay but just because she didn't like you?

and you wonder why we "overreact", it's because you threaten violence just becacuse someone finds you attractive but they happen to not be of your liking.

also, not all lesbians have a mullet or crew cut and wear flannel vests and blue jeans. Some look like your "average" woman.

PS: I hate to have used the term average woman, but it seems to be the only way i could get my point across.

rccar, I have to disagree with you. You are by far the most repsectable person on the "other side" here. You use non violent expressions and big words. :)

While I dont' always agree with you, I respect you alot. I hope you realize that. And I respect your standing up for your beliefs, not many people can do that with as much dignity as you have shown. :)

I said I wouldn't hit them already, gah. Also, I completely agree with Rccar's post. Christians, true christians behave peacefully. They may not agree with homosexuality, but they won't go killing them, or injuring them.

Also, I didn't say me hitting on a lesbian would be funny, I said getting hit by one I hit on would be funny, read my posts, would you?

Originally posted by rccar328

What gets me with things like jokes or flames or insults or whatever, is that so many people get so offended and/or defensive, but have no problem directing insults and hatred and applying generalizations of evil to any Christian who stands up for what they believe.

I would like to point out that I have NEVER attacked ANYONE for being Christian, as I am actually....I guess I'm a pseudo-christian. I dont agree with all of the teachings, but I still hold some of the beliefs..

Pardon? So there are gay deers now? That must have slipped by me...

Many species of the animal kingdom routinely and predictably demonstrate homosexual and bisexual behavior. Most notably bonabo monkeys and dolphins. The former have very complex relationships that center around homosexual/bisexual ties that appear to serve the purpose of empowering the female of the species. Whatever the reason, politics seems to be the main focus of the relationships.

If you doubt what I'm saying, I can provide some sources that you can obtain from your school library.

I have personally observed oral sex between orangutans (males) and have photographic record of the event if interested.

But the short of it is: yes, homosexuality is natural.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

I have personally observed oral sex between orangutans (males) and have photographic record of the event if interested.

That was at the ft. worth zoo right? I remember I saw the male orangutans having sex with eachother then proceeded to mate with the females. Apparently it's some sort of symbolic fertile sign.

I am not even going to ask where you saw that, SkinWalker, only that it really freaks me out to imagen it... o.O

Hmmm.... I don't understand "freaks me out." What does this mean in that context? I suppose if one applied human sexuality hangups and fears along with various taboos (societal, religiocentric, and familial as well as personal taboos), one could become "freaked out."

But I didn't enter the observation looking through those lenses. I was gathering data (I'm an Anthropology/Archaeology major).

Leave behind the cloak and bonds of ignorance and you'll be amazed at what you can discover about the world.

Archived