Home

I think my face is frozen in happiness

BongoBob

I have finally saved up enough money for a next gen system. I can't get an x-Box, unfortunately. But I am getting a gamecube, and a whole bunch of my friends have it, so I can trade games with them. Not only that, but I am getting THUG, a BIGG huge memory card, a wabvebird, and the free Zelda disk(The first two on NES, and the two on 64). My mom won't let me get an x-box(she says that there are too many violent games on it :rolleyes: ), but I don't care! I finally get a next-gen console! And I get it tomarrow! So if I am not on here for a good month or so, It's either because my sniper failed to protect me, or I am playing games.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

YAY!

EDIT:Let me rephrase that. I saved up enough money for a gamecube. My parents and relatives are buying me everything else.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He thats why its good to live alone (to where you can buy what you want when you want it), but sadly it has a draw back, the money is needed to buy all this...but I'm saving for a cable line so screw consoles :)...although If I did have the money for the xbox and the cable line I would do that because of all the pimp ass games for that system. And for your presious gamecube, the only games that would be worth playing is the Rouge Squadron games, and oh the new mariokart...cause the old one was hours of fun :)

Oof, too bad you couldn't get the XBox. I own a Gamecube aswell, but I'm selling it soon. Too many kiddy games released for it for my tastes. Now the XBox has some kick@ss games on it, including the upcoming Deus Ex:Invisible war, and True Crime:Streets of LA, both of which are packed with gaming goodness;)

Well I own XBOX, PS2, and I am getting Gamecube for Christmas. Anyway to my point, PS2 is outdated I think the graphics suck and processor 233mhz. XBOX is great but is limited on good games, graphics are the best and processor is 733mhz. Gamecube has lots a games although some are very kiddy like. Graphics are very good but XBOX could do better, graphics powered by ATI. Processor in 400mhz range. Overall I am sick of the consoles I have so I am getting gamecube really for Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike.

Originally posted by DarkLord60

Well I own XBOX, PS2, and I am getting Gamecube for Christmas. Anyway to my point, PS2 is outdated I think the graphics suck and processor 233mhz. XBOX is great but is limited on good games, graphics are the best and processor is 733mhz. Gamecube has lots a games although some are very kiddy like. Graphics are very good but XBOX could do better, graphics powered by ATI. Processor in 400mhz range. Overall I am sick of the consoles I have so I am getting gamecube really for Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike.

Good man ;)

Originally posted by BongoBob

I have finally saved up enough money for a next gen system. I can't get an x-Box, unfortunately. But I am getting a gamecube, and a whole bunch of my friends have it, so I can trade games with them. Not only that, but I am getting THUG, a BIGG huge memory card, a wabvebird, and the free Zelda disk(The first two on NES, and the two on 64). My mom won't let me get an x-box(she says that there are too many violent games on it :rolleyes: ), but I don't care! I finally get a next-gen console! And I get it tomarrow! So if I am not on here for a good month or so, It's either because my sniper failed to protect me, or I am playing games.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

YAY!

EDIT:Let me rephrase that. I saved up enough money for a gamecube. My parents and relatives are buying me everything else.

Congrats my friend hopefully its everything you dreamed of lol ;)

Your very own GameCube Specs:

Gamecube

Thanks to the cross-platform gaming engine at its core and the way in which the processor and disk drive operate totally in sync, the GameCube from Nintendo provides a richly satisfying gaming experience and loading times are barely noticeable. Despite being just 3" in diameter, Gamecube discs contain up to 1.5Gb of information - massively expanding gameplay potential. The unique design is equally innovative and compact.

Features

• Contemporary cube shape

• 4 controller ports

• 2 memory card slots

• Capacity for future modem/broadband connection

• 485MHz custom CPU with 162MHz custom graphics processor

• 40MB total memory; 2.6 GB per second memory bandwidth

• 12M polygons per second; texture read bandwidth 10.4 GB per second

• 64 audio channels

• Dimensions 4.5" x 5.9" x 6.3"

Technical Data

ATI Flipper

• 162 MHz

• 4 pixel pipelines

• 1 texel per pixel pipeline

• 4 texels per clock cycle (4 pixels with 1 texel per pixel)

• Maximum of 8 texture layers per rendering pass (done in 8 clock cycles)

• 650 megapixels per second

• 650 megatexels per second

• Point, Bilinear, Trilinear, Anisotropic Mip-Map Filtering

• Perspective-Correct Texture Mapping

• Bump Mapping

• Environment Mapping

• 24-bit Z Buffer

• S3TC Texture Compression

• Subpixel Anti-Aliasing

• Geometry and Lighting Engine

• 33 million polygons per second (peak)

• 6 million to 12 million polygons per second (with effects)

• Hidden Surface Removal (HSR) based on early Z-test

• Virtual Texture Design

• 2MB Embedded Frame Buffer

• 1MB Embedded Texture Cache

• 10.4 gigabytes per second texture cache read bandwidth

• scene texture data stored in 24MB 1T-SRAM main memory

• 8.6 GFLOPS

• Custom Macronix 16-bit DSP Sound Processor

• 81 MHz

• 64 voices

• ADPCM encoding

• sound data stored in 16MB A-Memory

IBM Gekko CPU

• PowerPC

• 485 MHz

• 32-bit integer

• 64-bit floating-point

• 64KB L1 cache (32KB instruction + 32KB data)

• 256KB L2 cache

• 1125 Dhrystone 2.1 MIPS

• 1.94 GFLOPS

CPU external bus

• 64 bits wide

• 162 MHz

• 1.3 gigabytes per second bandwidth

Main Memory

• 24 Megabytes MoSys 1T-SRAM

• 64 bits wide

• 325 MHz

• 325 megabits per second per pin

• 2.6 gigabytes per second bandwidth

A-Memory

• 16 Megabytes DRAM

• 8 bits wide

• 81 MHz

• 81 megabits per second per pin

• 81 megabytes per second bandwidth

Storage

• 3-inch Optical Disc Technology (1.5 gigabytes)

• memory cards

Originally posted by Zbomber:

Theres only 1 game on there. Ocarina of time, it came out for N64. They also have Master Quest, which is the same exact thing basically, but its a little harder.

Actually, there's a second Zelda bonus disk you can get now for buying a Gamecube. It contains the first Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Extra incentive for buying a Gamecube, especially for Zelda fanatics.

I've had a Gamecube since Christmas of 2001, and it's been a blast to play. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do, BongoBob!

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

Actually, there's a second Zelda bonus disk you can get now for buying a Gamecube. It contains the first Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Extra incentive for buying a Gamecube, especially for Zelda fanatics.

Man alive...those were all classics and utterly amazing fun to play, I have fond memories of each :) You may just have helped tip me in favour of finally getting a GC myself Never! Of course, Wind Waker is also unbelievably good, well worth getting a GC for alone perhaps...

Who has the coolest Avatar, Bell or Tyrion? If I was bored enough to create a top 10, they'd both be in there :) TBH, I'm glad I'm not THAT bored...

the GC is a great system, and has some pretty awesome games (playing viewtiful joe while i wait for soul calibur to arrive).

Nintendo on the other hand are making horrendous marketing decisions with it. WHY have they only brought out 1 online game, it must be obvious by now that xbox live was a good idea. why do they insist on annoying all other publishers, and why didn't they make an N64 player?

THe second zelda bonus disk has annoyed me too, i went and payed extra for Wind Waker to get Ocarina of time, and now they are giving it away with Majora's Mask TOO, so now i have to buy games like mario kart that i don't want, just to get it. grrr...

Oh, and why isn't Sands of TIme out yet on GC???!? grrr!!!

Originally posted by Tyrion

Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, Rebel Strike, Eternal Darkness,Metriod Prime, ect. are all kiddy games, huh? :rolleyes:

Besides, the more kid-geared games are pretty cool(Mario Kart: Double Dash for instance, as well as Wind Waker).

Eheemm you don't read well I said some of them are kiddy games. Its pathetic how ppl don't read before the say things! And hell no those aren't kiddy games those games kick Arse.

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

I've had a Gamecube since Christmas of 2001, and it's been a blast to play. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do, BongoBob!

Yeh, I realised that at school today. ;)

I kinda swore out fo the blue, and everyone just stared at me. (I hate making stupid mistakes :p)

Edit - Darklord - I'm with you. I hate when people don't read my posts right, and they keep posting the same thing. :(

G'luck getting a 'Cube, Bob! XBox and PS2 consoles may be good, but do their Soul Caliburs have Link in 'em? Oh no they don't! :p

While Spawn may be the goods for the XBox version of SC, and Halo may be kicking arse, "Joe", Sonic, Samus, Link, Kirby (Yeah, I like "Air Ride." So what?), Maxi, Mega Man (Not that Network Transmission crap! I'm talkin' about the collection of classic Mega Man games coming out!), and Mario bring the music!

Well, I have $93 in the savings account right now, as I tyhpe. I am later going to my local gamestop and selling my:

• Unreal Tournament(Original, not gold version or 2k3)
  • Return to Castle Wolfenstein(Beat it many a times and don't play online)
  • Mega Man Legends
  • And maybe some of my old Genesis and Nintendo Games

Hopefully this will put me at around $130-150 dollars. If I have to, I'll even sell my regular Nintendo. Those things go for around $40 :eek: I didn't even buy UT or RtCW. A friend of mine gave them to me when he moved away. I have played them both and have not played them in a good 4 months, and don't even want to.

Originally posted by KBell

Mario Cart 64 was the first game i bought for the Nintendo 64 (The 2nd being 007:Goldeneye)

And yes, it was great fun, but I still prefer the XBox for its more mature games.

Urge to kill you: rising.

But hey, I can take it. :giggle1: I'd like an XBox too, but just for KOTOR.

I own a Game Cube, X-box and that relic whats it called?......oh yea a ps2

I don't really like the Xbox because most of the games are already on the other systems. Most of XBOX only games.......well they suck.

(DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT HALO)

The only Game I like is Mech Assault.

I would have sold it already but CBFDLU is coming out.

*points and laughs at BongoBob's mom*

How old are you Bongo, 9?

:lol:

Er... okay, that was a bad joke....

*gets hit by the moderators*

Well, I got my Xbox like 3 1/2 months ago,

Xbox System, Halo, and two generic $20 controllers, and a special made Disc case freebie = $300 Me, Chewbacco, and my sister all put in $100,three crisp bills total

TiE

Archived