Home

Falcon is ingame

NeoMarz1

Ok, I was really bored today, so I thought wouldnt it be cool to put the Millenium Falcon ingame. I mean the model is already finished right? So I quickly put it together, and it actually turned out to be pretty fun to cruise around in. Anyhow here is the screen. I will put it out as soon as I fix a couple of the mesh errors, and tweak the stats a bit. Mars out

falconfinal.jpg

Originally posted by Shotokan

DDUUUDDEE!!!! That's so awesome! Sadly... I can't use it... I don't have the game yet... *walks away in shame*

Dont feel like your missing out on too much. Vehicles are not the most playable thing in JA. It very awkward to use em, but it is fun :D One thing to keep in mind, the game was never intended to be a vehicle simulator. AOTC/TC is going to try and make vehicles a more playable part of JA, So eventually we will get something together that is more playable. I invision a squad of clones packing into the Republic gunship and doing a drop at the enemie's front door. Of course we will need to make a map that supports that, but its an idea. Mars out

Originally posted by Manquesa

wasn't imyourfather working on this? whatever happened to that.

That's because I tried to weight the model, so it could have a landing and flying animation. What marz did so far, can't even shoot. But that's just the begining, I'm sure it will be great once he finishes with it :cool:

Originally posted by imyourfather

It's not his! It's from the game!

What he did, was adding bones, compiling, and attaching a veh and npc file.

Correct me if I fogot something

EDIT:Oops, I did, I fogot the exhust tags :p

Are you gonna animate it? It could be sweet :cool:

I know we've been discussing this in the AOTCTC forums.

Originally posted by imyourfather

It's not his! It's from the game!

What he did, was adding bones, compiling, and attaching a veh and npc file.

Correct me if I fogot something

EDIT:Oops, I did, I fogot the exhust tags :p

Are you gonna animate it? It could be sweet :cool:

You know its true it is from the game, but I have put in a lot of hours to get all these out. At least give me that much credit. You already know that I could model these if I wanted to, so really its not even worth the mention. I chose to put these out cuz I love Star Wars. Sometimes you need a break from modeling, and need more time to focus on the technical aspects of getting a model ingame.

Am I going to animate it? No I'm not. I dont know how to do that yet. But I have had experiance in cell animation, so I'm sure I could handle it. I have animated some 3Dmodels within StudioMax, so eventually I will figure it all out. I only learn these things with the spare time I have (which isnt much), but I have tons of experiance that could take me as far as I want to go, should I choose too.

On top of that, I have plenty of my own vehicles coming out, these were just for quick fun.

Not only that but I have already mentioned that I did not model this, just look up the thread a bit.

Getting Kudos for compiling is O.K. too! By the way "Raven" did an excellent job making these, but they get paid for it! I dont! I could do incredible things if I got paid for it. Try putting in some creative time when you got a family, a job, and the "Man" coming down on you!!! (that last part was a bit of sarcasm)

....Oh by the way, files should be ready for download, ahem

:angel::angel::angel: Download Notice:angel::angel::angel:

Keep checking our site most of these vehicles will be showing up for download.

http://www.aotctc.com/site/

:angel: Mars out :angel:

Mars out

Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk

Mars, you're good at getting stuff done = )

I guess you're 'ok' at skinning, I might even say you're good at modeling if I was feeling generious. But you're good at getting stuff done.

(Saracasm)

Gosh:( (tears of happiness)... I dont know what to say. I'm choked up.

Well if that's the best you can do ;) Mars out

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

You know its true it is from the game, but I have put in a lot of hours to get all these out. At least give me that much credit. You already know that I could model these if I wanted to, so really its not even worth the mention. I chose to put these out cuz I love Star Wars. Sometimes you need a break from modeling, and need more time to focus on the technical aspects of getting a model ingame.

Am I going to animate it? No I'm not. I dont know how to do that yet. But I have had experiance in cell animation, so I'm sure I could handle it. I have animated some 3Dmodels within StudioMax, so eventually I will figure it all out. I only learn these things with the spare time I have (which isnt much), but I have tons of experiance that could take me as far as I want to go, should I choose too.

On top of that, I have plenty of my own vehicles coming out, these were just for quick fun.

Not only that but I have already mentioned that I did not model this, just look up the thread a bit.

I know you did! I told it to the people who seemed to think you made the model

You know I love you since you skinned my snow speeder ;)

Originally posted by ZH@o YuN

If you used the yt-1300.veh file and added the extra tags (bot_pitch, gun_yaw, gun_pitch etc) you could have got the turrets working... They already work on the Lambda (almost) so I'm guessing they would work on the yt-1300 with the proper tags :D

Well Id like to do that, but what else is needed? Do I need to separate the actual gunpods? Or does it just allow you to direct your fire? Give me more details, cuz Id like to know. Mars out

OK, heres the turrets part of the yt-1300:

//turret 1

turret1Weap yt_turbolaser

turret1Delay 100

turret1AmmoMax 240

turret1AmmoRechargeMS 500

turret1YawBone guntop_yaw

//NOTE: we're setting YAW on ROLL because NPC_SetBoneAngles makes assumptions about our bone orientation that aren't true in this case

turret1YawAxis 2

turret1PitchBone guntop_pitch

//NOTE: we're setting PITCH on YAW because NPC_SetBoneAngles makes assumptions about our bone orientation that aren't true in this case

turret1PitchAxis 1

//turret1ClampYawL

//turret1ClampYawR

turret1ClampPitchU -90

turret1ClampPitchD 20

turret1Muzzle1 3

turret1Muzzle2 4

turret1TurnSpeed 10

turret1Delay 100

turret1AmmoMax 120

turret1AI 1

turret1AILead 1

turret1AIRange 15000

turret1PassengerNum 1

turret1GunnerViewTag "*turretview_t"

//turret 2

turret2Weap yt_turbolaser

turret2Delay 100

turret2AmmoMax 240

turret2AmmoRechargeMS 500

turret2YawBone gunbot_yaw

turret2YawAxis 2

turret2PitchBone gunbot_pitch

turret2PitchAxis 1

//turret2ClampYawL

//turret2ClampYawR

turret2ClampPitchU -20

turret2ClampPitchD 90

turret2Muzzle1 1

turret2Muzzle2 2

turret2TurnSpeed 10

turret2Delay 100

turret2AmmoMax 120

turret2AI 1

turret2AILead 1

turret2AIRange 15000

turret2PassengerNum 2

turret2GunnerViewTag "*turretview_b"

The lines in blue are tags, and the bones are in red.

I'm guessing that the GunnerViewTags are the tags which represent where the gunner's view is... and I'm sure the bones for pitch, yaw, etc have to be linked to the guns (and yes, I do think you have to seperate the gunpods)

I hope that helps, if I find anything else out I'll let you know.

PS. The Raven's Claw view seems to be orientated around the front instead of the middle, could you fix that?

(I'd do all this myself, but I don't have 3DSMax and I can make fully animated vehicles in MilkShape but they won't convert into GLMs ><)

Archived