Home

Wav to Imc Converter

EXOTrident

If we get to talk sometime, bg, I can give you the properly written code - non-assembly. :) And in "THE NEW WW CODING STANDARD" - without nasty user interface mixed completely into the non-platform-specific code :)

But then... I guess by now you don't need it ;)

- Serge

Originally posted by EXOTrident

I would really appreciate it if someone made one... hell I would be very tempted to pay 50 bucks or more just to get someone to program a free version of it for the XWA, and other communities to use.

If you pay Serge $50, I know he'll do it right away ;)

Bribes are good... :)

Or maybe it would...

I hope you DO mean .IMC (as used in Grim Fandango - I don't have XWA) and not .IMX (as used in CMI)

Actually, wrote a compressor for .IMC over the past two days. It takes any amount of 16 bit wave files and converts them to .IMC, complete with iMUS, MAP headers etc. It's all explained in the readme.txt.

Uploading it now. Licensed on GPL.

See further down for links (the ones that used to be in this post are outdated)

More on that issue...

IF we're talking GF .IMC, it's NOT 12 bit, as Ben suggested, but rather a variable bit rate compression scheme. More on that in the readme.txt also.

Tomas, please add it to LucasHacks! if you feel like it, don't intend to keep it on the university server.

There are still things to do on it, obviously, it was written quite quickly. Tested it with 5 or 6 different songs and it performed quite nicely (with compression ratios around 3:1 - a good deal better than .zip at least, but then, VIMA is lossy).

It introduces most artifacts with audio containing quick, short bursts (such as fast drum beats), but not so much that it's noticable by someone who didn't hear the original ;)

- Serge

No reply? Good then, I take that to mean noone's downloaded it. The version I posted yesterday had a bug, which meant that though the output files would play fine in SCUMMRev, Grim Fandango would ignore them. So, putting up a new version now, which certainly works for GF (tested with Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party replacing the music for Manny's Office - which also proved that GF plays 44.1kHz music files just fine).

.exe: http://www.stud.hum.ku.dk/jimmith/VIMA_1.0.1.12.zip

Source: http://www.stud.hum.ku.dk/jimmith/VIMAsource_1.0.1.12.zip

- Serge

Oh, the format used for EMI voices is quite the same (the WVC files, not the AIFF ones ;)), although it's just a compressed RIFF WAVE file, rather than a compressed iMUSE digital file. So, could add support for EMI output too. Next year.

- Serge

• 3 years later...
Excellent stuff, it works great and it comes with the source as a christmas bonus!

Well done that man.

Was just wondering if anyone can tell me or direct me to a program that converts wav files into imc files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

are the sound files in Grim Fandango actually 22050 Hz? that's what i got when i ripped them. when playing the game the sound appears to be richer, though, as opposed to listening to the ripped files alone. Then again, I could be wrong because in the game other sounds are mixed in. Couldn't find a definiate answer to this, so I'm posting here, because the topic was touched earlier in this thread.

greetings

Archived