Home

'Melee Mod' is awesome!!!

mariners2001

Wow! This is definitely the best mod so far for JKA so far (though that isn't saying much due to the lack of editing tools/SDK).

The weapons are amazing...I'm going to have to investigate the pk3 file to see how they did this. And the blood...umm...whoa...it splatters on your face and such....nasty but effective.... ;) ....Also you can completely whack people around with some heavy clubs and such....good stuff....also the 'Wolverine' claws are insanely cool - leaving scratch marks on the opponents!!

Download this if you haven't already....the link on LucasFiles is up:

http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=327

Awesome!! Two thumbs up!!

EDIT: Wow....hilt-makers be aware...check out this .sab file...tons of commands i never knew existed!

axe1

{

name "Battle Axe"

saberType SABER_SINGLE

saberModel "models/weapons2/axe1/axe1.glm"

soundOn "sound/weapons/sword/draw1.wav"

soundLoop "sound/effects/null.wav"

soundOff "sound/weapons/sword/swing4.wav"

numBlades 3

saberLength 22

saberRadius 4

saberLength2 18

saberRadius2 3

saberLength3 12

saberRadius3 2

saberstylelearned strong

saberstyleforbidden fast

saberstyleforbidden medium

saberstyleforbidden tavion

saberstyleforbidden dual

saberstyleforbidden staff

twohanded 1

throwable 0

noWallMarks 1

noDlight 1

noBlade 1

noClashFlare 1

trailStyle 1

g2MarksShader "gfx/damage/bloodcutmark"

g2WeaponMarkShader "gfx/effects/bloodsplat"

spinSound "sound/weapons/saber/saberspinoff.wav"

swingSound1 "sound/weapons/sword/swing_low1.wav"

swingSound2 "sound/weapons/sword/swing_low2.wav"

swingSound3 "sound/weapons/sword/swing_low3.wav"

hitSound1 "sound/weapons/sword/stab_hard1.wav"

hitSound2 "sound/weapons/sword/stab_hard2.wav"

hitSound3 "sound/weapons/sword/stab_hard3.wav"

blockSound1 "sound/weapons/sword/block_low1.wav"

blockSound2 "sound/weapons/sword/block_low2.wav"

blockSound3 "sound/weapons/sword/block_low3.wav"

blockEffect "sparks/spark.efx"

hitPersonEffect "sword/hitperson.efx"

hitOtherEffect "sparks/spark.efx"

noIdleEffect 1

knockbackScale 1

damageScale 2

breakParryBonus 1

parryBonus 1

lockable 0

lockBonus -1

blocking 0

disarmBonus 1

onInWater 1

bounceOnWalls 1

moveSpeedScale 0.8

animSpeedScale 0.8

noStabDown 1

noManualDeactivate 1

}

So even a no blade option without messing with the saber effects and such...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Thrawn42689

When I try to start it, I get this message:

Anyone know how to fix this?

You probably have other mods in your base dir, this is inadvisable as the different pk3 files can conflict. Really, all mods should be in their own dir...

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Heh, now someone will have to make a "Kill Bill" mod... :)

LOL! YEAH!!!

"Kill Bill" kicked ass! By the way, ChangKhan, why weren't some of these commands added to the default .sab file read-me thingy? Just curious, but I know others could definitely take advantage of little things like that....

Originally posted by mariners2001

LOL! YEAH!!!

"Kill Bill" kicked ass! By the way, ChangKhan, why weren't some of these commands added to the default .sab file read-me thingy? Just curious, but I know others could definitely take advantage of little things like that....

Yeah, for the patch, I added a ton of new fields into the .sab file... there should be a template.sab or a readme or something somewhere in the pk3 files... (I gave it to some people, looks like it's in the melee.pk3, too!)

Sweet... I bet someone could make a Matrix mod for Jedi Academy that's 10 times better than "Enter the Matrix"... :D

That's our goal, actually. :p

The Matrix: Unplugged

Anyway, I found out what was causing the problem. I couldn't play it because I didn't have the 1.01 patch installed. I hadn't installed the patch because it gave me an "invalid directory" error. Turns out the error occured because my game CD was in the drive. :(

Sweet... I bet someone could make a Matrix mod for Jedi Academy that's 10 times better than "Enter the Matrix"... :D

[edit]heh, thrawn got here first, same mod, but yeah[/edit]

You know... its funny that you brought that up. This stuff is absolutally awesome, and i lead the matrix unplugged mod for jedi academy. Do you have some instant messenger i could talk to you with? I have the following:

AIM: CazorFett

MSN: Cazor_Fett@hotmail.com

If you could message me that would be awesome.

Great job on this, too.

Yeah, for the patch, I added a ton of new fields into the .sab file... there should be a template.sab or a readme or something somewhere in the pk3 files... (I gave it to some people, looks like it's in the melee.pk3, too!)

Whoa...never knew that was added! Very cool stuff! Thanks ChangKhan!

And since I still see you around - I had a couple of Q's Chang....

1) Anyway we can make it so the blades can't deflect projectiles? This is sort of a must for sword mods...unless it's just sword-vs-sword combat...

2) Is it possible to keep the marks (saber slashes/cuts) on the player character to stay forever....I hate how they disappear...It'd be kind of cool to see how your character looks after a massive battle...hehe

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by mariners2001

And since I still see you around - I had a couple of Q's Chang....

1) Anyway we can make it so the blades can't deflect projectiles? This is sort of a must for sword mods...unless it's just sword-vs-sword combat...

2) Is it possible to keep the marks (saber slashes/cuts) on the player character to stay forever....I hate how they disappear...It'd be kind of cool to see how your character looks after a massive battle...hehe

Any thoughts?

Hmm, not sure, never tried either of those. You may be able to set "blocking" to 0 in the .sab file... I think it'll still block projectiles that hit it, but it won't auto-block? Probably need a modder to add another field to the .sab file (and I thought I thought of everything!) But if you're doing a real-world mod, bullets and that sort of thing are just traces (instant-hit) and wouldn't hit the blades anyway. Normal projectiles (like, say, an arrow) should be hittable by swords, so... probably don't need to mess with it...?

As for keeping the marks around longer... I don't think that's possible without a code change (I think the cg_g2marks acts differently in MP than in SP, but I don't think it controls how long the marks last). Your game would chug quite a bit, though, if marks stuck around forever, that's adding a lot of polys everytime it makes a ghoul2 mark on a player model!

I noticed a bug, and I've the feeling it isn't the melee mod's fault.

OK. Select claws on one hand, single saber. Note it has fast style.

Now, after applying it and suiciding so it shows, select dual sabers and place two claws. Suicide.

Notice how the dual claws still have fast style, kata included?

Now suicide again. The dual claws now are dual style (And the barrier doesn't work properly)

So I imagine it's a bug in the saberStyle cvar, not the mod... Since it specifies TAVION, yet is completely ignored.

ADDITION: Attempt to forbid dual style in any single weapon, and learn another, say Strong. Now try to use it as a dual. Notice it ignores the cvar to forbid, and attempt to swap to strong results in the cursor moving, then immediately switching?

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

I noticed a bug, and I've the feeling it isn't the melee mod's fault.

Heh, yeah, the saber combat system was never intended to be able to switch from one style to another in so many twisted, rapid ways... :) I'm not surprised, frankly, that doing so causes some oddness... :/

What bothers me though is that a particular cvar is seemingly ignored entirely (saberStyle), unless the readme isn't telling us something. Is there something you have to do to get it working?

There is no "saberStyle" cvar (cvar = console variable) that I know of... do you mean the "saberStyle" key in the .sab file? Are you talking about SP or MP?

Oops, yes, that key. In MP, yes. (I thought it was called a cvar, heh.)

It may act differently in MP, the saberstyle cycling rules and mechanics were written completely seperately from the SP saberstyle stuff I did and I'm not too familiar with it... :/

Archived