'Melee Mod' is awesome!!!

mariners2001

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*eyes bug out* SDK???

Wooo hooo!!!

==============

PS: I tried out Melee Mod 1.0 online. Sadly the blood is greatly subdued (probably to cut cpu usage) and there's no blood on clothing or weapons. The weapons work like a charm though!

Plus the lightsabers are still available (and still act like lightsabers). Neat!

Im loving this thing to bits, shame you run out of enimies and have to suicide out into the cold vacuum of space.

All the varied weapons behaviours are simply superb, and seeing the wolverine claws made me want to go back to my aborted 'saber-gauntlet' idea i had playing outcast.

And the blood is amazing, no suitable for lightsabers which cautarise, but great for all the blades.

Some ideas that I may put to the guys that made this:

Kill Bill mod- I guess were all thinking the resturant and the Crazy 88 as a Ladder game?

Right-handed shield that uses the boxing/unarmed style and can be thrown for a Captain America effect.

Any kind of single player story game, or just normal levels.

I really hope we see more from these guys.

Not to sound like a *us*y or anything but I think It would be really cool of you could turn on or off the blood. Some parents dont like that stuff.....

for an example

cg_bloodgore 1 "default 0 "

g_bloodgore 1 "default 0"

or something like that

BTW: is there a way to view a rancor model with md3 viewer without having jk3..

I REALLY WANT TO!!

but I dont have jk3 yet :(

One thing I liked about this is that the blood only works on the cutting weapons. Hammers just pound, and when you use blasters or lightsabers they act the same they would without the mod. Sabers still close the wound, while a pair of claws make blood splatter everywhere.

Originally posted by SpecialForces

Not to sound like a *us*y or anything but I think It would be really cool of you could turn on or off the blood. Some parents dont like that stuff.....

for an example

cg_bloodgore 1 "default 0 "

g_bloodgore 1 "default 0"

or something like that

BTW: is there a way to view a rancor model with md3 viewer without having jk3..

I REALLY WANT TO!!

but I dont have jk3 yet :(

Speaking as a parent I would second that.

Yep this weapon pack does rock, we've been playing with it on our server all day... Everyone loved it.

I think I'll keep it uploaded if anyone wants to play come on over and get Bopping people with the giant hammer. =)

66.98.176.173:29070

I also uploaded a fix for the claw weapon, it's not as damaging anymore. The reason the original is so damaging is because it acts as 3 sabers, coupled with the fact that it has a damage scale of 2 and that the forward slash has 6 separate sabers hitting you at once... It's no wonder it kills in one hit. =)

Anyway, here we've put it at 2 sabers per claw and .85 damagescale so it takes 3 or 4 good hits to get a kill now. We also did away with the wonky field of view changes, didn't like those at all...

Originally posted by eniaC

Maybe Amidala from Chop Shop would run it, she has a melee server up occasionally. :giveup:

I have uploaded the melee mod to my #2 server 66.98.177.150 and requested that my host make the necessary command line change to start the mod. However, he just left on vacation tonight, although he said he'll still check his email, so it may take awhile before he responds.

Hopefully I'll be running it in the next few days. This is a professionally-hosted 16-player server sharing a box that has dual Xeon with OC-3 connection. I don't know when it will launch, so the lightsabers might be nerfed until I can write a new config file.

Amidala, I have the same problem... That is to say, I do not have direct control over the command line and the parameters needed to start my server using a different game folder. However because this pack does not modify any game code whatsoever, you can safely put it in your server's base folder and have anyone that wishes to use the new weapons put a copy of the pk3 file in their respective base folders as well. You can stop your server and delete the file when you're done.

This is, of course, not the correct way of doing it, but it works fine when you're in a hurry. :)

WooooO! We played the heck out of that mod last night and boy was it fun!

Lathain won, I came in last (until Grim saved my rep, thanks Grim, j/k). ; )

Of course we learned how dodgy the Battlehammer and Claws were... and we never did figure out how to get the blood flowing like it did in SP (think we saw maybe 1 blood decal the whole evening, although I did see some gray streaks on my model once or twice). Starting to gain a few favorites among the weapons, like the Lirpa.

The mod doesn't feel very balanced, but I know that wasn't the point, the point was just to show what could be done with the melee weapons!

Archived