Home

'Melee Mod' is awesome!!!

mariners2001

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now the mod is geared more towards SP I'd say, mostly because of the blood problem and the balance issues.

However, that doesn't mean the that it couldn't BECOME a better MP mod.

Again, the point of this mod was as a demo of what could be done (according to the authors), so in that I think it does a fine job.

Originally posted by Kurgan

WooooO! We played the heck out of that mod last night and boy was it fun!

Lathain won, I came in last (until Grim saved my rep, thanks Grim, j/k). ; )

LOL atleast I didn't come in last:p. Tesla went to spec then rejoined and saved me

It was tons of fun though.:D

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Sorry folks, changed my mind. There are too many cool mods coming out. I'll be putting xMod on Chop Shop #1 and #2. If I do melee at all, it will be on the upcoming Chop Shop #3 only until the almost-finished Instagib mod for JA comes out. Then #3 will be going Instagib.

Yeah, your server will fill up faster that way, most melee servers I've seen don't get that many people on them, wise choice.

Originally posted by eniaC

Yeah, your server will fill up faster that way, most melee servers I've seen don't get that many people on them, wise choice.

possibly because it involves downloading the mod... although i haven't seen any melee servers period.

This mod has been great. I have seen great things while playing this. My only complaint is that on some of the SP levels, some of the texture (not on the weapons, on the walls and floors themselves) come up missing. I'll try to post some pics later if someone can give me a good site to go to and use.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Looks like two in fact:

http://pcgamemods.com/3228/

http://pcgamemods.com/3238/

-----------------------------------

PS: Boycott Omnimod! Shame on the author for releasing it with all the amlame commands. ; p

Thankfully he didn't release the source though. Thank goodness for small blessings...

Don't use 3228 if you want to keep lightsabers.

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Hey, jk2files.com has the music pk3 for this mod up... the map randomly plays one of these pieces when you jump out of the pit. I have it and it's pretty cool (my favorite is the song from "Kill Bill"... :)

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=20914

Does anybody know what songs the files "smack" and "busychild" are? I opened the pk3 to see what was there. Can't identify these two.

Melee mod IS awesome, though there wasn't any music (if it was then probably i screwed something up) but to cure that i played smack my bitch up like in the old ladder one..good ol times. The weapons are awesome, a bit too monotonous in colour, and the long pikeman weapons with the shuriken (throwing stars) were certainly the best, gonna play it lots of times but then change the weapons each time

*gives 4 stars to mod*

edit: nvm i'll download that music thingy from jk2files

Originally posted by defalc

Does anybody know what songs the files "smack" and "busychild" are? I opened the pk3 to see what was there. Can't identify these two.

"smack" is from Kill Bill and "busychild", I think, is "O! Fortuna" by Carl Orff (used in a lot of trailers for movies, and used in "Excalibur").

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

Melee mod IS awesome, though there wasn't any music (if it was then probably i screwed something up) but to cure that i played smack my bitch up like in the old ladder one..good ol times. The weapons are awesome, a bit too monotonous in colour, and the long pikeman weapons with the shuriken (throwing stars) were certainly the best, gonna play it lots of times but then change the weapons each time

*gives 4 stars to mod*

edit: nvm i'll download that music thingy from jk2files

If you're playing in SP, you just need to go to jk2files.com and download the Melee Mod music pack... then put it in your melee folder...

Archived