Home

What's New?

razorace

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the SDK just came out, I'm currently lightly scanning thru things and figuring them out. I've already determined how the saber collisions have been improved.

Basically, the old saber entity is still in play. Whenever a "attacking" saber scan hits a saber entity, the game dynamically creates a more specific hitbox (manually) and checks to see if they collide.

I have dibs on doing the improved saber system for Enhanced. :D

I'm almost finished with the RGB Saber Color Code. I'm putting the final touches to the rgb options in both the main and ingame menus.

I have finished the Force Fall code and I am waiting to incorporate it into the OJP Enhanced Project.

May also be a good idea to grab any non-duped textures too. The only pack I've seen out on the net didn't do that. It not only screws up the current textures but is a hefty size too.

*edit*

and the legality of it is also in question if setup for download. Unless like you propose it rips straight from disk.

Ok, got view locking working. It needs some tweaking (like figuring out a way to prevent lower block positions from "dragging" on the ground.) but other than that I think it's working pretty good. It adds a fair amount of feel to the saber impacts.

Should I make uploads to the repository for this stuff or should I wait til it's to a "releasable" stage? I'm thinking that it would be nice to maybe create a seperate branch for my saber system work that will exist for stages where it works but isn't really done yet.

Well, my thinking is that people will probably want to try it out before it's released to the public. If I'm the only one with a copy, noone else can make comments until I consider it "releasable". Since this is a pretty important part of the game, I'm sure everyone will want a say in how it turns out.

Archived