Home

What's New?

razorace

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Basic beta DL updated.

PCGameMods is down (at least at the time of this post), right on the day when I got my server converted to AMD... and planned to download Basic to upload it to the server... could you perhaps provide another download source for OJP Basic, or do these PCGameMods downtimes only last a short while?

Thanks. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I reached a nice milestone today. I was successfully able to make a weapon appear to be visually holstered without requiring the special models that were nessicary in previous versions of OJP.

I hope to have this feature fully operational in a week or so (I'm very busy with school work).

Also, in the works is the long awaited port of the SP NPC navigation code. This has proven to be pretty tricky but I'm making progress.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And now there's a nice snapshot release of Basic v0.1.0. There's a lot of new stuff in here so be sure to check out the changelog. The file can be found on...pcgamemods

Version 0.1.0

New Features:

BugFix16 - Fixed a problem with turrets' splash damage missing a "method of death". This was screwing up the death messages for people that died from getting hit by turret splash damage.

BugFix17 - Fixed a problem where bots were getting bumped from the game incorrectly whenever a human player tried to spectate a bot.

Improvements/Fixes:

AdminSys - Altered team balancing behavior so that the bot/human balance is only checked when the teams are completely balanced. This was done to fix a problem with the bot/human balancer doing conflicting switches when the team balancer was attempting to even the teams.

Asteroids - Fixed bug where the enhanced kill messages for players getting killed by vehicles weren't displaying properly.

CoOp - Fixed backwards compatibility issue with the way JKO sets the enemy to "the player" by using the keyword "kyle" instead of "player".

Chat Spam Protection - Fixed problem with chat spam protection blocking all messagemode3 and messagemode4 messages.

Holstered Weapons - The position of the holstered weapons can now be configured on a per-skin basis using holster.cfgs. This operates very similar to the sounds.cfg files. IE, the holster.cfg for a red team skin would be holster_red.cfg and the default holster.cfg for a model is simply holster.cfg. See the premade holster.cfgs for the file format information.

- Added holstered weapon debugging cvars so that players can tweak their holstered weapons in real-time during the game. (ojp_holsteredweapons, ojp_holsterdebug, ojp_holsterdebug_boneindex, ojp_holsterdebug_posoffset, ojp_holsterdebug_angoffset)

RGB Sabers: Added cvar (ojp_teamrgbsabers) to allow players to see RGB sabers instead of team-based colors during team games.

True View - Fixed possible memory leak involving True View's config file parser not closing the file after reading it.

New Cvars:

Holstered Weapons:

ojp_holsteredweapons 2 - controls how holstered weapons are rendered.

ojp_holsterdebug 0 - Controls the debugging of the holster system. Value sets which type of holstered weapon is being debugged.

ojp_holsterdebug_boneindex 0 - Controls which bone that the current debug holsterType is based off of.

ojp_holsterdebug_posoffset "0.0 0.0 0.0" - Controls the positional offset for the current debug holsterType.

ojp_holsterdebug_angoffset "0.0 0.0 0.0" - Controls the angular offset for the current debug holsterType.

RGB Sabers:

ojp_teamrgbsabers 0 - Controls the saber blade colors during team games.

Hmmm...JKO support eh? Last time I tried to use JKO in JA, I had all sorts of AI path issues on the first level. I had a JKO conversion mod going for awhile -- had new UI, you could change Kyle's clothes, saber color, length, hilt -- all on one menu. I might pick it up again if pathing works right.

Which reminds me. If I do reinstall the game, I'll have to create a SP 'post level' variation menu that allows you to change appearance (but not species) after each level. (Ever think it was funny that you always had the same clothes on?... I mean, for days on end?)

New Basic v0.1.1 (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/17712.html)

This is another quick update to get the latest features out into the open for use on the OJP beta server. The major changes from last release are /centersay, Map URLs, and the improvements to the auto team balancing system.

=============================================================================

Version 0.1.1:

New Features:

AdminSys:

- Added /centersay command to enable admins to print messages in the center of player's screens in nice big text. Just treat this command like /say.

BugFix18 - Fixed a problem with certain bolted items (holstered weapons, flags, and siege items) not updating properly while the player is riding a vehicle.

BugFix19 - Fixed problem with game not properly displaying any message over 50 characters long with center print.

Map URLs (MapURLs):

This feature allows server admins to display an URL to download a map if a client doesn't have the map. Simply add the map's download URL to "mapURL" (a cvar). This feature requires that OJP to be running on their machine.

Improvements/Fixes:

AdminSys:

- Auto team balancing restrictions now apply to players joining teams. If you wish to switch teams when the balancer is in full effect, you're going to have to talk someone into spectating before moving to the other team.

CoOp - Objective related messages are no longer cut off after 50 characters. See BugFix19.

Holstered Weapons:

- Fixed problem with the "disabled" holster option throwing a bunch of error messages ingame. Also tweaked the holster.cfg documentation a bit on that subject.

- Fixed problem with holstered weapons not sticking to player properly while riding vehicles. See BugFix18.

RGB Sabers - Black saber now has white core in saber blur trail.

True View:

- Fixed problem with True View screwing up the sniper view if cg_trueguns is active.

- Changed default cg_truefov to 80 to make the visuals look more like the normal view.

New Cvars:

mapURL - Setting this cvar to a map's download URL will display this URL to players that don't have the map.

You mean the saber throw animation? I don't think you ever actually sent it to me. Please note that the current throw setup uses a horizontal spinning throw (like basejka) rather than Keshires vertical spin. The vertical spin just didn't look right so I switched it back.

FYI, the throw system is finished and working. I've noticed some visual errors involving the dual sabers but the basic system works fine.

I've discovered a problem with the AI bots that I accidently introduced into the code when I tried to get the TABBots to work on siege_endor. Sorry about that.

I've created a special mini-patch for the beta server and the fix will be in the next OJP release. If you need/want it any earlier, just contact us.

Hi

I was just wondering, for the next release if it would be possible to add a Last man standing Team FFA mode? You know, kind of similar to MBII gameplay, but without all the obj's and stuff. Or, if you know of a mod which enables this already, could somone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Daniel

Yes I have heard of that, but JA+ doesnt have the things like Holstered weapons and such, but since OJP and MBII borrow elements from eachother, wouldnt it be possible to take it from them?

Oh and one question: In the current version of Enhanced, what is the button for blocking? And when is the next enhanced version expected for release?

Thanks for your time,

Daniel

MB2 is actually using a modified version of the Siege gametype rather than something team-FFA based. It would be easier to impliment it from scratch rather than attempting to "port" it from what was done in the MB2 code.

As for blocking in the current version, there is no blocking button. Blocking is automatic. However, to attempt to parry attacks, you just need to move into the direction of the attack.

Finally, I don't know how the next version of Enhanced will be. I'm sort of hoping to finish SP Navigation code port before working on Enhanced again. We will see.

like some SP's NPC ride swoop bike and chase player ..

I hope MP's Bot use all vehicles too (Tauntaun, ATST, X-wing, ete ...)

Well sorry for answering so late, but the npc's follow you on a swoop on that zonju v level, so maybe that can be a start. (But after thinking, I don't really use bots, so this wouldn't be that important, I think.).

But what I would like to see is something totally new, like the wall hanging, and holstered weapons. But I don't know what that could be.

Well sorry for answering so late, but the npc's follow you on a swoop on that zonju v level, so maybe that can be a start. (But after thinking, I don't really use bots, so this wouldn't be that important, I think.).

But what I would like to see is something totally new, like the wall hanging, and holstered weapons. But I don't know what that could be.

I can wait long time hehe ..

ok can make NPC I spawn in SP map

make they ride any vehicles too ?

right now they just standing and shooting me or attack me by light saber

is only "zonju v level" NPC can use vehicles ? only swoop Bike ? can make use X-wings or Tie too ? Tauntaun or ete too ?

thank you

Unfortunately, programming the NPCs to drive vehicles is very tricky since the vehicles are so customizable and act so much differently than the normal players. Anyway, I think the only vehicles that the NPC were originally designed to drive were the ATST and the shoops. The Tie Fighters/Bombers don't count as that was done with scripting.

Archived