Home

What's New?

razorace

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its Paddy.

Ive been here for a pretty long time, mostly asking questions. I did some modding for Kotor2 a few months ago as well, i was about to release some big saber color pack but the first beta-tester said that they didnt look really different from the default ones and well i chickened out. I was just trying to improve the existing ones abit, i had however released my new darker blue, its on PCGM.

Thanks man, i hope im gonna win! Havent come this far for nothing.

Does that mean that PCGM is finally working again?

ET has finished switching over our beta server to the new ISP and we now

have a new IP of 207.210.238.102. From the looks of it, I'm getting a noticeably faster ping so hopefully everyone will have a faster ping too. :)

Does that mean that PCGM is finally working again?

ET has finished switching over our beta server to the new ISP and we now

have a new IP of 207.210.238.102. From the looks of it, I'm getting a noticeably faster ping so hopefully everyone will have a faster ping too. :)

Whadda ya mean working?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's Enhanced v0.0.9. Pcgamemods.com is still down so we're using Lucasfiles this time.

A special thanks to everyone who played on the code server and helped us hammer out bugs and new features. This is definately the best Enhanced release yet!

Anyway, in celebration, we'll be running Enhanced on Meat Grinder for at least a day or two.

====================================

Version 0.0.9:

New Features:

Force System (ForceSys):

We're now in the process of retooling and balancing the force powers to work in conjunction with the new saber system.

Drain:

- Due to Drain being completely unbalanced in OJP Enhanced, we've made drain fire Lightning until we can figure out what to do with Drain.

Grip:

- Players can now only be gripped if they are stunned, heavy slow bounced, knockdowned, or has less force skill in absorb/grip than the attacker has in grip.

Lightning:

- Lightning can now be blocked by saber users for a cost of 1 DP per lightning hit if the are facing their attacker and are not in a stun or heavy slow bounce.

- Lightning now causes knockback and knockdown to successfully hit victims.

Misc:

- During powerduel, the doubles team now has a force mastery rank of one less than the map's set force mastery level.

Push/Pull:

- Push/Pull can now be countered while a player is attacking, in the air, or charging up an attack. Push/Pull can't be countered during heavy slow bounces or while the player is stunned.

- Push/Pull now has more realistic knockdown strength.

Weapon System (WeaponSys):

Basically, we've retooled all the gun damage, speed, ammo usage, ammo capacity, and spread factors to make the blasters be more realistic.

Improvements/Fixes:

Blaster Bolt Block System:

- Saberers can now deflect primary shots from the Demp2 gun.

- Saberers can now block shots from the disruptor gun.

- Repeater bolts now cost 1 DP to saber block instead of the usual 5 DP.

Desperation Regeneration:

- Desperation regenerations have been removed for balance.

Dodge System:

- Added Body Dodge support for direct fire weapons.

- Increased DP cost for body dodging a saber attack to 40 DP.

- Fixed some issues with the Dodge System and the new knockdown system.

- DP meter now gives the critical alarm at less than 35 DP.

- Added ojp_allowBodyDodge cvar to allow enable/disable of the Dodge System's Body Dodges.

- Tweaked Dodge Push code so that it no longer costs FP.

- Players can now Dodge kicks by backflipping. You can do a Kick Dodge automatically whenever you're on the ground, not stunned/slow bounced, and walking/standing. You can do a Kick Dodge when you're in a slow bounce by pressing Jump. Kick Dodges cost 10 DP. Players can't dodge kicks made by a player using melee kicks.

- Fixed bug with missiles/blaster bolts getting stuck inside players and causing massive DP loss.

Fatigue System:

- Fixed a problem with the meditation regen rate not being consistent.

- Fixed problem with the meditation regen still happening even after a meditation taunt is finished.

Knockdown System:

- Fixed problem with knockdowns requiring a player to press their getup button before they had even hit the ground.

Ledge Grab:

- Doubled the ledge pull up animation to make it look better.

Movement System:

- Players now walk backwards slightly slower.

- Increased the spinning animation movement speed to %75 normal.

Saber Combat System:

Attack Fakes:

- Shorten the saber blade trail for attack fakes to 2x normal.

- Non-directed attack fakes that are started from the top attack position now properly shift to the lower attack directions.

- Attack Fakes now do 25% more damage than a normal saber attack.

Blocking System:

- Getting attacked from behind now costs double DP to saber block.

- Parrying now costs 1/3 normal DP instead of no DP at all.

- Players can only parry attacks from players that are in front of them. This parry arc is in a 180 degree arc in front of them.

- Fixed bug with players auto parrying any attack that hit the player while the player was already in a block animation.

- Roll stabs now cost 2x DP to saber block.

- Running doubles the DP cost required to saber block something. However, this is capped at the Body Dodge cost of dodging a saber blade (35 DP).

Hit Detection:

- Dramatically improved the saber combat hit detection by retooling the Real Trace and saber collide code.

Fatigue System:

- Being fatigued now reduces a player's saber trail length to .5 normal since a fatigued player swings much slower.

Misc:

- Fixed bug with certain moves (mainly spins) not getting knocked into bounces after an impact.

- Players now make shoved grunts sounds when they're stunned or knocked into a slow bounce.

- Downward ground stab moves now do damage to players are in the process of getting up.

- Saber attack wind ups no longer do attack damage.

- Fixed the attack move detection to also account for players who have just started a block/bounce move this frame. This issue should fix the problems with dual saberers doing vast amounts of damage.

- Players now get a DP and FP bonus of 20 for killing another player.

Mishaps:

- Players who are running now have some level of slow bounce protection (while above 50 DP).

Slow Bounces:

- Fixed problem with slow bounces occurring when they shouldn't.

- Changed things so that return animations are used for all slow bounces while players have more than 50 DP. The older, more vulnerable slow bounce animations are used when the player has less than 50 DP.

- Players can no longer move during slow bounces.

Style Balancing:

- Each style now does a different amount of DP damage.

Duals = 12 Yellow = 15

Staff = 12 Purple = 16

Cyan = 13 Strong = 17

Blue = 14

- Heavy Hitter Styles (red and purple) now have a stun threshold of 30 DP.

- One-Handed Styles (Duals, Cyan, and Purple) have higher disarm thresholds of 30 DP.

- Reduced the attack fatigue for dual/staff sabers to 2 FP.

- Decreased the attack fake FP cost for sabers back to normal.

- Completely removed transition move (spin moves) FP costs for all styles unless the transition is part of an attack fake. Dual sabers still get attack fakes for free.

Viewlocks:

- Viewlocks now no longer apply to two idle sabers touching.

New Cvars:

ojp_allowBodyDodge 1 - toggles the use of Body Dodges by players.

Ah crap, there's a major crash bug in the 0.0.9 release related to the improved hit detection. It's very simple fix, but not one you can do without altering the .dlls. :( Anyway, I'll release a fix tomorrow ASAP. In the meanwhile, I've put Basic back on the server.

Sorry about the nasty crash bug in 0.0.9. That was my fault. I didn't betatest the new code enough before releasing. Anyway, I've created a patch that will fix the crash problem. Note, there also seems to be a power duel related bug as well, but I haven't figured that one out yet. The patch can be found here.

To install the patch, just unzip it to your JKA directory just like you normally install OJP. Note: This patch isn't standalone, you do have to have the old Enhanced 0.0.9 installed to have things work.

Well, I didn't see much traffic on the Meat Grinder while running Enhanced and the Basic regulars were begging so I've switched the server back to Basic for the time being.

If you're want me to switch the Meat Grinder back to Enhanced for a special event, or just a duel or two, just contact me. I'll try to be accomindating as possible. Also, if you're willing to wait, the code server will be back up once Spring Break is over for me.

• 2 months later...

As a post-vacation gift, I've created and released a merged version of 0.0.9 + 0.0.9a and updated the distrubution page to point to that version (0.0.9b).

Users that already have 0.0.9 and 0.0.9a installed do not need to get 0.0.9b. This is just a repackage to make things easier for new users.

As a post-vacation gift, I've created and released a merged version of 0.0.9 + 0.0.9a and updated the distrubution page to point to that version (0.0.9b).

Users that already have 0.0.9 and 0.0.9a installed do not need to get 0.0.9b. This is just a repackage to make things easier for new users.

or where can I download ?

thank you :king1:

• 2 weeks later...
thank you for quick reply always ... :king1:

OJP Enhanced Pre 0.1.0 Trailer is out !

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/OJP_Enhanced_Pre_010_Trailer;64165

I cant watch video somehow .. only I can hear sounds ... :(

so version 0.1.0 coming soon ?

Yeah, fairly soon. We are presently looking for beta testers btw. If you or anyone else is interested, PM myself or razor your IM.

And yes, I'm back everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm happy to report that OJP Enhanced v0.1.0 is getting close to release. I think we have all the major features we want (for v0.1.0) and are now in the process of bug hunting, balancing, and polishing.

However, we seem to be low on betatesters and now is when we need them the most. We need to test the living hell out of the latest version.

See here for more details on helping.

Archived