Home

Want hardcore JA game play? (xmod2)

FK | unnamed

xMOD 2 test server @

64.81.143.34 - Featuring the return of flip-kick

Hex and the =X= mod crew are back in biz and like they did in Jedi Outcast, they are dedicated in putting out a serious competition mod that addresses game play issues instead of focusing on Yoda models and kissing emotes.

In Outcast =X= mod was one of the most updated mods made. They constantly were listening to the competitive community and making tweaks and adjustments so as to bring the game play as close to perfect as possible, and I’m sure it won’t be any different in Academy.

So for those of you who run servers and feel that the force/saber aspects of Academy are just too simplistic and mundane to provide a true serious competitive environment, keep an eye on this mod and consider running it on your servers once the full version goes live.

A lot of things still need to be done, but their main goal is the removal of a lot of the nerfing that was done from the Outcast to Academy transition, as well as just plain tightening up a lot of the sloppy, random game play that is present in base JA.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any idea if/when this is available for download? Also I know it's made by players who know basically everything about the sabers/force side of the game, but, any changes to anything that'll effect Guns play?

I know I could go and play it hehe, but it's a US server and well, I'm not into jka enough anymore to go and play somewhere with high ping. :x

do me a favor, go start a "who would win in a fight: master yoda or spider-man?" thread over in the swamp and gtfo of this thread.

this thread was to inform the general public as well as server admins, that this mod provides an alternative for players who dislike the sloppy, random and insanely simplistic Full Force Saber Only game play in Academy.

You want to run around pretending to be darth Chewbacca?

Great, more power to you, have fun.

But the fact remains there are a hell of a lot of people bought this game and didn't like all the nerfing, and hence this mod turns things up a notch and gives them back more complex game play.

Like I said, you don't like it, gtfo of here.

check out the mods progress here:

http://x.fragism.com/forum/index.php?sid=a79af894783d044dd0893c4a342a3822

the =X= guys are very supportive when it comes to player feedback, find a bug? Tell them. Feel some tweaks are needed here and there? Same thing.

Now now child, while i expected such a response the fact of the matter is that you are basically turning JA into JO. Hell, you practically admit it in the post.

To describe turning JA into JO as 'hardcore' (LOL) JA gameplay is thus by default plain idiotic and actually fairly provocative. Be honest to yourselves and rename the title to something more to the point as I described above.

That response is also doubly stupid as most people who know me will say that your generalization of me is so way off it's funny. I make it a point to hunt down the people you described.

I have the right to my opinion, and it is also not in your power to tell me to not state it here. So do yourself a favor and cut the bull.

Sounds like some of us want to turn this game into Counter-Strike or Quake 3... How about we play the game for what it is? Star Wars. It's a game where you swing lightsabers, it's original enough. Even if it's not 'optimized' to meet your needs, it still keeps most of us from watching paint dry all day. :D

To me, Unnamed was simply letting those interested in high level competition know about a server to play on and mentioned the issues being solved that concerns those players.

I'm glad to see the possibility of JA actually having a high level competitive community in its future. Why are some of you so threatened by that?

geeesh...

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

I simply do not like the ridiculously elitist tone he is setting. Hardcore JA MP that happens to look suspiciously like JO Reloaded? Surrre.

Well said. I don't have a problem with it either, but he could tone it down a notch. Personally, I see nothing wrong with JA the way it is.. No reason to diss the game, making it seem like it's not good enough for the truly skilled players. ;)

Oh i don't really care about the so-called elite community.

I simply do not like the ridiculously elitist tone he is setting. Hardcore JA MP that happens to look suspiciously like JO Reloaded? Surrre.

If you don't really care, you would not be posting repeatedly

on this thread. Sounds to me like your flame baiting. Oh well to each their own.

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

If you don't really care, you would not be posting repeatedly

on this thread. Sounds to me like your flame baiting.

That would work.. except i haven't thrown a single insult in this entire thread. I was giving my overall opinion of his attitude and the idea.

It would also work if i didn't state my qualifier. How unfortunate for what you say, as said qualifier shoots it down mercilessly. Try not to ignore qualifiers next time..

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

To me, Unnamed was simply letting those interested in high level competition know about a server to play on and mentioned the issues being solved that concerns those players.

I'm glad to see the possibility of JA actually having a high level competitive community in its future. Why are some of you so threatened by that?

geeesh...

ditto

That would work.. except i haven't thrown a single insult in this entire thread. I was giving my overall opinion of his attitude and the idea.

It would also work if i didn't state my qualifier. How unfortunate for what you say, as said qualifier shoots it down mercilessly. Try not to ignore qualifiers next time..

LOL. I don't need a qualifier. I never said you used any insults, I said you were baiting him.

im more interested in hard core singleplayer cuz its too easy i want consant jedi battles like double or triple what chandrilas like:D

when i looked at KOTOR screen shots it looked like this but it isnt a FPS i goes "command your party around the star wars universe" sound fimiar to anyone? (dungeon siege) to me it seems like one of those games where u click the enemy ur guy does a flashy move and u think WOW COOL then in half an hour u get bored of it

uhh yeah.... whatever.

:rolleyes:

Like I said, many people disliked changes such as:

-The removal of double tap kicks

-Force pool restrictions for basic special moves

-The grip line of sight restriction

-Ghoul2 2 hit detection in Multiplayer

-The restrictions on the player roll move

Because those changes slowed the pace of the game down considerably and eliminated a lot of combos and the potential for new combo/move development (due to the various restrictions in place for a lot of things now).

Hence, people wanted faster more complex game play and turned to a mod that was supported by the competitive community in Jedi Outcast.

How I'm taking an "elitist" attitude is beyond me, I simply was informing people there are now other options at their disposal.

And considering the very large volume of disgruntled posts and threads people have made on these very forums regarding their dislike for the game play changes in Academy multiplayer, it's obvious there is an audience for this mod and what it's going to do.

And as for "hunting me down"....

yeah ok, sure.... just please don't tell me you wear boba fett pj's while you play this game. That kind of stuff creeps me out.

But if you would like a match with me in either Outcast or Academy, I would be more than happy to oblige you, just post a challenge on our forums and we can set it up.

http://fk.fragwhore.com/gl-bin/forum/

I'm totally sure you will drop by and make that challenge though...

:rolleyes:

Archived