Home

Want hardcore JA game play? (xmod2)

FK | unnamed

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth Kaan

I'm glad to see the possibility of JA actually having a high level competitive community in its future. Why are some of you so threatened by that?

geeesh...

They can't hang with anything more complex than holding down mouse1.

It's as simple as that.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's the truth.

Remember guys, all of the whining about DFA's, back stabs and kicks was not coming from our camp... we were totally able to deal with them.

Now as for not wanting this mod to catch on?

Ask yourself when was the last time you saw a competitive player getting his ass kicked on public servers in Outcast?

It simply didn't happen.

When guys from clans like ours or [div3rse] would "pub" (play on public servers) it was pure murder.

Outcast had much more complex game play and mechanics because of the lack of restrictions put on powers/moves etc.

No one is saying we want to remove anything from Academy that was added (beyond the nerfs).

Now once the nerfs are gone, not only can all of the old combos be done again, many, many new ones can be created.

Grip-kick into a roll+stab finish?

That's just plain brutal... and now possible.

That's what I mean by hardcore game play, more options at ones disposal = more complexity and in turn, players being more creative with move/combo development.

You just proved my entire point for me with the first three lines. As for me, I don't hold the button like a mindless drone. In fact you can ask Kaia, Corto, and Wudan about my public statements of those types of players.

And for the record, I learned how to dodge all of the things you mentioned (And out of sheer spite used Dark Rage and blue backstab to wreak havoc).

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

You just proved my entire point for me with the first three lines. As for me, I don't hold the button like a mindless drone. In fact you can ask Kaia, Corto, and Wudan about my public statements of those types of players.

And for the record, I learned how to dodge all of the things you mentioned (And out of sheer spite used Dark Rage and blue backstab to wreak havoc).

good for you, now go away if you have nothing to contribute.

Originally posted by div3rse.jello

lemme join M.I.L.F.

hunter/seeker/abuser/stalker/beater are all taken, think up a decent name and you're in.

server is going up soon too.

Oh and let's knock off the flames & flame-baiting (you know who you are).

Now that the SDK is out, we finally have a chance to make peace and resolve this. Let the folks who said they could improve JA give it a shot and let's see what they come up with. Can't be any harm in that can there?

And if it ends up not being what you want, simply don't use the mod (or make yourself a better one). Simple! Everybody wins!

Hey thx for the info:D , I've been waiting for a mod like this forever now. How do I get this? Do I dl it, or is it a server-side thing?

I agree, I liked the gameplay of JO better it was fast paced like Quake3 or something. This is a dream come true for me at least. Can't wait to play this. Thx

Oh btw, Does this mod do anything to make weapons strong again? Maybe it's just me but it seems like some weapons don't do as much damage as they used to, or it could just be the hit detection thing that you referred to.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Oh and let's knock off the flames & flame-baiting (you know who you are).

Now that the SDK is out, we finally have a chance to make peace and resolve this. Let the folks who said they could improve JA give it a shot and let's see what they come up with. Can't be any harm in that can there?

And if it ends up not being what you want, simply don't use the mod (or make yourself a better one). Simple! Everybody wins!

Personally, I think you'd be interested in whatsome people I know (Hush hush, not supposed to talk) are going to come up with. Some people are gonna be pissed, but if it works and catches on it'll be the END of the fools who hold down Attack.

haha uj.

<-- method from ET.

you know stalker? he only got that name after i was talking about milf clan at his house while we were playing.

ps. i own him :p

and for you ja ppl, xmod2 isnt made to turn jamp into jomp but rather to make jamp as enjoyable as jomp, not to mention add at least 1 notch of skill to the game.

Originally posted by Imperial_thug

Hey thx for the info:D , I've been waiting for a mod like this forever now. How do I get this? Do I dl it, or is it a server-side thing?

I agree, I liked the gameplay of JO better it was fast paced like Quake3 or something. This is a dream come true for me at least. Can't wait to play this. Thx

Oh btw, Does this mod do anything to make weapons strong again? Maybe it's just me but it seems like some weapons don't do as much damage as they used to, or it could just be the hit detection thing that you referred to.

Well in Outcast =X= mod was the same as the admin mods, you didn't have to download anything.

But this time around there may be a small client file due to the some of the changes.

and like before, setting cl_AllowDownload 1 in the console will get you the file when you connect to any server running it.

actually i believe you needed to download the xmod1 client to have script protection or whatever in xmod servers.

you could not play in a xmod server without xmod client: from what i remember. you couldnt play in div server w/o getting xmod from sourceforge or @ x server first

Originally posted by noide

actually i believe you needed to download the xmod1 client to have script protection or whatever in xmod servers.

you could not play in a xmod server without xmod client: from what i remember. you couldnt play in div server w/o getting xmod from sourceforge or @ x server first

I played in div and I never had the client.

Then again I had auto-dl off all the time.

the client file was just for the script detection and I'm not sure if he's putting that in this time around.

now if the server has the script thingy running pure, then yeah, the clients have to have it, but I never had it and I played on div now and then.

Archived