Home

Want hardcore JA game play? (xmod2)

FK | unnamed

scripting is not cheating guys. the only one ever to give anyone an advantage would be the te script and thats been dealt with.

scripted kicks? who cares they are stuck kicking in one exact fashion from one exact distance. nowhere near as good as a natural kicker.

scripted kata/butterfly/lunge ? whats different with those than doing them by hand? so what if they have it on one button.

i fail to see the advantage other than you have more keys to make chat scripts with.

competitive players just accept that the people they face have scripts (stems from quake series its a big tradition) and have to be secure in that if they don't know their **** well enough they will get beaten.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

No.

You may refer to me as God, also known as your Lord. Either is appropriate.

Wow you just took on that "elitest" attitude that you accused UJ of having. gj!

Anyways the mod looks pretty good. Still lacking some things. My JO/JA days are over most likely. GL guys!

Originally posted by g//plaZma

Anyways the mod looks pretty good. Still lacking some things. My JO/JA days are over most likely. GL guys!

there is a not-so-fine line between "eliteist" and pompous asses.

the eliteist people (as many of you call them) are more humble than many of you and are simply stating facts, not waveing them out saying 'HAHA I OWN YOU FAGGOT NEWBS U SUK!!!!"

hell 99% of the time they are simply telling the person to put up or shut up so they don't have to hear their bull**** anymore.

You may refer to me as God, also known as your Lord. Either is appropriate.

My god is a woman... how do you look in a skirt? ;)

I must admit I'm intrigued with the profanity filter of xMod, but what's this nonsense about banning the Jawa model? Also, is the amsleep, etc. crap really necessary?

Originally posted by g//plaZma

Buddy, if you were paying any sort of attention to this thread you would've noticed that I said this was an inside joke previously. Last Thursday I played on Kurgan's server as [R.I.P] God, Tesla was [R.I.P] Jesus, and Kurgan himself was [R.I.P] Holy Ghost. The Sam that posted in this thread will also get it, I was considering asking him to be R.I.P Apostle. LOL

Now now child, while i expected such a response the fact of the matter is that you are basically turning JA into JO. Hell, you practically admit it in the post.

To describe turning JA into JO as 'hardcore' (LOL) JA gameplay is thus by default plain idiotic and actually fairly provocative. Be honest to yourselves and rename the title to something more to the point as I described above.

That response is also doubly stupid as most people who know me will say that your generalization of me is so way off it's funny. I make it a point to hunt down the people you described.

I have the right to my opinion, and it is also not in your power to tell me to not state it here. So do yourself a favor and cut the bull.

WTF

lol

Sooooooooooo much complicated words!

Stop this ****.

I'm not taking any sides here. I'm a moder myself. I can make this JA chalenging. And damn, wtf is up with the fk? Gotta love um :D Played on fk servers for years. They'll never surprise you how crazy ass they can be. I know what makes them all tick. It's that god damn ****ing peice of **** front kick. I'll make a mod as soon as I get JA so that I can make a one click super kick that I can be a complete ****ing whore in. Lol. IT'll be so much ****ing fun!

Buddy, if you were paying any sort of attention to this thread you would've noticed that I said this was an inside joke previously. Last Thursday I played on Kurgan's server as [R.I.P] God, Tesla was [R.I.P] Jesus, and Kurgan himself was [R.I.P] Holy Ghost. The Sam that posted in this thread will also get it, I was considering asking him to be R.I.P Apostle. LOL

LOLOLOL K CAN I B [R.I.P] CHEWBACCA????

All I have to say is, I hope for the sake of general respect by the public your maturity level does not reflect that of the 'elite' (loosely used) community.

Ok can we have tea sometime? I'd love to exchange bows with you, oh great honorable jedi master. Please teach me the ways of the force.

but what's this nonsense about banning the Jawa model?

Banning jawa model is optional, so it doesn't have to be disabled, but if you're wondering why anyone would want to ban the cute jawa it's because in team games its harder (not impossible by looking at the crosshair colour)to see which team the jawa is on, as it has no team colours. Thats the only explaination i can think of :amidala:

Originally posted by MasterSidious

WTF

lol

Sooooooooooo much complicated words!

Stop this ****.

I'm not taking any sides here. I'm a moder myself. I can make this JA chalenging. And damn, wtf is up with the fk? Gotta love um :D Played on fk servers for years. They'll never surprise you how crazy ass they can be. I know what makes them all tick. It's that god damn ****ing peice of **** front kick. I'll make a mod as soon as I get JA so that I can make a one click super kick that I can be a complete ****ing whore in. Lol. IT'll be so much ****ing fun!

Wrong, i would kick your ass with sidekick too :p

All I have to say is, I hope for the sake of general respect by the public your maturity level does not reflect that of the 'elite' (loosely used) community.

Any time you wanna challenge the "elite" community than so be it. You know where to find me and all the other "elites". Any game, any time, any where. Hell, I can probobly whoop you in pong too.:D

Originally posted by fome

Banning jawa model is optional, so it doesn't have to be disabled, but if you're wondering why anyone would want to ban the cute jawa it's because in team games its harder (not impossible by looking at the crosshair colour)to see which team the jawa is on, as it has no team colours. Thats the only explaination i can think of :amidala:

Ahh... that makes sense (though I'd still argue that huge floating team icon over people's heads should be clue enough ;)).

I was just concerned people were still buying into that "Jawas are magically indestructible" myth.

Again, the mute/squelch/profanity filter really appeals to me, I'm just curious though... can this be run server-side only, or does it require clients to have the patch as well?

Lastly, as far as the previous discussion goes regarding this thread's title; soon as we have instagib and LMS (last man standing) gameplay options, I'll call it hardcore. Right now it just sounds like JA with flipkicks... whooptie doo. ;)

i hope that your maturity level doesn't reflect that of dendrophiliacs. hell i hope it doesn't reflect anything as it would be an insult for an ant to have your level of maturity.

Originally posted by KaiaSowapit

Again, the mute/squelch/profanity filter really appeals to me, I'm just curious though... can this be run server-side only, or does it require clients to have the patch as well?

Lastly, as far as the previous discussion goes regarding this thread's title; soon as we have instagib and LMS (last man standing) gameplay options, I'll call it hardcore. Right now it just sounds like JA with flipkicks... whooptie doo. ;)

Not only can you filter profanity, you can add any word to the "profanity" list such as "lamer", "lame", "chatkill", "honor", etc. All will be replaced with a string of your choosing, such as "@#$%!^" or "ima loser". That feature and the other adminmod features were in the JK2 version (1.2.0) but aren't in the current JA version. I think they wanted to get something out quickly (remember the SDK just came out) for the people who wanted flip kicks. Apparently the author Hex is very receptive to input, so now is the time to tell him what you want, Kaia:

http://x.fragism.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

It is server side right now. If he adds a scripter management feature like he had before, and if you choose to manage scripters, you can autodownload a small client file. You can read about the JK2 version to see what Hex is capable of:

http://xmod.cat5camp.com/help_index.html

Instagib for Jedi Academy is under developement. Read about it here (thanks to Supes of BF for the heads-up):

http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showthread.asp?forumid=104&threadid=98389

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Not only can you filter profanity, you can add any word to the "profanity" list such as "lamer", "lame", "chatkill", "honor", etc. All will be replaced with a string of your choosing, such as "@#$%!^" or "ima loser". That feature and the other adminmod features were in the JK2 version (1.2.0) but aren't in the current JA version. I think they wanted to get something out quickly (remember the SDK just came out) for the people who wanted flip kicks. Apparently the author Hex is very receptive to input, so now is the time to tell him what you want, Kaia:

http://x.fragism.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

It is server side right now. If he adds scripter management feature like he had before, and you choose to manage scripters, you can autodownload a small client file. You can read about the JK2 version to see what Hex is capable of:

http://xmod.cat5camp.com/help_index.html

Instagib for Jedi Academy is under developement. Read about it here (thanks to Supes of BF for the heads-up):

http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showthread.asp?forumid=104&threadid=98389

i would replace lamer with "HELLO I"M A ****ING NEWB PLEASE KILL ME AND ALL MY DENDROPHILIAC FRIENDS"

Archived