Home

Want hardcore JA game play? (xmod2)

FK | unnamed

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, I'd like to thank everyone here for their opinion on my old JO mod and my new JA mod. I put a lot of work into the entire Xmod project and it's nice to see there are at least a few people who enjoy it.

Second I thought I'd give you a bit of a .plan here on what I'll be working on during the week:

Xmod 2.1.0 .plan

- Making changes to the default SDK to make a vanilla source that can be compiled in .net and with gcc.

I know lots of you can't wait for the next feature list for 2.1 but none of this can happen without a simple way to compile the code for linux and then windows. Since raven felt the need to go back to DLL, mods need a seperate SO file to be compiled for linux dedicated servers. Lame, but I can deal with it

- Adding in a few other features like #health chat replacement and /name private tells

- Putting level .fix files back in the game

To block off errors that map developers (learn from your mistakes please) leave in their maps. For example on top of buildings, etc... These files will block off areas players shouldn't be able to jump to.

- Admin commands

I really want to put admins back into control and I will be spends lots of time putting admin commands back into the game one at a time. This includes the ip bans in a file, mute by ip, etc.

- Profanity Filter

This needs a little rework but should be an issue

- Cvar Saber damage

For all sabers and styles... I know many people would like to change the damage system for specific moves.

After all of this I will then be going through our forums and adding things into the game that players request. Remember that I'm making this mod for the players (I include myself in this group) and I will put pretty much anything reasonable into the game. Everything will be cvar optional, of course.

in team games it has no colours so you cant tell whos team there on, other than the crosshair colour

Originally posted by fome

Banning jawa model is optional, so it doesn't have to be disabled, but if you're wondering why anyone would want to ban the cute jawa it's because in team games its harder (not impossible by looking at the crosshair colour)to see which team the jawa is on, as it has no team colours. Thats the only explaination i can think of :amidala:

Fine, but the same is true of many other "secret skins" and in fact you can play as Kyle without the team skin.

There is a mod that lets you use team colors for the Jawa, why not simply add that to Xmod and forget the banning of the skin?

Also you're wrong about "the only way to know what team they are on."

-Force Seeing (reveals their team color)

-Radar (they show up as a green icon at close range if on your team)

-Team Beacon (if they're on your team they'll have a beacon showing it)

-Saber color (always team color)

-Stationary Shield color (only in certain maps but you get the idea, same as the saber color thing)

I suppose the only time it would be a real problem is if the guy switches teams a lot, if they are lots of Jawas or friendly fire is on. But still...

I say remove the "ban jawa model" option and just add in the "team colors for Jawa" mod, which is really tiny. I believe it's available from a variety of sites including pcgamemods.com.

Something needs to be done. As it is now, the mod is perpetuating the myth that the Jawa model is "a cheat."

PS: Banning the kyle & luke "menu" models is also pointless since the patch already does that, but I figured xmod2 was either made before the patch or else they figured people who didn't use the patch in MP (for whatever oddball reason) would still get to ban those exploits.

I played the Xmod, and I noticed no difference in gameplay... Except that JK2 kicks are back. As long as they are not spammed, I'm fine with them.

Also, when somebody does a kata/spin/whatever move, you can easily interrupt it all with a JK2 kick. This turning the game into JK2, where katas and the new spins become totally useless. Heck, I kicked away a guy doing a staff butterfly on me :(

Originally posted by Master William

I played the Xmod, and I noticed no difference in gameplay... Except that JK2 kicks are back. As long as they are not spammed, I'm fine with them.

Also, when somebody does a kata/spin/whatever move, you can easily interrupt it all with a JK2 kick. This turning the game into JK2, where katas and the new spins become totally useless. Heck, I kicked away a guy doing a staff butterfly on me :(

they arn't useless, they just wont be used every second like they are now.

well i'll be sure to whore kicks (along with many others) whenever mw is around.

and thats where you are wrong mw.

they only stop the move if you do it during windup. i did get immense satisfaction kicking a guy who tried to rs me in the air. he landed on his ass :D

as for doing it during katas you had better time it right or you will die, simple as that. esp with the saber barrier. its great to send one guy into his teammates with teamdamage on while he is doing a sb. its just fun.

Originally posted by Sam

I love this mod.........:cry8: <-----tears of joy.

the force on the server is abit Slooooow though.

The force regen is set to default, 200 which is the only setting ever used in any matches/tourneys. It balances the game out pretty much so you won't see fcs (flag carriers) seemingly being able to switch force speed on all the time when they don't have a team energizer. It also adds more complexity and a responsibility to watch and use your force pool correctly.

Originally posted by g//plaZma

It also adds more complexity and a responsibility to watch and use your force pool correctly.

Tell me about it, there are hardly any g_forceregentime 200s' out there.

I am so damn use to the high respawn settings.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Fine, but the same is true of many other "secret skins" and in fact you can play as Kyle without the team skin.

-Force Seeing (reveals their team color)

-Radar (they show up as a green icon at close range if on your team)

-Team Beacon (if they're on your team they'll have a beacon showing it)

-Saber color (always team color)

-Stationary Shield color (only in certain maps but you get the idea, same as the saber color thing)

I ain't going to use 20 force just to see whose team this guy is on.

Who the hell has time to look at the radar.

And if their saber is off?

Originally posted by div3rse.jello

^No1 uses the radar in any team based game except for Siege. It's pretty crappy and not really useful.

With the chewbacca skin, it's harder to tell what team they're on too but Hex is probably not gonna touch that.

Radar IS useful. Ideally it would show ENEMY UNITS (say, as red arrows) as well as friends (combined with Force Seeing, like the JK1/MotS Map)... ah well, wasted opportunity (HINT, HINT MOD MAKERS!).

Radar takes no more time to glance at than your HUD, in other words, no time at all. Lazy!

And in Siege radar saves TONS of time.

Team Beacon. If they have one, they're on your team. If they don't, they're an enemy, shoot to kill!

You have no excuse! ; )

You can also do it by name. Look in the upper righthand corner of the screen. You'll see the names of all teammates, weapons they are holding at the moment (I know the pictures are small) and relative position (in Siege). Aim at somebody and their name appears. Green for allies and red for Allies (IIRC).

But I just use the Team Beacon. pretty hard to miss...

---------------------------------------

fk | screed wrote:

Your always on the bottom cause your a bish

YOU FARGIN SNEEGY BOSTAGE!

Radar IS useful. Ideally it would show ENEMY UNITS (say, as red arrows) as well as friends (combined with Force Seeing, like the JK1/MotS Map)... ah well, wasted opportunity (HINT, HINT MOD MAKERS!).

yeah no **** thats what i say.

I get your point, Kurgan but when you're playing CTF, it's so fast-paced that you don't want to look up at your radar when some guy wearing the jawa skin comes by just to see if he's on your team or not since he can be running after your fc to return his flag. Having the jawa skin on is an advantage in high-paced CTF gameplay where every second counts. So just to avoid complications and confusions and to ensure fair gameplay, Hex has made a cvar to disable this model.

Team Beacon. If they have one, they're on your team. If they don't, they're an enemy, shoot to kill!

You have no excuse! ; )

You can also do it by name. Look in the upper righthand corner of the screen. You'll see the names of all teammates, weapons they are holding at the moment (I know the pictures are small) and relative position (in Siege). Aim at somebody and their name appears. Green for allies and red for Allies (IIRC).

But I just use the Team Beacon. pretty hard to miss...

Not everyone has the team overlay on by default.

Archived